• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
davidbigreelz

can anyone id this body?

davidbigreelz

Hey was shore fishing yesterday and came across this. The head was cut off. The neck was about 24-26 in. wingspan at least 4.5 feet. black feet. lifted it to see the under side and it looked all white, but it had swamp mud/scum all over it. it was pulled up on shore and "spread eagle" goose.jpg

bobbymalone

looks like a swan to me. tough to idea what kind of swan with no head though.

maybe somebody lopped off the head to get a collar off. were the feet still connected?

davidbigreelz

yea, the feet were jet black and maybe a bit bigger than my hand(i got big hands). I though it may have been a trumpeter but without the head i wasnt sure, i reported it but i just kind of wanted an id for my own info.

surewood

Looks like a trumpeter to me.

Gordie

most likely a swan

Maxxed Out

With a body that size and a neck that long it has to be a swan.

davidbigreelz

the dnr tip guy on the phone at first was like, "oh it probably just flew into some power lines it happens all the time." but when i told him i was about i mile from the nearest line he wised up real quick and took my info down. Was up in the sherburne co wildlife refuge, he said he would pass it to the locals.