• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lakers get Nash

Storm

The lakers ended up getting Steve Nash with a sign and trade with Phoenix. The Phoenix suns recieved 4 future draft picks, 2 first and 2 second rounders.

Do you guys think this will be enough for them to beat the Thunder?

they will look alot better with Nash running the point then Sessions!!! Oh well the Suns fans lost Nash but they now signed Michael Beasley....

I think the Lakers are on the decline, Kobe is getting old, and has lost a few steps physically, and still thinks he has it. By adding more old people, isnt going to get them much better. IMO

how long will it be before Stern decides to intervene and overturn this move? lol

There is no way Nash is going to stop Westbrook so although this makes the Lakers better on the offensive end they are still a notch below the Thunder.

The Lakers will have a very savy team with vetrans that know how to win and I think with Nash that is going to benefit Kobe so much as there will be someone else to create off the dribble with the ability to take over a game sometimes without scoring himself...they will be an older team but we saw how San Antonio did and I would take the Lakers vets over the Spurs vets from this past year. It will be a very interesting team to watch that is for sure!!

Kobe is a ball hog, and so is Nash. They will clash. Nash has already said he wants to run his own plays, that wont sit well with Kobe.

Ahhh Kobe is getting older and knows he needs help to dominate the game...Steve Nash is the best distributor/facilitator in the game and Kobe will be just fine getting set-up by the canadian pg. Who knows maybe this will open up the Lakers to trade Kobe instead of Bynum...I am sure there would be a great market for Kobe...couple 1st rounders and a decent SG/SF in return...Tell me Nash/Gasol/Bynum and a good SG/SF wouldn't be decent? Hey they may be better than with Kobe as others would expect to shoot and get the ball when it is in Nash's hands!!

Although I wouldn't be suprised the team would improve trading kobe for a few other good players to go along with bynum, gasol, and nash this cannot be done. Kobe has a no-trade clause just like what Joe Mauer got with the twins. Kobe will finish his career in L.A. even if its not what is best for the team.

Ah we got screwed again just like the cheap shot in the hockey playoffs. It is one thing to leave the team and fans but to go to the rival is another. While i don't follow them much, i do keep up on the scores and who is doing what. Nash was a great representative for the Suns and I wish him luck at the Lakers. Someday he will return, he always said he wanted to retire here but also wants to win. He carried much of the team this year and was very vocal about doing so, to the point where he asked a couple times that if the mgmt did not get the others on board, he wanted to leave. I guess it will be another rebuilding season for the Suns, Cardinals, Diamondbacks, and the Yotes.

Yeah Nash wanted to go somewhere where he could still c his kids 4 times or more a month opposed to 4 times a season if traded somewhere else and the Suns management made that happen by trading him to LA only 6 hrs away or something like that...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      i cant help you with the weed thing, but i just came back form out that way......Regal, New London Hawick area. i dont no how big the swat of rain was but there is water standing everywhere. my buddy told me they had over 3 inches of rain yesterday/last night 
    • mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.