• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012 Mankato Area Bass Tour

Tentative Dates:

June 3rd

June 24th

July 15th

August 12th

I FINALLY got the website working again!

Open to the first 25 boats.

Best payout available! Free entry for following year to Team of the Year!

If you would like to see different lakes this year, let me know ASAP. I have not sent in for permits yet. I would like to see a few more boats this year. If a lake change is what it takes, let me know.

Bob

Hey, hey_bob. Happy New Year.

Have you seen Gabby's Schedule? I would recommend trying to stay away from the same lakes as his just to limit the pressue. I heard through the grapevine he is doing Washington, Washington/Stella, Tetonka, then Madison. I don't know the dates, but I believe they may be the first or second Saturday of each month (June, July, August, Sept).

We haven't decided what to fish, but we aren't too impressed with the above schedule. I would like to not have Lura on the list. Perhaps juggle some of the lakes around (Cedar later/Jefferson earlier), add Shields or Cannon (early, preferably)??? Post the dates and we'll decide which circuit to fish.

I hope you have a good turn-out.

I think there is way more people that don't like Lura than do. With that said that would be a lake that could change to say a Shields or Cannon. Also having the German Jeff tourny away from the Jigga bass tourney which im sure has been the 2nd Sat in July for ever. Just some thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see Cannon Lake on the schedule too! Its a fun lake to fish. Ditch Lura. This would be my dream schedule for 2012:

June 3nd Cannon Lake

June 24th Cedar Lake

July 15th Washington

August 12th Jefferson/German

September TOC (weekend BEFORE duck opener this time)

I would like to see Cannon Lake on the schedule too! Its a fun lake to fish. Ditch Lura. This would be my dream schedule for 2012:

June 3nd Cannon Lake

June 24th Cedar Lake

July 15th Washington

If this is the schedule, you can count me in! Let's nix the Lura tournament. It's been going down hill everyyear.

• 2 weeks later...

June 3nd Cannon Lake

June 24th Cedar Lake

July 15th Washington

better count on rain or bring a tractor to unload access condition on cannon are going to be horrible

I do not have the schedule finalized yet, if we can't get enough boats I am not spending the cash on the permits.

Lets see a show of hands, who is in????

Kind of dissapointed this just came up. Have you sent out a flyer, email, phone etc to see who is in from last year? This site only gives you about 10% of the individuals that have fished the curcuit in the past. With that said Pittman/Bohlen are in. Heard Gary Lake wanted in also and was trying to find a parnter.

You will get a full tournament if you actually get the word out and ditch Lura.

Use classic bass, post info here and on other fishing forums, and keep the website updated.

Zero promoting will not get you a good turnout... if you want me to get the tournament info on classic bass and other related sources of tournement information I can do it.

A 'lets see a show of hands' in some random internet thread is not a good way to see how many interested parties there are.

I am more then willing to change the dates and TRY to promote AGAIN, last year and the year before I sent out well over a 100 flyers, left entries in bait stores, got the info on classic and ended up with 14 boats. Not sure what else I can do. It is a lot of work, I don't pay myself other then the entry and expenses and when I answer phone call after phone call and e-mail after e-mail, sending out flyer after flyer to big talkers that never get in, it is disappointing to say the least.

This site has a lot of good connections and seems to get the word out. Just curious as to what the word is???? I don't want to spend the money on the permits for a dozen boats. Ditching Lura for Cannon seemed to spark some interest. I will update the website and throw it on classic bass this week end.

If there are other forums you think I need to post on, e-mail me and let me know................

Hey bob just thought that you might have a little more response if you contacted every team captain that fished last year by phone instead of this site!! But all in all the word is out just from a couple of guys reading this and hopefully it gets out to everyone!! Just wanna say its your tournaments you choose the lakes and dates and let anyone that doesnt like them cry and fish something else or start their own curcuit! Instead of letting the cherry pickers come in and choose the lakes they want to fish just do what u have to do cause they probably wont fish all of them anyway!!! Summers to short lets JUST FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but Bruce and Dan are in!!!!!!

CHANGING THE DATE IN AUGUST WOULD CONFLICT WITH D'S BUSTIN BASS IF YOU WENT WITH THE 18TH AND 19TH CAUSE HE HAS A 2 DAY TOURNEY ON THOSE DAYS AND GABBYS IS THE 4TH SO U MIGHT WANNA LEAVE THAT DATE!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like you'll have more people than last year, especially with Cannon. A lot of people like Cannon. I fished a D's bustin bass there last year and there was more than one 20lb+ sack. I didn't cash a check but its a fun lake.

I don't recall seeing the tournament on classic bass last year? Make sure they list your contact number and website.

I'd love to help promote too if you'd like! We all want a full tournament.

Bassburch.......go for it if you think you can help fill it up. Let me know what you need and you are more then welcome to promote the sh@@@ out of it.

Here is what I will update the website and submit to classic......

June 3rd - Cannon

June 24th - Cedar

July 15th - Washington

Aug 12th - Jefferson/German (can not change due to conflicts)

Sept 9th - TOC

Web site will be updated this week end and I will send this to Classic as well.

If you have fished this before, I will give you a call after I have the entry form updated.

Web site and entry forms are updated. Info should be on Classic soon.

Nice! Any way to have them link to the tournament's website on classicbass like some of the others are? I know I like being able to easily check out a bass-tournament's website.

I posted the tournament info on IDO and futurebass... and facebook. Anywhere else it could go?

Also, Bob do you have fliers made up? I could get them around to some south metro sporting goods stores and baitshops. I know taking a bunch of phone calls from big talkers probably gets old, but I think its a necessary evil to fill out the event.

I'm not sure what happened last year but I know Me, Loraus, and a couple other guys had a difficult time reaching you pre-season. I can only imagine if other interested parties had a similarly difficult time reaching you they may have given up?

Either way, if you run into having too many people to call back and not enough time I don't mind following up with folks. [email protected] email me if you want or need any help.

bassburch, Bob does have the contests listed on classicbass.

I know, I was talking about the tournament's website being linked. I sent classicbass an email to see if they could add the MABT website to the listing and its a feature that cost $$.

I do have fliers made up. I have sent them to the teams that were in last year and you should see them by the middle of the week. I will start going through some old entry forms and sending fliers to these teams from the past.

• 1 month later...

I have a friend looking for a partner for this tournament. Anyone out there looking to fish this and need a partner? He has a nice bassboat rigged and ready.