• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone know if the spawn is over and if any gills are in shallow yet?

Thanks

Harvey, my wife and me caught some Monday up here on Linwood Lake [Anoka Co.] with some full of spawn. not all but some. good luck.

Based on a previous thread... June 4th will be the peak! So they should be going good this weekend.

Boated close to 35 today, all bigger females and only 1 had eggs in it. I could find next to no fish in the very shallow like I did last week.

Almost all my gills came in 9-14fow. Kept 7 for a meal tonight.

The answer to this question varies according to the lake you fish. Bluegills are going to wait until the water temps get into the 70 degree range or so before they really cut it loose on spawning. Smaller lakes are there, but some bigger lakes might not be right now. I had 66 degree water on Prior a couple of days ago and I was catching a few big female gills while walleye fishing with minnows out in 20 to 25 FOW.