• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NCAA Tourney Time!

solbes

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• cbrooks

• solbes

• scsavre

Top Posters In This Topic

Can they give Gary Thorne a pronunciation card for crying out loud. He is hamburgering most of the names.

I thought it was Lucia not Lusia....

Sucks for sure. Maybe all of these WCHA teams (U of M, UMD, UND, Wisconsin)need a lifeline to Scottie Owens. They completely dismantled BC last year in the tourney. And are the only ones I can remember to do so.

Well it's epic comeback time, not sure if the gopher have that in their bag of tricks but we will find out, that last goal really hurt. They are playing good hockey, I just can't explain it they pepper the net and then BC comes down and scores. I dont' even know what the shots are but we have to be out shooting them and getting more scoring chances.

4 goals on 15 shots, ouch. Can't even say Patterson has been bad, just one of those games.

How does a rodent choker fan explain this? Something along the lines of someone took a "dump" on the the ice? We're talking a DQ masterpiece.

Barely got BC to break a sweat.

Signature cleansed.

Signature cleansed.

Ummm sig is still in play until the new champ is crowned, two more days.

Losses happen, it sucks, just be glad we took the punishment this year. UND would have lost by double digits.

Put BC on the list and get them another year, you won't beat us forever. Michigan owned us for a time but we managed to knock them out of the FF on the way to 2 NC's. Same for BC, we will get you next time.

Gophs on the upswing, it was a great year, future looks bright.

That was so frustrating to watch. Gary Thorne is absolutely awful. Come into the game and don't even know how to pronounce the head coach's name...what a joke. You woulda thought the gophs were playing team USA the way he was praising BC.

Go Ferris State! BC is a load of garbage! That whole team should be drafted by the Devils so they can continue their lame a$$ hockey skills. I hope Ferris State just rapes Milner.

I miss most of the game driving back from Bismarck yesterday. This is one of BC best teams. No shame in losing too those guys. Gophers have a young team and they will only be better next year even without Bjustad. Hopefully ferris St pulls a upset on sat. Go Ferris

Overall a great season, with a dissapointing finish. I think the gophs played pretty well until they just knew they cound't beat the goalie. Plus giving up like 4 goals on 14 shots won't win many games. Should be a good future.

That is a very good BC team I just don't like the neutral zone trap they do. I didn't even watch the third. BC capitalized on their chances and Gophers did not.

I may have to root for BC in the title game. Seems like this playoff season the team I am pulling for is usually losing!!!

Congrats Gopher fans for your team's success this year. Very solid season.

For the first time ever, could all of us be hoping the same team wins the next game? Let's go Ferris State University Bulldogs!

Well I counted Ferris state out from the first game against Denver, maybe they can pull off a major upset. Air Force hung with BC by trapping so there is hope, I just don't know if they can score on BC.

I hate BC but I got a lot of respect for there program. i can't even remember there last team that wasn't a contender. They put out good teams year in and year out. there last year team was one of the top 3 teams easily. There only player they lost from that year was that Cam ankinson(last years Hobey winner I think) and Brian Gibbons.

No I wasn't in Florida thank goodness. Arch and I have a friend "gopher fan" that lives in Tampa now.

We need a miracle for Ferris to beat these guys ...how in the world do you even score on them. It's tough enough to beat there D and then when you do the goalie just stymies everything you throw at him!

Lets face the facts here BC is the premier college hockey program in the country by a long shot. Gophers 2 and everybody is playing for 3rd ... smile

I respect BC too, as they've ended my favorite squad's season a few times.

Ferris will have to play the same way Michigan did against UND last year to come even close.

Any thoughts on the ice.....looked pretty bouncy out there.

lets keep the ff out of the south.

A few good bounces and the Gophs could have had a lead after 1.

It was a weird game, It seemed like they scored on every chance they had. the gophs either shot over the net or shot it right into the goalie.

The 2 factors we needed to win didnt happen, Pattersen was less then terrific and Bjugstedt was not even average.

Im still waiting to see what all is wrong with him. Sounds like he is really banged up, if thats the case he is not physically ready for the NHL next year.

Go ferris state and your weird looking cross eyed bulldog mascot.

Kinda reminds me of the UND semifinal last year when everything was either wide or in Hunwick's gut. And the ice looked like garbage last night. Tough loss. Gophers didn't look too bad but BC got all the bounces it needed and then some. Gotta admit though that was a beautiful slash and uppercut by Matson.

I did enjoy that spazz by Matson, didnt really looked provoked, beside loosing on the scoreboard as a senior I guess.

The good news is BC can't dominate forever right? RIGHT?

You mean like they have the last 15 years?