• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL FA rumor.

fishing tech

Parise to the Wild if they meet his number. Doesn't matter what others offer. If the dollars and # of years are right he will play here next year.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• fishing tech

What I hear is the guy wants to win first and foremost. I'm sure he'll pick the team that offers him a solid chance at a cup in the time he's with them and get a nice paycheck as well. We have lots of good prospects, but few proven high end NHLers.

If we offer him 7mil and so does a team in a better position to make a cup run, I think he takes the other team. Just my opinion based on what I hear/read.

Sounds like they traded for Gilbert last year because he is good friends with Sutter. I hope we get both him and Parise. Talk about a quick turn around!

That is what I heard. He would take less so or if the wild would take a run at Suter. I trust the guy I talked with. I just hope it all works out.

This should be an interesting FA season that is for sure, rumors flying everywhere. I have no clue what is going to happen but I will be fun to watch win lose or draw, come on July 1!

Another scenario. Word is that Rick Nash will be traded. Forget the fact that it would cost some younger talent to get him but what if the Wild traded something for Nash.

From a pure scoring standpoint I'd like Nash over Parise myself (but of course either is an improvement). But I'm not sure how much it would take to get Nash....

I think they are asking a lot for Nash, not sure I want to give up our future for him. If Parise is willing to sign here we take him and run and don't give up any assets.

Nash would definitely be tough. We have such a bright future for once, I would rather go with Parise and just pay out the nose.

I've always thought that Nash and Heatley are similar, they are both bigger and have that knack for scoring. Nash always seems pretty dirty, I'll continue to hate him until he is in a Wild sweater!

Parise's NHL Stats:

Year Team GP G A PTS +/-

2011-12 NJD 82 31 38 69 -5

2010-11 NJD 13 3 3 6 -1

2009-10 NJD 81 38 44 82 24

2008-09 NJD 82 45 49 94 30

2007-08 NJD 81 32 33 65 13

2006-07 NJD 82 31 31 62 -3

2005-06 NJD 81 14 18 32 -1

He's scored >30G in every year he's been healthy except his rookie year. He's 27. His overal +/- is +57. He's played at least 81 games in 6 of his last 7 seasons.

So what's he worth?

Good for us. He's a solid backup, he just needs to stay healthy.

I wonder if this means we start shipping off a G prospect or two.

Good for us. He's a solid backup, he just needs to stay healthy.

I wonder if this means we start shipping off a G prospect or two.

I like this move and see Harding as our starter or transition tender betweek Backstrom and Hackett. Backstroms is on the last year of a big contract so maybe we move him at some point or just let him walk and go with Harding/Hackett.

He's got a no move clause and I've heard he likes it here. Besides, who want to take a goalie getting $6M who's had durability issues that last couple seasons. He would be a tough move.

I like the move to keep Harding. I doubt they can move Backs and his contract so those are the 2 starters for 12-13. Also gives them a starter under contract for the season after that.

My guess is that Fletcher will be making some sort of trade soon and one of the young goaltenders will probably be part of the deal. No idea who they would trade for but I think Hackett has to be a pretty nice prospect to dangle to another team.

This is why I like the new Wild management. They finally have a some prospects which can give them options for the future!!!

I think we end up keeping Hackett, kid is super young for a tender and has a super bright future. Backs is 34 already. My guess is if we have a bad year and miss the playoffs he would wave his NTC at the deadline to a team that needs an upgrade in goal. Not sure what will happen with him next season, maybe we let him walk or maybe we sign him. I do like the idea of keeping Hackett in the AHL this season and giving him a ton of playing time.

I don't think we resign Backs after this year. My guess is he walks at the end of the year and we have Harding/Hackett as the 1/2 punch with one of our many goalie prospects working on getting into a spot farther off in the future.

I say roll the dice and trade Backstrom right now. Start Harding next year with Hackett as the back up. Is Jose Theodore availible?!?! Odds are we don't make the playoffs next year anyway unless we make some big moves this summer.

I think Backstrom will be gone maybe by this weekend or at least before the start of the season. The Wild say they want Hackett to play in the minors this year but I don't believe that. Parise and Suter sign, a big trade on draft day, and the Wild make a playoff run next spring. It is nice to dream. I think some of this will happen from what I hear.

I don't think Backs is trade-able because of his salary. Might be possible if he does a sign and trade type of deal.

I'm all for it if they can move him.

Hey, if they can make it happen, that's great! I just don't think it's in the cards. I'm guessing they let him walk next summer and he goes to a team looking for a vet. $2M price tag I would guess.

So - how does everyone think Matt Dumba will look in a Wild sweater tomorrow? grin I think they shoot for the best defenseman available. They always say the best player, but do they really need another Miettinnen in Teravainen? Hey, maybe Reinhart will drop down to #7. That would make the choice easy.

So - how does everyone think Matt Dumba will look in a Wild sweater tomorrow? grin I think they shoot for the best defenseman available. They always say the best player, but do they really need another Miettinnen in Teravainen? Hey, maybe Reinhart will drop down to #7. That would make the choice easy.

I think its a given they stay at #7 and take a defensemen... Im not gonna pretend to know anything about these players in the top 10, but from what ive heard there should be multiple very good defensemen to choose from where they are picking and thats the position they need most IMO

The other player I'd love to see the Wild land would be Justin Schultz (UW D-man). Apparently he's not signing with Anaheim and will become a FA on July 1. Whatever team lands him will be getting a steal.

I honestly don't know who I prefer, just going to trust the Wild. After the top 3-4 players the quality is still there but each D and F seem to have some minor holes in their game. Glad it's not up to me to be honest. Looking at past drafts can be kind of scary, a lot of the top guys are good but plenty fizzle out and some later picks turn out to be studs. You just never know, total dump shoot.

Sounds like the Wild are going to let Lats test free agency (just a rumor at this point) but I don't like it. Yes he has been useless for 2 years with injuries and I understand trying to get him cheaper but the dude has 30 goal potential, take a chance on him for 1 year at his 2.5 salary and see what happens. He could be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.

There's no way anyone gives him 2.5mil and we shouldn't either. I'm guessing he gets 1-1.5mil from someone, maybe more with performance bonuses. You just can't pay a guy 2.5mil who just sat out 140 of the last 164 games.

He was pretty bad when he was on the Habs before he came here on what sounded like a last chance effort before he was demoted to the minors, he has 1 good season and gets a contract and then gets hurt. $1.5 mil should be enough to fly his kid out to Minny any time he wants... he sounds like a head case to me.