• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New ramp in St. Cloud

lucky

Has anyone used this ramp yet? Me and my son went and checked it out yesterday and i was wondering if it would be deep enough for a fiberglass boat? Plus is there a campsite across from it?

I bet you are talking about the access in the River Bluffs park? I wouldn't launch anything there except a canoe or jet boat wink unless you wana sink it. River is real shallow and rocky right in there, 2-4ft in most places and less in others eek.

Nice new ramp, parking for at least a dozen or more rigs and a small little picnic area. All this for just around 900k crazy.

About the camping area on the east side, I'm not sure it's still in use. It used to be the old canoe access but the DNR has since closed the road coming into that area off Co rd8. Might want to call C.O. Mike Martin to check on this, his office number is (320)-217-5830.

That kind of money for a landing in an area where very few boaters could use seems a little ridiculous.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Pic of the canoe-camp spot across and a view from down the trail a ways.

full-27930-19729-canoe.jpg

full-27930-19730-423a.jpg

which is sportsman island?

which is sportsman island?

It's right down by the golf course, it used to have a pavillion on it & a bridge to it which was closed down. I haven't been down there in years, so I don't what its like anymore. Based on the map, it is south of Sportsmans Island.

That must be the island N of the golf course? There's a street named that in that area.

Yep, Sportsmans is the island just north of the golf course.

The new park is about 1.5mi down river from there.

Btw, nice pic's and cool looking dog eyeguy2 grin

After looking at the map again, I think that it is the last island on the left that looks like it has a dirt patch on it north of the golf course.

I was really surprised to see the huge hill NE of the ramp.

There are some nice trails bcak in there. It's the far south side of River Bluffs bike trail and the far north side of River Bluffs park. That hill overlooks the Hardrives property, you can see a long way from up there wink.

Thats the one grin. Not dirt though, tall grass and cedar trees. You should know this Fischer wink

Haven't been over there in many, many years! I miss Hardrives too. I wonder if that huge Snapping Turtle is still in there?

Saw some skiiers on there last year.

Haven't been over there in many, many years! I miss Hardrives too. I wonder if that huge Snapping Turtle is still in there?

I got some first class, for your ears only info grin. I'm going to have to send you some pic's I recently took wink

sure, now we'll all wonder if you saw bigfoot!

I got some first class, for your ears only info grin. I'm going to have to send you some pic's I recently took wink

what was her name and how long was she laying out??

Eyeguy2, show up at the get together Sat in Elk River and I will fill you in too, never know it might be worth it winkgrin

They did a great job with this park and the boat landing. This is a great asset to the city of St.Cloud and the region. Money well spent in my opinion. I look forward to the added access and multiple years of use with good friends and family.

Thank you St.Cloud and Minnesota for the River Bluffs Regional Park and new boat access.