• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Saints paid players to hurt foes

KrabbyPatties

+1 I think someone watches a little too much espn news der. Try to broaden your field of view a bit instead of just listening to the "follow the leader" media James.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• flipper

• hawgchaser

+1 I think someone watches a little too much espn news der. Try to broaden your field of view a bit instead of just listening to the "follow the leader" media James.

Lol please flipper. Broaden MY fields?? I'm not referring to ESPN at all buddy. Go read some other websites or message boards based outside of MN and then you can get back to me. I just love how you seem to "know" all this good stuff flipper. What has your hidden sources told you today about goodell? Who is he going to pick on for no reason today? Obviously your inside source that has been watching me on my android is highly mistaken. I'm not watching ESPN in it while on lunchbreak.

Just keep proving you're naive. lol.

Naive? Pot....meet kettle. Or maybe you need to look up naive in the dictionary. Let's see. I look at multiple webpages and message boards dealing with fans from teams across the NFL. I read the same thing on these pages as I do on MN based pages. I relay that info on here that this sentiment is not exclusive to MN. And you claim that is naive? Lol. U are something lmit.....

Just as I said back when this started, much ado about nothing and a lot of feigned outrage by fans of a team who can't count to 11.

Still waiting for the league-wide outrage...

*yawn*

I'm sure it'll start any time now...

*yawn*

Just as I said back when this started, much ado about nothing and a lot of feigned outrage by fans of a team who can't count to 11.

Still waiting for the league-wide outrage...

*yawn*

I'm sure it'll start any time now...

*yawn*

Looks like your mom needs to get hooked on phonics for you.....

It's been very apparent over the years you only read what you want to read, and its never been more obvious than on this subject. Have fun playing lmits game boys. It's old on me.....

It's been very apparent over the years you only read what you want to read, and its never been more obvious than on this subject.

I'd love to read or watch something that shows there is league-wide outrage of this supposed dirty play but I just can't find anything, James.

Huh, go figure.

527483_3455022063881_1520710804_2983216_

Judging by your signature you like to get people going. Keep yawning, your argument is tired

That's what he does yiggin. Guaranteed he's found a website based out of New Orleans where he's trying to tell them the punishment wasn't severe enough and that the whole NFL despises the saints over this.....

I have to chuckle a little bit about the statement that I should look away from MN for my news. You should know by now that I despise the MN media. So much for that theory, James.

That's what he does yiggin. Guaranteed he's found a website based out of New Orleans where he's trying to tell them the punishment wasn't severe enough and that the whole NFL despises the saints over this.....

Granted, arguing a point with Lmit can be frustrating. Believe me, I have been on the other side of a discussion with him more times than not. But your contention that he is going to New Orlean websites and taking the other side is ridiculous. Grow up!

Flippin get a clue buddy. If you can't see that I'm using sarcasm to prove a point lol. I guess I should have pointed out the sarcasm and that I don't really think he's going to saints websites for people like you. Lmit and I have went round and round for like 10 years on the vikings and its all in good fun. I bleed purple and he likes getting guys like me going. Truth be told we've probably have a blast netting fish for each other. So don't lecture me and tell me to grow up......

Lmit I'm not talking media outlets. I'm talking forums/message boards based in other parts of the country where fans of other teams fans chat like we do here.....

Are there many current or previous NFL players that visit those boards who are expressing their outrage?

Didn't think so.

Just as there aren't any in the news either because they know this is not groundbreaking news.

I reread my post and yes I did say fans, not players or former players. You have been dragging on vikings fans for their reaction to this. I'm talking fans of other teams.....

Quote:

Are there many current or previous NFL players that visit those boards who are expressing their outrage?

Actually there are quite a number involved in the game who have voiced their disgust, but I'll play along with the logic. The assumption being that if those who are involved in the game and under the rules of the game don't identify the bounty system as a problem it must not be one.

Having spent a number of years teaching in corrections, I can say that (statistically) the inmate population universally believes the American judicial system is unfair. By your logic, it must indeed be unfair since those covered/affected by the laws/penalties view it as such.

Until the game of football belongs entirely to the players as far as rules/penalties/governance/viewing adience...the opinion of the players is the least relevant consideration in this issue.

If you can't see that I'm using sarcasm to prove a point lol. I guess I should have pointed out the sarcasm and that I don't really think he's going to saints websites for people like you.

What's the matter der James? can't you tell I was just being sarcastic?

It's all in fun.

Just read something on ESPN that there is talk about Bill Parcells taking over the Saints as an interim coach for next season.

Right now its mostly speculation but the report said Payton had talked to Parcells about the possibility.

I know the 1 yr suspension is meant to hurt Payton but I liked how it was also a punishment for the Saints since not having Payton would have hurt. If they bring in a hall of fame coach as a replacment it really reduces the impact on the saints.

Quote:
when are they going to decide on the players?

Good question!! Goodell hinted 2 weeks ago it would be soon. I think they are gauging the fan response to the management penalties. My prediction is that the player penalties will be surprisingly lenient in comparison. Player penalties may cost home field advantage but will not greatly jeopardize playoff potential. Just my prediction/opinion.

Maybe so. He put the most money down. His position in the players union and as an advocate for player safety & player support (ALS) could well cancel out some of his penalty. I'm betting on 2 game suspensions as the norm, but I don't base that on any inside information. If a player flagrantly put down money for a "cart-off", it could be more.

Just heard that Sean Payton approached Bill Parcells about serving as interim head coach during Payton's suspension.

His position in the players union and as an advocate for player safety & player support (ALS) could well cancel out some of his penalty.

I'm guessing that will make his punishment worse, if anything. He really ought to have known better, and I wouldn't be surprised if an example was made of Vilma like it was of Payton.

Quote:
I'm guessing that will make his punishment worse, if anything

The joke when I was a teacher was that all the poor teachers wanted to be union reps because administrators didn't want to appear retributive in disciplining a union rep. Not sure what the attitude is in the NFL.

I don't understand the Chris Kluwe talk about a lifetime ban for Vilma. Sure the guy should be punished but I don't think that any player's punishment should be worse than the coaches that condoned and encouraged the bounties. The coaches certainly knew better. Remember that even with "veterans" they are in their mid-20s. I was still doing dumb stuff at that age. I'm not defending these players, just stating that the coaches were in a position of more responsibility than these players, and therefore the players' punishments shouldn't exceed that of the coaches involved.

Kluwe hasn't been in the spotlight for awhile so he needed to say something so people would pay attention to his band

Yeah I'm guessing not a lifetime ban for Vilma. Top end I'd guess a year but even thats probably not going to happen. I'd probably be happy with a 6 game ban for any player found to have put up money for the bounty system that was designed to reward platers for hurting another player. To me it doesn't really matter who put up the most money, every single dollar contributed to the problem.

If there was any money put up to reward players for INTs or TD's or anything like that then I'd say maybe a 1 game suspension for that stuff since technically it is illegal but rewarding for that tpye of stuff doesn't bother me at all.

We'll see what sort of ban Greg Williams ends up with. Right now the ban in indefinite, could be a year or it could be forever. That has yet to be determined. I wouldn't be surprised if his is longer than a year since it sounds like he has a history of bringing the bounty system with him where ever he goes. I think he'll be lucky if he's able to ever coach again. Even after his ban is lifted he'll still need someone willing to offer him a job.

Great follow-up post nofishfisherman. I agree about the length of suspensions and spreading the blame equally. I'm also not as concerned about the incentives for good play versus those for inflicting pain and injury. However, if it's easier for the league to enforce a no-tolerance policy then I'm okay with it.

Williams will definitely be longer than a year, otherwise Goodell would have just suspended him for the year like Sean Peyton. I understand the indefinite ban when dealing with players with off-the-field problems like drugs, etc. It provides the commissioner time to reevaluate if they are ready to play again. In this situation, there is no reevaluation to do. It's just a tool to keep him in limbo as long as the commissioner wishes to do so.

Kluwe hasn't been in the spotlight for awhile so he needed to say something so people would pay attention to his band

Agree.

I expect his plant leg will get folded up like a cheap lawn chair during one of the numerous times the Vikings will be punting this coming season.