• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

grin

Photo up an call Johhny law...no emerg call.....best way to do it.

Everyone should have fun on the ice an spin a cookie or three from time to time but what you all are seeing it out of line.

crazy

Photo up an make the call.

T

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tunrevir

• Fuzzbient

• DRH1175

• fishing tech

License plates fellas...get those license plates. Easiest way for a cop/sheriff to catch them.

I saw some traffic out there yesterday. Ice where I was at was around 14-16 inches. I haven't driven my truck out there this year and continue to use the wheeler. Fishing was excellant last night with a big flurry of activity from 515-630. The lake where I was at appeared to have turned over as the water was quite dingy from what it has been and I was consistently marking fish suspended in 8-10 feet. Caught a few pike, a couple of eyes with a dandy fat 21" fish, a 14", and had a 10" perch take a shiner at dark. The fish that I caught were very aggressive on the take but you had to give them time to swallow the minnows. I missed four fish on the hooksets even after waiting a bit I could feel the bait pull out of thier mouth on the hookset cry.

Tunrevir~

Was on 3rd lake yesturday, found a couple spots with only 10 inches. 12 inches where I fished. Alot of IDIOTS driving way to fast. Wave s splashing in the hole and they were still a hundred yards away. I really wish that you would slow down or GO Down!!

I was on the fence between Forest and a different lake tonight. I should have gone to Forest, got skunked on the new spot.

• 2 weeks later...

Was out fishing Yesterday evening and had a bit of a startle. Checked a bobber and noticed a musky swimming through the hole just under the ice. I tried to reach down the hole and touch it's tail to play tag with it, but it swam away before I could. Got a nice wet sweatshirt arm out of the deal.

That is quite a sight when you look down the hole and see a behemoth swimming by. This time of year I used to see them regularly over the deep water areas just a few feet below the surface. I think those big fish just cruise and look for the dead fish just under the ice and pick up the easy snacks without expending any energy.

Tunrevir~

That would be cool. Any Luck out there I fished SC last night with not much luck. Tried a new spot looking for bigger Crappies but nothing but a few perch.

We had a flurry of walleye activity at about 6 pm but nary a crappie came through. Lots of dink perch early afternoon. It has been strange out there lately, as one day I caught 2 eyes between 430 and 5 pm bright sunny day with pike biting almost simultaneously, next trip out was just pike, perch and crappies into the evening without an eye to be had and then the next time out just a flurry of activity right around sunset and done. No real bite window consistancy to speak of.

Tunrevir~

Fished 3rd lake today in about 18 feet of water from about 3pm to 7:30pm. 2 dink perch is all I could manage. Totally dissapointed for the first time on Flake this year.

I wanted to go over and smack the silly-me with my ice scoop who was whipping donuts in that loud truck on the south east side of lake 3. Dude must have been doing 40 MPH across the lake.

ALSO picked up I believe at least 12 beer cans today someone left in a pile by the 2nd lake landing.. Dang slobs out there!

That was quite the crazy truck action going on over there on 3rd.

Was out this morning with not much for action but one flag on a shiner. I did stumble on a shallow grassy spot where walleyes were hanging out when I dropped the cam down. Wonder if they'd bite come sundown or if they would move deeper. Hmmm.

I'd check the nearby neckdown areas and breaklines just off the grassy area. The lake weeds are always growing and will be up a foot or so right now in some of the unshaded spots. I'd work the top as it is getting dark and the breaks as it gets later into the evening. I have a couple spots right now where the weeds are a 1-2 feet off the bottom and growing nice and green. If you are seeing fish then I'd go back and work the area and the associated breaklines with a small jig tipped with a fathead head. The perch will drive you nuts untill the light fades enough for them to go dormant and the walleyes to move in and feed. Crappie sized baits are good right now, like small forage minnows, tiny swimming raps and frostee spoons in the 1/16th oz range tipped with a minnow head. Larger profile baits like a 1/8th oz rattling varmint or buckshot spoon can produce bigger fih and keep the perch slightly at bay. A simple 1/16th oz standup jighead and fathead can produce well this time of year as well. Sometimes when I am marking fish that chase and won't commit I'll switch to a bait like a jigging rap or larger rattling bait to see if I can trigger them. At other times a fathead or small shiner under a tipup will far outproduce an actively jigged lure. just have to experiment a bit and see what the fish want. Good luck out there!

Tunrevir~

We were out on Sunday too with a very similar outcome. We were on the NE side of the Willow Point cluster with some tip ups (7-15 FOW) and jigging for 5-7 inch perch apparently (16 FOW).

We were out on Sunday too with a very similar outcome. We were on the NE side of the Willow Point cluster with some tip ups (7-15 FOW) and jigging for 5-7 inch perch apparently (16 FOW).

I saw you guys fishing over there. I was the guy on the Blue 4 wheeler with the black lab sitting on the back. I had to run him home as he was getting tired. Never thought a dog could have so much fun with an Plastic auger blade cover.

I thought on my way back out that I got a little close to a tip up. Sorry if I did, not my intentions. I was rushing to get back to my spot as it was almost prime time.

Oh, no worries whatsoever. If you would have kicked it we could have been excited about our first flag of the day.

I've been to a few different lakes this year as I haven't had as good of success on Forest this year as the last couple. Best luck has been up north at the cabin in the Brainerd area. Had more than a few days up there with 20+ flags in an afternoon.

Best luck has been up north at the cabin in the Brainerd area. Had more than a few days up there with 20+ flags in an afternoon.

I grew up in the Brainerd area (Baxter) and sure do miss the old days fishing up there. Nice to hear you have had some great days with the tip-ups up there FishingFL!

Yes, it has been a great year up north. Want to get out around home on Sunday if we don't get tossed around by the wind too bad.

Well gave flake another try last night. Fished from 3 till 7:30 Fished a spot that was recomended to me on here. I was in about 16ft. Missed two walleyes right at about 5:45pm on a small buckshot. Nothing on plain hook and fathead. Caught many small perch as will everywhere on Flake. The spot was very promissing no Crappies came through.

At 11:00am today I saw a full size pickup break thru the ice at the 3rd Lake access by Willow Point. Looked like the right front wheel went thru and he was being pulled out by another pickup on the ramp. Went by later and he was out and parked in the parking lot across the street.

Be careful out there!!!

couple of large pressure ridges between first and second. One out towards the middle of first and one over on the willow side of third, so yes be careful out there!

Tunevir~

couple of large pressure ridges between first and second. One out towards the middle of first and one over on the willow side of third, so yes be careful out there!

Tunevir~

Thanks for the warnings guys. I was out ATV fishing Tonight and it was sure popping and complaining when the trucks drove by. One truck was out tearing around at high speeds doing Rockfords out there Tonight. I think I'd start questioning the ice safety now for cars and stick with the ATV and foot travel.

Was out last night out from the funeral home in about 16 fow. It was pretty slow and boring until about 7:30 then the vex blew up. It looked like a rainbow from 3' to about 10'. all dink crappies though.

Was out the last two nights and have seen pretty good action to end the season. Caught 3 walleyes and lost one at the top of the hole last night, along with a random pike, and probably another dozen mystery fish that I didn't have the skill to land.

Tonight I went out and caught one walleye and one pike and fought and lost numerous fish.

Both nights all action was between 5:45 and 7:15 in 15 feet depth with fatheads just off the bottom. Great way to end the season!

full-21857-18050-endofseasonwalleye.jpg