• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Zmar

Any Action...Pine Pt.

Zmar

Any action in and around Pine Pt? Board has been too quiet this winter.

LakeTahoe

Well, I was up there on Friday, was told it was slow, BUT was getting better for perch from the resort guy. So we paid our ten dollars to drive out. We've fished Pine Point many many times, but this was the worst one. We couldn't do anything right that day. Yikes. Just a couple 4 inch perch and one slimer. I'm sure some people we getting some, but we couldn't dial them in. We were out to Goose Island and back... Didn't help that my auger was fussy! Good Luck.

tweeder

I was out off Pine this weekend and also struggled, this year I have been doing better on the humps in walker, might have to stay over there. Wanted to get into a mess of perch with the kids but never happened. One day we saw a ton of fish and they were all so small and couldn't get them to bite, the next it was didn't see many but they were more agressive but still no jumbos. I think we got two that were maybe 9 inches.

Tried waxies, minnow heads and fatheads, maybe needed to go deeper, i think the most we were was 15 fow.

tons of ice which was nice to see, most spots we saw were in the 18inch range, suprised more people were not driving...

Norm1980

So both of you guys (tweeder / Laketahoe) were able to drive out to the goose island areas? I am going to be in that area this saturday and hope I will be able to drive my 1/2ton out onto the ice.

Lots of other people out in that area fishing or are most people fishing Walker bay? If fishing is slow already, Im sure this latest cold streak isn't going to help anything. What time of day did you stay out till, after dark??

Any one try Stoney Point?

LakeTahoe

Yes, you can drive out. There is a breaker from goose island to just about the pine point shoreline. 18inches of good ice. I would guess there was 30 to 40 permanents out there... covering the whole area. plenty of room for more wink Good Luck.

Norm1980

Thanks, I only have a portable & would like to try my best to get away from the crowds if at all possible. From your report and the cold weather that moved in I think i'm gonna need all the luck I can get frown

APCfishing

NOrm-

I just got back from the Pine point area. We fished hard and did fairly well.(walleye-Jumbos-Pike-Pout) Feel free to shoot me an email [email protected] Id be happy to point you in the right direction.

Norm1980

NOrm-

I just got back from the Pine point area. We fished hard and did fairly well.(walleye-Jumbos-Pike-Pout) Feel free to shoot me an email [email protected] Id be happy to point you in the right direction.

Email Sent!!

I appreciate any advise/info I can get

Thanks

sunniewally

EMAIL SENT.... THANKS

tweeder

Norm,

the weekend i was up there, there was a lot of traffice on the goose island side of pine since you can drive on at the resort there. There was some pretty bad ice heaves on the shore making it hard to get out on some of the other spots.

clearly ice is never safe but after this week and what was already there, you should feel pretty good about driving and moving around with the portable. Keep moving you'll find them. worst comes to worst, find a hump in walker bay, be set up by 4:30 and have fun catching the small walleyes, good eaters but nothing over 18 for me yet in my 3 trips over there (don't drive through the narrows to get there)

APC, do you get up to pine much, we should trade war stories if you do.

Norm1980

Did well on Jumbo's in the Pine Point area Saturday. Fished about 10am-6pm and ended up with 18 over 10" with two of those being nice fat 12" fish. Had one 26" slimer and only one nice 18" walleye. lots of smaller perch to sort through probably threw back 40+ perch.

APC - Thanks for pointing us in the right direction grin

BrokenRap

Coming up on Friday, Was wondering if anyone could give me some tips, mainly for perch. Any info/advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reid G

How's the ice around pine point during the latter portion of this week? Still in good shape?