• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NCAA Tourney Time!

solbes

The 2 biggest flops of the tourney were by the Sioux early in the 3rd period, both resulted in power plays. Kristos was ridiculous and should could have easily been an embellishment plenty.

I didn't think we should be shocked that Gophers totally dominated the Sioux, they have pretty much destroyed the Sioux top to bottom in 7 of the last 9 periods. Obviously we are a much better team and are way better coached then the Sioux this year.

I tried .. smile

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• cbrooks

• solbes

• scsavre

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think BC is ready to lose, they just don't know it yet and that might be a good thing. Looking back at the Final Five you could almost say the azz whooping the Sioux gave us in the 3rd period was a good thing. Now I'm not going to say we are going to beat BC but I like our team right now and I like our chances.

Im calling a victory over BC for the gophs.

Ive been looking at the rosters, actually on the scoring side we are very similar.

gophs 4 -2 or 4 - 3 in OT.

Its all going to come down to preparation and individual efforts.

Haula is on fire, and Bjugstedt is due. If we get a few more out of our 3rd liners I think we take em in that math up.

Haula 20g 48ps vs Krieder 23g 44p - Winner Haula- hes on fire

Rau 18g 43ps vs Gaudreau 20g 42p - Winner Rau, because of the Rau factor

Bjugstedt 25g 42p vs Almeida - Winner Bjugstedt

Schmidt 3g 41p vs Dumolin 7g 20p - Winner is schmidt, hes nasty

Patterson 2.2GAA Miner 1.7 GAA Winner is Miner

Hansen 15g 37p vs Mullane 10g 37p - Winner Hansen, hes always working

Secondary scoring - Winner looks like BC might have more

Upperclassmen - Winner BC 14 vs 7

Power Play - Winner Gophers 23.5%

Coaching - Draw - Lucia and Guentzel have picked it up.

There you have it.

I was paroozing uscho, looks like BC has killed 39 of their last 40 opponent power plays. That is a little crazy to think about.

I also have to say it feels great to be back, this frozen four tastes so much sweter after our recent funk. Win/lose or whatever it should be a heck of a game.

Bear, snap out of it. We are hear to win. This getting there is good enough is dump. This looks like the easiest frozen 4 ive seen in year. s

I hope Lucis is sending that message, everything I hear is this we are just glad to get there.

Play to win.

At the game yesterday Bjugstad had a couple of good chance when we were up 3-1 4-1. I told the guys behind us that were going nuts not to worry he is saving them for when we need em. Thats my call. He will be big on the 5th and 7th!!

Hows this for a sig?

I bleed Minnesota Golden Gopher maroon and gold, the team that dismantled the #1 seed UND with ease. Go GOPHERS!!!

You guys are getting carried away. I'm putting plain jane signature.Not puting anything Knocking UND, nice try though. How long is it for so I can get this over with.

I'm gonna come up with a sig and you guys are just gonna have to live with it. Jeezus chr!st...I can't believe I lost another bet mad.

]Bear, snap out of it. We are hear to win. This getting there is good enough is dump. This looks like the easiest frozen 4 ive seen in year. s

I hope Lucis is sending that message, everything I hear is this we are just glad to get there.

Play to win.

Hey no doubt we are there to win and I think we have a great shot at it. The boys on the ice decide the games, I am just along for the ride and I am happy to be there again as a fan. We are oh so close, yet oh so far away, just look at the Sioux, how many frozen fours without a title in recent years? 75% of all frozen four teams walk away with a story. If it was easy we would have a dozen titles by now.

You guys are getting carried away. I'm putting plain jane signature.Not puting anything Knocking UND, nice try though. How long is it for so I can get this over with.

I'm gonna come up with a sig and you guys are just gonna have to live with it. Jeezus chr!st...I can't believe I lost another bet mad.

Come on cbrooks, take it like a man and post one of the sigs, it's only until the new champion is crowned so not even two weeks. They aren't that bad anyway.

Its a Gopher signature. I don't recall any specifics on the bet. I'm a man of my word. smile

Well do we have any Gopher and Sioux gamblers among us?

THE BET

Avatars of course! If the Gophers win the regional Sioux fans have to post a Gopher avatar of our choice until the NCAA champion is crowned. Same goes for Gopher fan if the Sioux win the regional, you can pick our avatars. If tragic events should occur and neither team makes it out of the regional we can just go on with life as usual.

Just post IN is you are in, or CHICKEN if you are too scared.

Here's the bet brooks, we switched from avatars to sigs but you can clearly see it is our choice. Where is shorelunch and bryce? Post em up boys.

Either one of these will do.

"I am a closet Gopher Hockey fan, I LOVE THE GOPHERS

NCAA National Champions 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003"

"I bleed Minnesota Golden Gopher maroon and gold, the team that dismantled the #1 seed UND with ease. Go GOPHERS!!!"

I'm with Scarve I think we can win.... I see Rau or another speedster blowing by those gigantic BC defensemen and scoring late in the game to tie it. Bug's gets the game winner in OT and the Gophers WIN IT~

Go Gophers! coolwink

Thank you Shorelunch for being the first to man up! See brooks & bryce it's not that hard.

Hopefully this 2 week layoff gives that BC goalie a chance to cool down, good lord did he look good and their D is strong and they can score.. Thank God we don't have to play them right now because they would run over MN like they did UMD, in 2 weeks, I think it will be like the Superbowl where both teams have to get in their groove..

Looks like cbrooks is the last hold out, don't welch on the bet brooks. It was a rilvary game, losing isn't suppose to be fun or easy. Show us some of that UND "character".

So Brooks and Bryce, you guys are cheering for the Gophs? I about equally dislike both programs and I'd have to honestly say I'm cheering for both to lose grin but that most likely won't happen.

"Experts" can talk all they want about Ferris and Union each winning their conferences, but I guarantee, the winner of the MN/BC game takes home the trophy.

How bout I use 'Go Gophers beat the Golden Eagles"?

That's a big negative, just post what shorelunch and bryce had no problem doing. It's a very simple task.

I don't blame you shorelunch, I have trouble cheering on the Sioux too. As much as I hate Michigan I wanted them to win and lose the next night last year, thankfully that worked out as planned. I sometimes do the cheer for your conference stuff but it seems if it comes to UND or WI I just can't do it.

I'm not going to buy the winner of BC MN is the champ stuff, they might be the favorite but if the first round games are no sure thing there is no way the chapionship game will be, I don't care who you are playing.

Pretty much in a box for the first game. Will never pull for the rodents and BC program doesn't bring a whole lot more to the table. Lots of overtimes so too tired to play well in the championship game. I like saying Ferris State so there's my call.