• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NCAA Tourney Time!

solbes

Can you just imagine how Sioux fans would fawning all over Rau had he chosen the Sioux instead of the Gophers. Even Trupp was a god up there, very similar to Rau just not as good. grin

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• cbrooks

• solbes

• scsavre

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you just imagine how Sioux fans would fawning all over Rau had he chosen the Sioux instead of the Gophers. Even Trupp was a god up there, very similar to Rau just not as good. grin

I can't remember the last UND player that was called for "embellishment." There's been plenty of Gophs, though.

Lovin it and we still have 48 hours+ to go grin

Heading west. Big influence on where the goose spread gets set tonite revolves around 3g signal to follow this.

Rau would drive me nuts, just like Kristo does and Stafford and Wheeler used to. To see a guy flooded with talent skating around at 80% diving all over the ice when he should be skating circles around immobile d-men and scoring goals just irritates me. The world doesn't need another Jarko Rutuu especially since Rau actually has skills and those skills alone will draw plenty of penalties. I just want to see those guys play 100% every shift.

I kinda like this better. The weekend after Wheeler's goal, UND ends your season, again:

Yep then you guys got smoked in Frozen Four by BC. You guys have a habit of losing to those sissy eastern schools.

Quote:
The coaching staff at UND may just the best staff in college hockey.

You can't be serious? Far from it my friend, to think this will be, heck I don't even know how long its been now since the SELF Proclaimed best program in college hockey hasn't won a National title with the BEST players College hockey has to offer year in and year out.

That's brutally bad coaching...IMO.. so we agree to disagree I guess!

This thread is going great, now all we need is a special appearance by Buzzaw and Steve Foss!

Sioux UMMMMM Suck! .. smile

What are the rules on the AVATAR bet. Does it have to be head to head Gophs/Sue or is it who-ever advances farther?

I own U Bryce!.. cool

Whoever wins the region, so if either team loses in the first round the other team can still win the bet by advancing. If we both suck and lose then we are off teh hook.

All this confidence out of the rodent faithful. Did I miss that they are once again allowed to bring their in-house official Shepherd?

U got nothing... Pierre grin

What's not to be happy about, we drew the weakest #1 seed in the history of the 16 team tournament.

College Hockey News link showing 8 "experts" opinions on NCAA region winners. Six out of the eight picked BC and UND to win their regions. Michigan and Miami were the other 2 picks, nothing surprising there.

CHN Region Winner Round Up

I want to see region wins out of Minnesota and Minnesota Duluth. No one wants to see Boston College beat North Dakota again in the F4. smile

Well the two guys who picked UM and UMD to win their regionls seem intelligent. They must have found the rest of them in a dumpster behind the BC arena.

Sure hope Barry Melrose isn't one of those "experts".

Have at it for awhile guys. I have decoys to set. Still snows on sodak at least as far south as hiway 12.

Good shooting Bryce. See you got a jump on your avatar there.

Enjoying the Gopher/Sioux banter BTW. Keep it up boys.

On a side note. Have you ever read the comments below articles on USCHO? I'd just like to compliment eveyone for keeping it almost civil here. There is a lot of passion for this sport. And we can all agree that Melrose is a fool. Must be getting his college intel from Garth Snow.

I do go to USCHO from time to time. Ususally skip reading the reader comments. I do occasionally peruse the Fan Forum. Seems like it would have some promise with college hockey fans from everywhere. Unfortunately there is no moderation whatsoever, so you end up with 8 pages of garbage in a 10 page thread. Never felt the impulse to join.

Well if Sheppard is reffing the gophers have no chance. However if the refs call all penalties like they should and not stop because 1 team is taking all the penalties the sue have no chance. You need to remember that Sheppard like his old man does not like the gophers because he doesn't want to be called a homer. That is a fact.

I would love to see the gophers send the UND canadians home on Sunday and let them start thier golf season.

And if by chance Sheppy makes a few extra calls for the gophers I will take them. If you are a true fan of the game and honest with your opinion the sue get away with for more non calls then any other team in the WCHA.

Pier, I'm sticking by it. Where were the Sioux the first half of the year? And now... Whenever Lucia has that issue they flop throughout the year (see previous couple years). Too say there is more talent at UND vs. the rodents or a few other programs year in and out is crazy. No Dak is there at the end every year. The gophers have a better team this year and quite possibly the best in the country but, will fall short again. Rich boys tend to be weak when the going gets rough. Just look at little rau last week flopping all over the ice in the 3rd. Maybe Lucia says to do it??? I mean his boy was a hacker and mr. crappie flop when a penalty was needed.

Don't worry, we'll get east coast refs and the Gophers will all of a sudden be hitting too hard. And no WCHA team will have a chance.

BC is going down in the Frozen Four this year at the hands of UND. Well, maybe not... Does the NCAA really want the Sioux to win? The refs will be the tale of the tape. Second, to all of you who say No Dak gets away with more penalties than anyone in the WCHA, come on now! They just make the bodies fly farther cause they can hit harder than anyone else. If you haven't noticed they actually are being very soft lately on the boards. I bet they were told by the coaches that you need to take it easy, the NCAA is looking to scalp us!

I noticed the Siuox were a little tentative in the first period on Friday. It could be that the bench is short enough already both UND and DU only dressed 17 skaters and 3 goalies on Sat.

As far as Sioux penalties go I would say the team of Shepard and Adams are quite possible the worst. Last weekend Adams called a crosscheck, that was down by the goal with Shepard standing 10 feet from the hit, while he was 150 feet away near the far blue line. Not his call but he made it anyway. Hopefully papa shep will stay with the WCHA or join the big no where near ten.

This thread is going great, now all we need is a special appearance by Buzzaw and Steve Foss!

I have Steve Foss on facebook. i mention to him earlier in the week about visiting this forum. He said he's pretty much done with HSO.

I have heard a few people mention that Sheperd helps the Gophs. That couldnt be further from the truth. He is absolutely terrible for the gophs. For gosh sake they banded him from reffing us for a year. His brother and dad are terrible too. So was Champion and so is Adam.

The sioux are the biggest hacks and whiners in the league. There were physical for a few years, prior to that they were a bunch of hacks with no punch. Now they are just boring, even the gophs are more physical then them.

Im not sure about the rich kid comment, why would the Gophs be wealthier than any other team?

And diving, watch Kristo....The sioux need to get over their little man syndrome. Its not the end of the world because your Div 2.

Side note, we might have to meet up for a drink.

Im still undecided on going. I really like being able to rewind etc from my couch. The beer is cheaper too.