• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

wheel house problem

CC Rocks

Was up this last weekend and snapped an axle off my wheel house going over a bridge. mad

managed to get it back to shore via another access. it is currently at Hillmans and I am trying to rework the assembly here in the cities. Does anybody know were I can find a welder at or near Hillmans that could finish arc weld the shaft assy to the house? confused

thanks,

It shouldn't be a problem depending on how busy everyone is. If Kelly B is up helping Buddy he can do it right at Buddy's shop. Can it be moved to the welder the way it is right now or is a portable welder needed?

should be able to limp across the street if needed. not much further. Portable would probably work the best. I thought some guys would have welders in the back of their utility trucks for working on plows.

We have a portable welder but the last time we welded up a wheelhouse the guy stiffed us and didn't pay us anything which left a sour taste our mouths so we quit welding on wheelhouses.

Your best bet would to contact Hillman's and see if they line somebody up or when Kelly B will be back.

Thanks much, sorry to hear that screwed by some chump that doesn't appreciate a lending hand. especially when there are few or no other options. I will be up again this weekend to take measurements to grab the wheel assemblies to work on. Hopefully I can grab Buddy for a couple minutes to get his opinion on how we can procede. Is it Buddy that usually does the welding or Kelly?