• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012 Mankato Area Bass Tour

Spoke with the DNR yesterday and they show no permits for the days of these tournaments. Is this circuit going to happen?? Alot of people planned family vacations around tourney schedules hope that if it does happen the days are the same as whats posted. Being a month away from the first tourney i don't have much hope.

I will make some calls this week end and find out who is in and who is not. I did not pay for permits yet because of the poor turn out the last 2 years.

I did get a bunch of new guys in this year but have many from last year that have not sent me an entry yet.

No entry from:

Howland and Howland

Meyer and Meyer

Larous and Mays

Schmidke and Morgan

Miska and Jackson

Shetka and Hauer

Hatland and Hatland

Spears and Thompson

Nordrum and Nordrum

That is 9 out of the 14 from last year that are not in as of now. I thought at least 6 of these teams would be in this year. With those guys, we would have a good turn out but with out at least 6-7 more I will have to cancel and send back the ones I have received.

Not sure what else to do here, I got 6-7 new teams in but now 9 more drop.

Is it the economy or just a bad tournament series? I changed up the dates and lakes as people requested and now I get a worse response then last year????

Bob,

Did you get our entry? Brian said he sent it in about two weeks ago....

Loraus/Wareham.

BassAholic, I got yours and Meyer and Meyer.

14 entries right now, waiting on 1 more to make it 15.

BassAholic, I got yours and Meyer and Meyer.

14 entries right now, waiting on 1 more to make it 15.

You should get at least 1 more between now and the start of the season! right? Historically aren't there quite a few last-minute entries?

We can still do this league. How many guys just jump into a tourney. They still count. The problem is I don't think there is anyway you will get the permits through with such short notice. You have to make the decision now before there is no chance of permits. Make it so we can either know we are fishing or not.

We can still do this league. How many guys just jump into a tourney. They still count. The problem is I don't think there is anyway you will get the permits through with such short notice. You have to make the decision now before there is no chance of permits. Make it so we can either know we are fishing or not.

+1 to this!

I am trying to plan my 2012 tournament schedule...

With all the early interest, I thought there would be a much better response to the change of lakes and dates. At this point I am at 14 teams and that's it....we could still get permits, but for the sake of those waiting for a final answer, I am going to have to cancel for this year. I thought we ran a pretty fair show and a great payout but that doesn't seem to be enough to get the entries needed to make this pay off.

If you have sent me an entry, I will send them back this week.

If you have any questions or someone else wants to run with this, give me a call at 612-387-8110.......I am dropping the home phone as of the 14th.

I would consider it. however.

time frame on Permits would be the real issue.

If its not possible for 2012 to get permits I would still consider for 2013

I'm sure we will get one more boat prior to the tournament.

The permits are not that expensive...It's going to be really disappointing if it's cancelled.

It is disappointing, I put a lot of work into this and take nothing from it. The fact that I can never get enough boats to fill a tourney sux....there have been a lot of questions and phone calls from guys and teams that say they are in but I did not get the entry forms. This is a hrad decision, but based on people trying to put together vacation and tourney schedules, I had to make a choice. Let it ride with a few teams or cancel.

Any suggestions?

Yes it would be nice to have more teams, but in reality 14 teams on these lakes is enough to have a fun tournament. All the hard & tedious work you put into running the circuit is appreciated. I hope you will reconsider & give it a go. I also would think we could get some late entries if you took the "cancelled" statement off www.classicbass.com & put on a link to the entry form.

I just spoke with the DNR office in New Ulm and she said that she could get the permit for the first tourney pushed through on a "rush" in a week, 2 at the most.

With that being said, is there anyone else that wants to get in before it is too late?

If we can scrape up 3 more boats, it would make my re-think this whole thing. I would prefer 20-25 boats but can live with 17-18.

With all the early interest, I thought there would be a much better response to the change of lakes and dates. At this point I am at 14 teams and that's it....we could still get permits, but for the sake of those waiting for a final answer, I am going to have to cancel for this year. I thought we ran a pretty fair show and a great payout but that doesn't seem to be enough to get the entries needed to make this pay off.

If you have sent me an entry, I will send them back this week.

If you have any questions or someone else wants to run with this, give me a call at 612-387-8110.......I am dropping the home phone as of the 14th.

Bob, please send back the Leesch/Goettlicher check. I am sorry this didn't work out, but I will now be able to make a graduation party for a relative on the 3rd of June and I don't have to worry about making it over to prefish Cannon. Thanks for trying, but we gotta move on rather than let everyone hang.

Thank you.