• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bryce

Live Report

Bryce

Safely settled in for the night on one of the humps somewhere out on High Banks road. Marked fish but no takers. Radio was chirping from the other houses though. Didn't put in a lot of study to the spot due to the dark. May be a little deep at 29'. Give it a go tomorrow and move after that if neccessary. Got the portie along to try the top ofthe hump for perch.

Started this as a new topic since I see at one reporter out here now and know a couple more are on the way. Good fishing to all.

pushbutton

Good luck to you Bryce! Was thinking of heading up there also, but might have to base my decision on how well you do smile

marcum12

Bryce. I see kim from high banks posted the deep water bite has not started yet. 15 TO 20FT have been producing. Keep the reports coming as we arrive at high banks sunday afternoon.

Bobberboy

Looking forward to todays report

Bryce

Lines down for over 2 hours now. Quite a few marks but just lookie lews and no bites. Marked fish until just shy of midnight. Other 2 houses have about a half dozen pailers and roughly 2:1 throw back slot fish. Think I need to move to join them at 25' but will fish this depth today to prove it. We are fishing mid-lake structure which generally fishes quite a bit deeper than the first break that High Banks concentrates on. Wind has layed down and temp about 0. Enough snow on the ice for banking but no drifting in our area. Looks like everyone should be able to spread out real well. Getting ready to bake some cookies.

Bryce

1 perch, 1 pike, and 1 tullibee. Almost constantly marking fish. Breaking shortly for enchiladas. Whole lake of fishable water and 1 portie thought right between all our wheelhouses was the ticket confused

Glockwinger

Bryce, where are you on the lake? We are in 17' on the outside edge of the large group near Highbanks road. Lots of small perch so far. Hoping for a prime tome bite.

Bryce

I'm sure we're quite a bit further out. Not much on the group thing..

Jigging Joe

That must be quite the kitchen you have in your house, baking cookies, making enchiladas grin

I think the fishing will only get better towards sunday/monday, once the warmer weather starts coming back in. Were coming up tomorrow morning planning on Winni but if the reports from Red are good we might be heading another hour north. Good Luck!

Bryce

We do have somewhat of a clue...between meals anyways. Grill is set up for Von Hanson canoes. full-283-16264-2012_01_1316.53.48.jpg

Bryce

Nothing fast and furious but we did end up with 3 nice eaters. Pretty small sample size to give lure/bait advice but have an intuition towards white right now. Hard call tomorrow to give up a known in search of nirvana. Been 2 years since we were last on winnie. Fish seem fatter now. Good times. Top off the genny and rack up sounds like a good plan.

DRH1175

Great for the report. hey nice house Bryce What kind is it?

Pinusbanksiana

Set up my portable in amongst some wheelhouses at 29'. Strange, seems like I smell cookies baking.....

Bryce

Cookies must be in vogue this weekend. Our portie visitor would have been in about 24'. We got moved in on by more wheelhouses than I thought last night after dark. Moved to the other side of the hump this morning. Tacos will be the smell of lunch.

Pinusbanksiana

Correction, we are in 24 feet not 29. Looks busy around us, more wheelhouses appeared suddenly. Wish they would stop messing around and stay on one side of the hump. Now I smell taco's ..............

saloonsoftball76

how long are you guys up for. I am heading up tomorrow morning until wednesday. We are heading out of the south side. A friend has been up since thursday.

Bryce

Near lockjaw conditions for us today. Just pailed a 14"er but only a midday pike other than that. Did spend a few hours on shore this afternoon resupplying and showering leading up to primetime and then lost an hour to supper in another house so maybe missed that magical school in that time. Oh well, there is tomorrow and/or next time. Staring at a flasher screen all day is not my dream fishing trip. We have enough for fish fry at Gosh Dam tomorrow night. #lucky

Glockwinger

Bryce, near identical conditions for us as well. We are pulling out this morning. We'll get 'em next time.

Bryce

Another pailer last night after the report. 10 1/2"er this morning so far. Big group of wheelhouses moved off the other end of the hump last evening. Hopefully that improves conditions for us. All my fish have been jigging a hot tomale tipped with just a head. White with a blood worm and gold back. Usually like to throw the minnow body on another treble with the head but no good this weekend. Wifes fish have been on a white/chartrues knock out jig with a bottom hooked shiner.