• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"ThunderStruck" - Official Site for Team #5

DonBo

HSO Team #5 "ThunderStruck"

DonBo.............Present. MN, 4/23 - 4/27. WS, 5/2 - 5/9

Bowfin............Present. MN, 5/8 - 5/12

2044mustang....Present. MN, 4/28 - 5/2

eric29..............Present. MN, 4/23 - 4/27

CFD200.............Present. MN, 4/23 - 4/27

duckhuntr21......Present. MN, 5/8 - 5/12

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DonBo

• Bowfin

• Archerysniper

• CFD200

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys, this is it! The official site of the 2012 HSO Turkey Contest winning team #5! grin

Let's hear it. Where ya all hunting and when. I'll edit the first post and add your info when we hear from you. This will be a great way to keep track of each other and when we're all hunting.

I'll be hunting a great new property just north of Stillwater in zone 510 during the second, or "B" season. This hunt will be the first time I've got to hunt with my 89 year old father in probably over 20 years. He's shot several turkeys in recent years, but this will be his first time ever hunting Minnesota.

This hunt will be close to home, and I'll probably only get to hunt a few hours before work each morning.

I'll also be spending 5 days in Wisconsin's zone 4 in early May. This is a great hunt in the area South of Baldwin, east of Ellsworth. I'll have two tags in my pocket for this hunt. We've done really well here over the years with several 25+ pounders taken. Sadly, none of those pigs has gone home with my tag on them, but the odds are swinging in my favor. smile

Ill be hunting the "B" season also. I will be hunting a few different propeties around the Owatonna area. These are the same areas ive hunted for years and have taken some big ones including this tournaments winner a few years ago.

MN, B season also. Hunting south of Redwing. I will be taking the bow and the gun. I need to do my part for the team so I will be ready for every possibility. I am counting down the days.

I didn't get drawn this year in the lottery so I will be hunting the "E" season with an over the counter tag in zone 508. I plan to start the season in northern Isanti County but may try a couple days in Carlton County depending on what I see. This is my 3rd year hunting. In each of my first 2 years I have called Tom's to within 30 yards but have yet to get a shot at one. Hopefully, this will be the year.

Welcome guys! Sounds like we've got a pretty solid team so far.

eric, past winner? Nice! Was that the winning team, or biggest bird of the year?

CFD, I will probably carry my bow in WS for the first few days too, especially if I fill my MN tag first. Have you had success with the bow before? I've taken several, but never an Eastern, maybe this year.

Bowfin, sounds like you're due, three times a charm! smile

We need a name, throw out some ideas when you think of them.

Tom Thumpers

Beard Busters

Thunder Struck

Feather Dusters

Spur Collectors

Hooks

I like Thunder Struck. More ideas:

The Six Fan-Addicts

The Turkey Smokers

Gobblestoppers

The Waddlers

High Density

The Snoodies

Death at Dawn

Shock and Awe

The Six shot hunters

The Dawn Strutters

Hey, I'm having fun already!

I have only shot a Jake with the bow. Since I usually only hunt 3 days I chicken out and bring the gun most days. My son will be returning home from Iraq and will tag along so I will bring both the gun and the bow. Bow if possible back up with the gun. He did not apply because he did not think he would be back in time. I think if he carries the blind it would not be considered assisting?

Since I have to force myself to stay put I am fond of Everlasting Gobblestoppers?

There is NO shame in taking a jake with the bow, that's something very few have even attempted.

That's awesome your son is coming home and gets to join you.

My 14 year old saw a tom fly up in the tree about 100 yards from the house last night. I was out this morning and he was gobbling back at the call. I did not know that they actually strut in the tree. I think my neighbor thought I was nuts. I had to go to work so I could not wait for him to fly down.

Have seen them strut in trees many times. Pretty cool you got 'em that close to the house.

Still two no-shows. frown Hope they check in soon.

In the meantime, we need a name. Anyone have a favorite?

Thunder Struck?

Feather Dusters?

Gobble Stoppers?

Sorry for the delay...

I am buying an over the counter tag and will be hunting season E in zone 507. Thunderstruck sounds a little bit sweet to me.

Welcome duckhuntr! Glad to have anyone on board with an avitar like yours. smile

You other guys good with Thunderstruck?

Sorry for the delay guys. I've had a few crazy weeks at work and haven't been on in a while. I'm hunting the MN C season. I'll be hunting near Rushford MN, on a property I shot the largest bird winner on two years ago for this turkey contest. I was out on the property the past weekend, so some turkey sign but no turkeys. I'm hoping that it was because it was late morning before I arrived and not that there are few turkeys. Good luck to all my teamates, hopefully we are all successful!

Welcome Mustang! Another great avitar. Looks like we've got a solid team, two past winners? Sweet! Good luck you guys, keep up the banter in here to keep us all psyched for the seasons to open!

Looks like we've got a solid team, two past winners?

Yeah from back when they where on my team shocked

You are correct sniper, I was on your team two years ago. time for us to get the title on our own this year. Good luck to you and your team.

Okay Mustang, that's enough fraternizing with Archerysniper. grin He like to live in the past. blush

We need a name guys, ThunderStruck good with everyone?

Anyone been out scouting? What are you seeinf out there? It's really greened up early this year, thinking we should be seeing them in the new green fields.

How about "Jakes R Us"?

Don I love this one BTW the only turkeys you'll see are the ones we put on the board laugh

I know NO soup for Me grin

SEE YA

Okay, the glove's been dropped! grin You guys are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny. NOT! Walli living in the past with one Illinois freak that may have stumbled into his lap - What have you done for us lately Wally???? shocked

And Gordie....too easy. Have you EVER shot a bird??? Ummm, yeah right. tired

Watch and learn boys, watch and learn. smirk

NO SOUP FOR YOU. NEXT!

Hey Don I didn't see the golden plump award on your signature from the bearded hen you dropped last fall. Make sure you bring a lot of shells if I remember right your gonna need them shockedlaugh

Wow! Got sum trash talkers on our site. Good sign that they are nervous about our team.

Let's go with ThunderStruck!

Wow! Got sum trash talkers on our site. Good sign that they are nervous about our team.

You got it Bowfin. These guys know a winner when they see one, and they are seeing us BIG TIME! But, as much as I hate to say it, I've been a pretty easy target. blush AS is right, I DO miss a lot. They just don't know that's my way of catch and release while waiting for that big one. smilecool

Let's go with ThunderStruck!

bowfin First year I entered this contest my team was call TTT Turkey Trash Talkers I guess its still kinda stuck with me grin Don knows its all in fun ... We know He is the master when it comes to turkey hunting