• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NHL playoffs

cbrooks

Here is a good pic I found. The leg is out a little but like I said, our legs are under our shoulders so what can you do about it. Clearing shoulder on shoulder contact, it was a little odd the way things came together but it still looks like a pretty clean hit.

impact.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• OnAFly

• cbrooks

• archerystud

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a clean hit. Brown was committing to the hit and went shoulder to shoulder (and not the head) and Phoenix player turned.

OK, that angle looks much better. Looks like he was leading with his shoulder into the Phoenix players shoulder while the Phoenix player turned.

The late hit just cost Phx the championship. Yes I said it, they could have beat LA and everyone else without the 25 game suspension and the junk hit that may cost a player his career. We are calling for an all out ban of Dustin Brown for the hit. I think the picture here says it all. a>

I sure enjoyed that view the dozen or so times they showed it during the game. wink

No wonder they lost, Tippett was clearly distracted. LA must have sent in an under cover fan to keep him occupied.

So who wins it all? I'm going with New Jersey in 7.

I think LA looked a little more beatable in those last 2 games with Phoenix. Now if LA starts looking like they did early in the playoffs I think they win it. I was pulling for LA but Lou says that the Wild has a better chance of landing Parise if NJ wins the cup.

With that.....GO DEVILS!!!!

Yup kind of leaning devils myself, I still figure it's a long shot we land parise but what the heck.

You guys are Devils fan for selfish reason. I hope the Devils win it. smile

I only saw the first and from about 10 mins left in the third and OT. LA looked to be controlling the play pretty good while I was watching.

You guys are Devils fan for selfish reason. I hope the Devils win it. smile

You know it!

NJ was hanging on for dear life in the second half of the third. OT was fairly even. I want NJ to win for selfish reasons, but I do like seeing #8 seeds win it, so I'm torn.

Really, I don't think we're getting Parise. We need to be better before we can start really getting into those top end FAs.

LA is 14-2 in the playoffs, that is a little insane right there. Not sure I can find a way NJ comes back in this one.

15-2 now. Quick is just in a league by himself right now. They need to make the net bigger on one end so NJ can score.

Glad LA scored 3 more after the first one. I really thought Brodeur had that first one covered long enough. Turns out to be a moot point since NJ can't beat Quick.

It's about time to talk about the FA and then hope there is a next season.

Our slim chance of getting Parise this offseason is getting slimmer by the game.

Our slim chance of getting Parise this offseason is getting slimmer by the game.

I know, its what we're all thinking. Once they made it to the Cup finals though, I think we were screwed either way. Come this close and lose and he will want to try again. Win it all and they would do everything they could to keep him.

Couple of articles I've read said there was 0% chance we'd get him if they win the Cup. But the only guy who really knows is #9.

Whats the difference, we get Parise and its like having 2 Kiouvu's. I just dont see it with Parise, Not worth the money. Hes not a super star.

LA has proven that you can buy the cup...they have been in a league of their own all play offs.

I'm with sscsavre on this one. I think he's a very good player that will be commanding GREAT player money on the open market.

Kind of the same way I feel about Suter. I think he's good but life will get a lot harder when he's not paired with Weber.

]Whats the difference, we get Parise and its like having 2 Kiouvu's. I just dont see it with Parise, Not worth the money. Hes not a super star.

LA has proven that you can buy the cup...they have been in a league of their own all play offs.

If I had to pick one of the two I would take Suter every time, we need a stud D in a bad bad way. With that said I would still love to have Parise on our roster as long as its not some crazy number. He just scored 31 goals and 69 points after a major knee injury, before that he put up 82 and 94, that is star material to me. He likely never breaks 90 again but I could see him up near 80 for several more seasons. He has also scored at least 31 goals in the past 5 years he was not injured, only 4 guys broke the 40 goal mark this year so those 30 goal scorers are worth their weight in gold these days. Sad but true.

Our top scoring guy, Heatley, ranked #81 in the NHL in pts. Put Parise on the line with Koivu and Heatley and you'd have something. I'll TAKE him.

I think Parise returns to a 75+ point guy too.

NJ guts out a 3-1 with an ENer at the end. I missed the first two perios so I am not really sure who was playing better. Next game should be fun, LA is 10-0 on the road this post season. That might be a record that is never broken, especially if they win in NJ.

I'm actually happy the Devils won last night. I was out fishing, so I didn't get to see it.

I have to be honest, I only tuned in on time to see if the cup was coming out. I was lucky enough to catch all 4 goals and go to bed early. Win win!

My plan backfired tonight, tuned in late to see the Kings up 4-0 and 21 minutes away from the cup.