• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DonBo

One For the Old Man

DonBo

Many of you know I got to hunt with my Dad this spring for the first time in a LONG time. Well due to a twist of fate I was able to take a bird Monday, opening morning of our hunt, while he was sitting at home. I kinda felt like a $hit taking that bird without him being there, he was SUPPOSED to get first crack.

Anyway, after much work and little sleep, we made it happen early this morning. This tom came in quiet, right off the roost, right into our decoys, one shot at only about 15 yards put him down.

Dad's 88 years old and still hunting, successfully! We should all be so lucky.

Way to go Harry! I'm proud of you.

DSC03139.jpg

reinhard1

congradulations on a fine bird!!!! i hope to be hunting as well as long as possible. good luck.

Gordie

Congrats on the great bird Harry and what a great reunion you got to have Don

BTW congrats on your bird as well.

efgh

Congrats on the great bird Harry and what a great reunion you got to have Don

BTW congrats on your bird as well.

I like to remember the good times, Don. this is one you will remember.

IlliniWalli

big congrats, guys!!!!!

Shu

Way to go!

mrklean

Nice job way to get your dad a bird

Sifty

Way to go guys.

Sifty

pumper317

My 85 year old grandpa was out this year as well. Not as successful as your pops, but at least he is still getting out. Oh to be that lucky. Great picture and story. May he have more in his future and you be as lucky to be hunting on your 88th!

Thanks for sharing.

Cooter

Awesome!

Scott M

Great job to father and son!

Borch

Way to go!!!!!

What a greta way to spend the day!

Wallydog

Nice job DonBo and pops!!!!!

WD

Hoyt4

Congrats to you dad Don. Also same to you. Sounds like a great season.

Tinkhamtown

Congratulations, great bird, great memory, and a very beautiful picture! Dad’s smile says it all!

paceman

That is awesome! Looks like a family feast on turkey is in the cards...

Archerysniper

Congrats Don I'm so happy for you two to be able to still get out together the smile says it all. cool

bluehat28

Ya gotta love it way to go Don & Dad! smirk

Big Tom

Thanks for sharing Don. Very cool.

goblueM

Great that you got out with your dad! Loved the pics.

That's what hunting and fishing are all about, the memories made. Wish I had gotten my dad on a bird this spring, but hopefully have a few years left to get him one. I know it was pretty rough on him to be climbing Blue Ridge mountains during the pre-dawn darkness, hopefully I can get him out somewhere a little more hospitable to older folks in the coming years.

sticknstring

That's what it's all about! Congrats to you & the 'ol man!

HawgMan

Great Job! A Memory for sure smile