• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

DeJa Vu all over again...

Zmar

Worry-wart back again. Is the new snow going to be an issue? I'm talking last year, but don't want to say the "s" word. Coming up Wed.

We spent most of the day cleaning up roads but from what I saw cross country travel is still pretty easy. I saw a wheel house heading cross country with no problems.

Now a person needs to watch out for the old hard drifts and plated ice that are hidden. The tops of the old drifts are still showing and are a darker color. They are still rock hard and will send you on quite a trip if you hit them with any speed.

The plated ice is hidden in a lot of places. Buddy has gone airborne with his 1 ton plowtruck twice in the past 2 days. Yesterday he almost did a complete 360 IN THE AIR! eek When he landed he popped the beads on tires, sprung the frame and tore the body loose from the truck. He's still running but having a little trouble shifting as the body of the truck is pressed down on the tranny. The first time he ended up going about 100 feet on 2 wheels and the issue was in doubt whether the truck would settle back down on his tires or it's side. So keep your speed down.