• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Another NY v Boston championship

BuckSutherland

Ick. Where is the emoticon for puking. All the east coast losers will be happy. Now we get two weeks of "Brady going for redemption" "Eli better than Peyton?" I am going to be sick for a while.

I really think the refs are in on this carp. Couple really quick whistles when the Giants got stuffed, but nothing when the stood up 49er players. And Joe Buck needs to leave earth.

Yeah, I think fishing is in order instead of this coming Superbowl. Just do not want to see the Pats or Giants play. Not even going to watch for commercials.

There where some very bad calls made! Buck & Aikman have surpassed Madden & Micheals as the worst commentaters in history!

I like the way this is playing out. The Pats are my second favorite team and if they win it will be historic for Brady and Belechik.

And I despise Peyton Manning so the idea that his overshadowed baby brother would have 2 SB victories to his one with both coming over Peytons arch rival would be very satisfying.

Too bad the Packers had to Choke in the first game. At least they will have time for more discount double choke commercials to play in the SB.

I have no plans to watch the super bowl now, ill you tube the commercials, thats the best part of the super bowl now anyway.

Seems the best QB's win out kinda, Brady and Eli or it could've been Flacco and Smith. Eli should get more credit really, like 6 road playoff wins in his career, that says a lot and his receivers Manningham,Nicks,Cruz,Ballard you know who's chucking it to them ? Used to be Plaxico and Steve Smith, Eli is solid, once there D got it going they became lethal, reminds me of Pittsburgh and Big Ben's first title year, end of the year domination, not that they dominated SF. Will playing in a dome favor either team ? I'm with you, I won't be watching.

It should be a good game. Even though I am a Giants fan, I will have to give the edge to the Patriots. I hope I'm wrong though.

Simple1

It'll be a good game. It's the super bowl, how can you NOT watch it. You guys should switch to watching bowling, or figure skating with that kind of attitude grin

I love watching football. The super bowl is more than a game, it is an event that I will not miss. It should be a great game with two very good teams. Can't wait!

Yeah with a halftime show featuring MADONNA...that should rock your socks off too!

I am all for watching the Superbowl. But I am just not into it this year. I don't see anything wrong with people not wanting to watch it either. I have seen enough of the Patriots and could really care less about the Giants. To each their own I guess.

Im one "east coaster" who is not happy!

I could care less about the Pats, besides the fact that I cant stand Bilichek. Tired of seeing him look like a bum in those cut off sleeve hoodies! crazy

And I live in the land of Delusional Fans! Queen fans are close, real close but Giant fans are the most annoying monday mornin qb's ever.

And the final straw is Eli! He should have been sent back to mommy and daddy when he was drafted! Who cries about the being drafted by a team till they trade him? Eli did...

Who cries about the being drafted by a team till they trade him? Eli did...

Well.......

1983 NFL Draft

In the 1983 NFL Draft, Elway was selected as the first overall pick by the Baltimore Colts. Elway had, by then, played two summers of minor league baseball for the New York Yankees organization, and threatened to join the Yankees full-time unless the Colts traded him. He was wary of playing for the Colts, then among the worst teams in the league. He was also unwilling to play for their then-head coach, Frank Kush, who had a reputation as a harsh taskmaster. Eventually, Colts owner Robert Irsay gave in. The Colts traded him to the Denver Broncos for QB Mark Herrmann, rights to OL Chris Hinton and a first-round pick (OG Ron Solt) in the 1984 NFL Draft on May 2, 1983.

Add him to the long list of crybabies then... smile

Just not an Eli fan. He reminds me of the coaches kid in little league who stunk but whined till he got to pitch...

You right he dosnt stink...

But I work with people whos favorite saying is "ya cant spell Elite QB without Eli"

And the scary part is they believe it...

I would guess there are about 26 or 27 or 28 teams who would love to have him, as would their fans.....not the least being the local 11.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Just cause your stuck with Roethlisberger is no reason to get all jealous about Eli and crew going to the SB.

The thing you better watch out for is NE and the Gints passing up Pittsburgh for Superbowl rings. The Gints fans will never let you hear the end of it then. laugh

Especially if you took away the one the refs gifted the Steelers from Seattle cool

As a Giants fan I was glad we got Eli, but if it did not work out, the next QB on our list was Big Ben, so I wonder how that would have turned out. The Chargers were ready to make the trade but they wanted Osi from the Giants and the owner refused saying they won't trade young pass rushers. So they drafted Eli and put us over the barrel for a lot of picks. One of which they got Merriman with. In the end it worked out for both teams.

Simple1

I personally don't think of Eli as an Elite quarterback. I don't like his ah shucks attitude. But that has been talked about for years. Watching the NFC championship I was suprised of some of the sacks he was taking. He would stand back there for 4-5 seconds and then get sacked. I would think an elite quarterback would know whent to throw the ball away instead of getting sacked and knocked out of field goal range.

Just cause your stuck with Roethlisberger is no reason to get all jealous about Eli and crew going to the SB.

The thing you better watch out for is NE and the Gints passing up Pittsburgh for Superbowl rings. The Gints fans will never let you hear the end of it then. laugh

Especially if you took away the one the refs gifted the Steelers from Seattle cool

Alrighty then, I have nothing to say... besides... grin

full-1130-16862-viking_trophycase.jpg

I personally don't think of Eli as an Elite quarterback. I don't like his ah shucks attitude. But that has been talked about for years. Watching the NFC championship I was suprised of some of the sacks he was taking. He would stand back there for 4-5 seconds and then get sacked. I would think an elite quarterback would know whent to throw the ball away instead of getting sacked and knocked out of field goal range.

mobility is definitely not one of his qualities. in his defense those 4 - 5 second sacks you mention in a few instances were more like 2 - 3 seconds. niners had a good defensive rush going and he was getting hit quickly in many cases.

So when the Giants sacked Tom Brady 5 times in the 2007 Superbowl, Brady is not an elite quarterback? He was rattled for sure in that game. I don't know what else Manning can do. He as thrown for 4933 yards this season, set the NFL record for most touchdowns in the 4th quarter, and is going to his second Superbowl. He carried his team most of the season including coming from behind in the last second to beat the Patriots this year. Seriously, what is the criteria to be an elite quarterback?

Simple1

Eli has established himself as an elite qb THIS year...before that, he was easily 2nd to mid-tear material.

I would say he started becoming elite in 09. You can look at all the players stats. Brees was drafted in 2000 or 01, I can't remember. But when did Brees become elite? What year was Brady considered Elite? is it number of touchdowns thrown, winning percentage or QB rating that gives a QB his elite tag?

Simple1