• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Twins Bats Are Coming Around.

DonBo

Scored 6 runs each of the last two games. Unfortunatly, we gave up SEVENTEEN runs today. shocked

Hey Don I'll ask the big question............Their bats are coming around..............but................are they making good contact with the ball ? smile This would be a weird stat but if we scored 6 runs per game last season how many wins would that have amounted to ?

This is for Musky Buck. I didn't know how to count ties, so I just called them no decisions. But this is what I came up with. Sorry, I broke the season up into 50 game stretches because that's how the site I got the info from did it. It was just easier that way.

All the info I got was from this page: http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/MIN/2011-schedule-scores.shtml

Team totals if they scored 6 runs per game:

First 50 games:

Wins: 32

Losses: 15

No decision: 3

Second 50 games:

Wins: 37

Losses: 8

No decision: 5

Third 50 games:

Wins: 26

Losses: 18

No decision: 6

Last 12 games:

Wins: 6

Losses: 3

No decision: 3

Totals through 162 games:

Wins: 101

Losses: 44

No decision: 17

If I had known I wouldn't get any responses at all, I wouldn't have bothered to look that up. Whatever.

Sorry here's the response 100+ wins sounds good to me ! smile Hey with Nishi swimming back to triple AAA how many wins will that cost us ? 17 Million is the cost dollar wise, jk on the wins, I think Nishi better line up a pad at New Britain AA. 72 wins I predict.

• 2 weeks later...

So far today, Morneau is 3 for 3 with a dinger and 3 RBIs. That's 3 very good outings in a row from him. Encouraging, for sure.

Hughes continues to impress...another HR today and 3 more RBIs. .383 BA as of right now. Of course, he was a monster in the spring last year, too, but hopefully some of that translates to the regular season. I have to think he makes the club out of spring training?

How about Ploufe in the AA game? Three HR's and a double! smile

We're comin', we're comin'.

My dream lineup for opening day (players currently on roster of course)

Span CF

Carroll SS

Mauer C

Morneau DH

Willingham LF

Parmalee 1st

Hughes 2nd

Valencia 3rd

Plouffe RF

Maybe switch around the bottom few guys, but I think that is pretty dam good. We lose some speed at the bottom of the order with Casilla on the bench, but I think hughes can have a huge year offensivly if he stays healthy and can play daily.

I think we are going to score some runs this year, the problem is so is everyone else against our shotty pitching. Either way I can't wait!!

It is pretty good until you stack it up against the other teams. jk, that is about what it is, don't forget we got Nishi in the minors for a call up.

I hear ya...lots of question marks in that lineup. Just nice to see that amount of players with some pop in thier bat. I am your typical homer, just getting myself excited over a nice spring training with some good offense. I am sure I will be singing a different tune by June 1st frown

• 2 weeks later...

start singing luckydog25, june 1st feels many losses away. Look at our April schedule and you be singing a month earlier. Getting a bit tough on the fan when all 4 of our major sport teams are realistically below average. Maybe tonight they explode, maybe we just aren't getting our pitch to hit, if not it will only be the worst start in Twins history, records are meant to be broken smile.

Getting a bit tough on the fan when all 4 of our major sport teams are realistically below average.

The Twins are a train wreck, and the Vikings have tons of holes to fill. The T-Wolves are clearly on the rise - as long as Rubio can rebound from his injury - and are realistically a 2-guard and a solid bench player away from being a playoff team. The Wild did very well in the last draft, and will get the #7 pick in the next draft, plus they have lots of cap room and (supposedly) an aggressive plan to bring in A-list free agents.

There's light at the end of the tunnel for the latter two teams, but a whole lotta tunnel left for the Twins and Vikes. Yikes.

I'll be there tonight. Trust me, I'll kick some a$$ and get 'em going! wink

See? grin You're welcome.

Willingham might be able to hit but after seeing 5 games he reminds me a lot of Delmon out in left field...

Dam DonBo! Move over Gardy, the DonBo express is kickin a$$ and ready to roll! Good job you did there, motivating the team with threats of personalized beatings, it worked!

Maybe they should put arbitrary caneing on the spring training schedule? " You there! How many times have you struck out? Five you say? Okay, off with the shoes...iiiiiiiiit's time!"

I whine about the Twins losing and stuff, coaching changes, players, trades, etc. but it's exciting when the bats come around and the pitching is okay. To a ball fan, you never tire of hearing the sound of the bat on a home run ball.

That was a big win against a legitimate ace pitcher. Maybe the confidence boost we needed to ride the wave for a while. That's baseball...ebb and flow. Once everyone gets their bats going, our offense will score a lot of runs this year. Can the pitching hold up? That's the burning question...

Span, 4 for 5 already today, and Mauer and Willingham each have a homer... Twins come back from 6-0 to tie it up 6-6. 15 total hits so far.

What ? We're off the respirator ? Take that CBS sports and ranking us 30th dead last ! I have such backwards luck, so twins stink etc. there you go now we will win, just like washing the truck without rain in sight forever and you bet it rains.

Twins hit the ball well today.

I wonder how the Angels will contend as so many believe with the bull pen they have?

Donbo, were you at the game the other day? I swear I could have seen you on TV.

I thought it was gonna be another stinker and I went out to work on some equipment in the forth inning. Came back in a bit later and it is all tied up, Mauer at first, Morneau at the plate with 2 strikes I think? He had just took a cut at a chest high pitch...I walked outside to help the guys and wife yells out, "Morneau just hit a two run homer!" It went from 6 to 10 in a real hurry! It wound up being another hair raiser at the last, but the boys were victorious....exciting game!

Maybe he will be a little less scary with a few more games under his belt and he has time to settle in? From what I've seen and believe me, I haven't sat glued to the game, so there is a margin of error, it appears that alot of the balls that the opposing teams put the wood on, are grounders? Not a bad thing.