• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"ThunderStruck" - Official Site for Team #5

DonBo

Like they say: "If ya ain't having fun, ya ain't doin' it right". grin

Now, let's get down to takin' some big toms down!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DonBo

• Bowfin

• Archerysniper

• CFD200

Top Posters In This Topic

Just snagged another metro property last night. 20 acres not far from one of my favorite spots already secured. Think I'll be able to deer hunt here as well. It's one of those "Will you please come kill my turkeys?" spots.

Hopefully I'll be able to check it out a bit better this weekend.

18 days and counting.... smile

It is very nice of you to be an eradicator.

Always happy to help. grin

Sat the new 80 acre spot north of Stillwater this morning. Wow, big flock! Heard at LEAST 6 or 8 toms. Watched a bunch fly onto the neighbors property, but many stayed on my side. I'm guessing there were somewhere between 15 and 20 birds in this group. It's the first time I've ever spent any time looking/listening at this spot, and man am I pumped!

16 days. smile

Here's a couple photos from Saturday:

DSC03106.jpg

DSC03108.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm getting excited.

14 days. smile

Nice pics - Hopefully they will still be looking for hens come May. Seems like things are starting early this year.

I've notice in my first 2 years of hunting corn stubble (last years corn)are what they key in on over fallow, bean or other crop fields. Has anyone else found that to be true?

I think you're right, corn stubble has always been an early season draw. I doubt if there will be much left in the next couple weeks as most is getting plowed under right about now. With everything greening so early, I expect a switch to clover and winter wheat soon.

Many of the birds I heard Saturday spent a lot of time in the pine plantation. I suspect they were feeding on pine nuts. I've seen them do this before, this time of year.

How about the rest of you guys? Anyone been out scouting, or looking around? Seeing anything in your area to get excited about? For most of us, only 13 days left. smile

I've been out scouting... Trying to find DonBo's spot... wink

Yeah, ummm, good luck with that. grin Actually, your Dad knows......knows no one else has a shot at hunting it. Sorry.... cry

Actually, your Dad knows......knows no one else has a shot at hunting it. Sorry.... cry

He mentioned it. whistle

great pics don, i saw some birds strutting out in Cali last week almost got in an accident on the freeway cause i kept looking at them instead of the road.

More good news. Dad talked to two of the landowners yesterday. One said he's been seeing a big flock in his pasture pretty regularly. The other said there was 4 toms strutting in her yard most of the day on Sunday. Gotta love those reports.

12 days. smile

HSO Forum Member

Turkey Contest 2012

Complete this form with your turkey’s measurements. Include photos of your turkey’s spurs and beard with a ruler or tape measure. Include in one of the photos your turkeys filled out tag or slip of paper with the date of the harvest. The turkey’s weight must be witnessed and signed by you and the witness below on this form.

Forum Member:____________________ Date:_____________

Team Name: _________________________________

Youth Hunter(17 or younger):Yes _______ No ________

Turkey Subspecies: _____________________

State/Province Bird was Harvested In: ____________________

Turkey’s Stats

Beard Length ____________inches

Spur Length ® _________inches (L)_________inches

Weight ___________ pounds

The certify that the measurements listed above are accurate to the best of my ability.

Forum Member: ________________________ Date:_________

Witness:____________________________ Date: ________

Team mates: Please print out the form above and carry it with you on your hunt. Be sure to notice the photos needed to complete your registration.

Also, how about a little chatter from all of you so we know you're still alive and well and ready to win this thing!!!! Anybody been out scouting, listening, shooting, buying new toys for your hunt? Let's hear all about it.

10 days. smile

Still kicken here, I did buy a new toy too. Picked up an Avian X hen decoy on monday, can't wait to try it out. 15 days

Unfortunately I will be out of town working until I leave for hunting a week from sunday. The dog flushed 3 in the back yard yesturday. I saw a bunch on fields between mpls and Beloit. No time to scout but I know they will be there on the 23rd.

Still kicken here, I did buy a new toy too. Picked up an Avian X hen decoy on monday, can't wait to try it out. 15 days

I've been looking at some new decoys too. Think I'll be cashing in my Cabela's points this week. That Avian sure looks like a nice one.

nine days smile

Come on guys, fire up!!!! Our team site has slipped all the way to the bottom. There's four of us who start next week. Am I the only one who's excited?

5 more days smile

BTW, I did order the new bestturkeydecoy(dotcom) yesterday and it just showed today smile

P4180110.jpg

Sweet lookin' deke huh?

I have a few free mornings this week to get out and do some scouting...Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the birds will make some noise. Not too terribly worried yet with a couple of weeks to go. Good luck to you guys starting early.

Wow nice deek Don that one their I could see me waking up in the blind still blurry eyed and running a arrow through it by mistake. blush I have almost done it already with my really fake ones. shocked

AS, you sleep in your blind? shocked I've never.... grin That's gonna cost ya if you're not careful. wink

DrJ. Have you seen the videos, or heard how they're useing these things? Brooks Johnson sent me an email when I ordered it saying they've been useing these decoys by themselves with no hens with amazing success. Hopefully we'll be able to add to those stories huh?

Donbo, I've looked at all the vidoes on there website. They have some pretty interesting ideas about there behavior. Check out Bestturkeydecoy site and everyone should enjoy there info and vidoes. Good Luck DrJ....