• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2011-2012

Scott M

Quote:
he cant be siting back whining over miss calls,

The problem is most are not missed calls and that is going to KILL us when we do need a call in an important game. Trust me referee's remember habitual whining offenders.

I know Jim Peterson has mentioned it and hopefully he or someone can get the point across to Love soon.

It's actually beyond ridiculous at this point.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• ozzie

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed PierBridge, What happened to the ultimatum issued to the refs a few years ago that basically told the players to shut up and play. It seems every play someone on every team is complaining to the refs. It's getting ridiculous.

As far as the play goes, if you look at in real time, Kevin turns and steps, not sure if when you turn around, and are ready to take off running in the other direction, you can stop where you were going to put your foot in a fraction of a second, without falling over, all this while scula had his arms wrapped in Kevins legs. Slow motion, gives you the perception that Kevin actually had time to think, he was on the floor, and should stomp on him, real time, you would have to be a fast thinker on stomping him on purpose, then plan on where your foot is going, while turning, and getting ready to run down court, while trying to catch your balance. Was it intentional? I dont know. But dont look at the slow mo, look at real time, and tell me, it was planned, and intended.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I don't think it was intentional either. With those arms up potentially tripping him he had to get his foot downfast smile

He does need to stop the whining.

He sure didn't do much to not step on him. It looks pretty obvious to me, but who knows? He was pretty mad at the time as well. Look at the foul he put on Scola right before the stomp. My question is how the hell do the refs not call that?

it was obviously intentional, but I don't blame Love for being frustrated. He gets mugged on a nightly basis and gets very few calls. He'll certainly be fined, possibly suspended, so hopefully the stomp got all the frustration out of his system.

Quote:
Kevin Love has been suspended two games without pay for stomping on Luis Scola Saturday.

The NBA says Love has been suspended for "driving his foot into the upper body an face" of Scola. Although he contends it was an accident, the video replay clearly suggests otherwise. Love will miss Tuesday's game against the Kings and Wednesday's game in Memphis before before returning for Friday's game against the Mavericks. Michael Beasley and Derrick Williams are prime candidates to pick up minutes.

More then I expected, but thats alright, give him a much needed break, and lets see what Williams is capable of doing now.

IF you watch the play very closely, Scola rolls over to get in front of Love and puts his arms up borderline trying to trip him. Hes just as at fault as love... there was no reason for him to roll under K-love and stick his arms in the air. This may be just the homer in me coming out, but Scola had no business rolling directly in front of Love and trying to trip him up. Both players should have been teed up and maybe a small fine... suspension for Love is nonsense. Scola knew what he was doing the whole time and got the last laugh. But nonsense is what ive come to expect from David Stern, everyone should be used to that by now. Besides, if the blind referees call a foul on love for the strip like they should of, non of this happens

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS — On Saturday, Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love said he didn't think the NBA needed to look into an incident in which he stepped on Houston Rockets forward Luis Scola's face. But when the punishment came down from the league Monday, Love openly accepted his two-game suspension.

"I think it was warranted," Love said Monday after practice. "As long as Luis and the Houston Rockets are OK with it, then I'm OK with it. But I think it was a learning experience for me. Definitely, it won't happen again."

The play occurred Saturday in Minnesota's 100-91 victory over the Rockets at Target Center, a victory that improved the Timberwolves' record to 12-12. Early in the third quarter, Love and Scola got tangled down low on a shot attempt by Scola. Scola thought he was fouled but didn't get the call as he fell to the ground. As the action moved in the other direction, Love began to run down the court but got his legs mixed up with Scola's arms.

Love's left foot came down on Scola's face, but no foul was called. Videos of the play made their way to YouTube not long after the incident, and fans took to social media to weigh in on whether Love deliberately stepped on Scola.

Love said Saturday and reiterated Monday he had no ill intentions on the play, saying he "wasn't trying to stomp him, like other people have said." Love also said he went to Houston's locker room to talk to the Rockets and Scola. The two players talked for about 15 to 20 minutes and patched things up.

"We're all good now," Love said. "I know that Luis is OK with it. He even had some funny stuff to say about his kids after the game. They sent him a video saying a couple things about me. I thought it was pretty funny."

The incident with Scola was the second time in a week that Love had a mini-altercation with an opponent. When the Wolves hosted the Pacers on Wednesday, Love and Indiana's Danny Granger exchanged words and a bit of shoving after a rebound attempt and subsequent foul by Love.

If this past week has taught Love anything, it's that he needs to keep his emotions in check.

"There's going to be hard fouls in this league. You just have to play through it," Love said. "It's a learning experience for me. All I can do is go out there and play my hardest and play my game the right way."

The suspension is the first for Love at any level of basketball — "I'm not a repeat offender," he said — and he's hoping basketball fans recognize he's not a dirty player.

After the dust-up with Scola, however, he may have to convince them otherwise — and he's OK with that. But he doesn't think it'll hurt his reputation in the long run.

"If it does, then I think for the common fan's standpoint, I'll just have to win their respect back and make them like me again," Love said. "But I have no problem doing that because I know the type of person I am. I feel like . . . the people that know me know the type of person I am."

Love won't have to convince anyone of the type of player he is; his numbers speak for themselves. The fourth-year forward out of UCLA earned his first All-Star nod last season, when he averaged 20.2 points and a league-high 15.2 rebounds per game. This season, Love has increased his scoring to 25.0 points per game while still pulling down 13.6 boards per contest.

Love is a big reason the Timberwolves are .500 and turning heads across the NBA. But with his two-game suspension, Minnesota will have to play without its leading scorer when it hosts Sacramento on Tuesday and plays at Memphis the following night.

In Love's absence, the Timberwolves will need other players to pick up the scoring.

"He's pretty key," Wolves coach Rick Adelman said. "These other guys, they've wanted opportunities to play and they're going to get it. We'll see what they do. . . . Everybody's going to have an opportunity. Derrick (Williams), (Anthony Tolliver). We're going to have to do it by committee. People have to step up. That'd be like someone getting hurt. It's the same thing. You have to step up."

Love knows the timing of his suspension isn't great. The Wolves have gained some momentum with victories in three of their past four games and five of their past seven.

"That's it more than anything. We've got to get past these next two games," Love said. "We'll just take it one game at a time. I'm going to stay in shape. I'm going to be ready to go when the time comes and have some rest. Hopefully, I can help the team out. I just wish I could be here to cheer them on for both games, but that's not going to be the case. I'm definitely going to be cheering on from home."

4wanderingeyes, don't p%&* me off in cat league, or when you walk back to your truck to load your boat and you trip, I'm going to stomp your face in!

Love seems contrite. I believe he's a model citizen off the court and a hard player on it...I think he's on to something when he mentions the short tempers with all the condensed games...it's hard to just forget things without a few days off. Hopefully he lays off the refs a little. He's not going to get Kobe calls yet.

I cant help but laugh my a$$ off every time I watch the replay. Then to read his comments about how his face just happend to be there just like my groin happend to be there. laugh He shouldnt have done it but its too late now, I'm not worried about Love. Maybe he should offer the guy a free haircut.

So he apologized for doing nothing? Sounds a little delusional to me but at least the NBA and most of us knew better. He could have easily avoided Scola all together if he wanted to but he chose to step on him. Players aren't that dumb or uncoordinated, he knew exactly what he was doing.

And if Love wasn't OUR next baby Jesus you all would be saying the same.

Good news is, his cheap-shots have been brought to light and maybe he'll think twice about it. He had real cheap horse collar in the Indiana game on whats his name who lit the wolves up for 30-something and then continued to chirp at the Pacers bench for the next 5 minutes while the Pacers schooled us.

Lesson learned? ...stay tuned!

Scola rolls right in front of him and raises his arms. Love COULD have avoided him but would have had to make a cat-like maneuver to avoid him. He should have just stomped and fallen to the court in a heap at the same time like scola tripped him and he would have gotten off with nothing. I still dont think it deserves 2 games, Ive seen alot worse get lesser punishment

Nothing to do with the media. He did it all on his own. And for the record I do see the slight although extremely weak LAWYER [PoorWordUsage] angle that he didnt do or mean anyhing by it.

Ocean Front property in the sahara desert for sale?...... anyone? smile

My point was, that is why he got 2 games, instead of a fine, or just one game. They are making an example out of him. I have no problem with it, it give Williams a chance to put up, or shut up. It also gives Love a chance to rest, and think about his attitude lately. I agree, when he fouled Granger in the Pacers game, that should have been a technical. Along with the play to put Scula on the ground, but neither were called. So, this should serve as a face slap for him, I hope. And stop your whining! Love, not you PB grin

Wow, Dantae Green missed a wide open look at the buzzer! Sometimes it pays to be lucky. Great win for the Wolves without Love. Pek is really hot right now. He didn't hack and played solid. Beasley came in and took over Love's shots and that's exactly what they needed him to do. He also grabbed a few of Love's boards. Williams did a little of everything including hitting that huge 3 down the stretch. Rubio didn't fill it up as far as points but he distributed as usual and knocked down just enough free throws eek to get a win. Bring on the Grizz (probably a loss coming to bring us back to .500)!

They will make a run at the 8th seed. They have looked good on D this year. Forget about the O when you play good D you will win more often then not. Pek is a monster in the post, we might have something with him and Love. That's some tough dudes that will outwork most every night, and Rubio dude could score 4 points and still put up a triple double.....

I was at the game last night and was able to watch Pek for the first time. I was really impressed with how well he moved for a big guy. He stole the ball near mid court as he was falling back to play D and drove the ball to the basket and did a nice little finger roll. He looked like a giant PG on that play. Most guys his size would have been falling all over themselves.

Besides his good footwork and agility he's just a monster down low. He fights harder than anyone else and can just over power you. He's able to get set up so low in the paint that its just a matter of a quick step and laying it in. He's going to create a whole lot of match up problems from other teams.

Its also interesting to see Rubio score 4 points and still have a good game. Not many other players that can carry a game like he can and not do any scoring.

Its nice to see some excitement returning to Target Center.

Ricky's defense was outstanding last night. He didn't have points but he is constantly giving these guys open shots when he could have otherwise shot the ball himself. Beasley was pretty eratic as usual.

Pier the league is full of whining babies including a majority of the top-tier players. There is no issue with Love. Garnett always had his tantrums, Bryant, LBJ, etc.....like he said his face just happend to be there. grin

I think we have a good trio to build off of. With Love, Rubio, and Pek. If Williams can adapt to the SF position, and play some defense, all we need is a good #2 to make this a great team. I think next year we are legit contenders, and have just as good a shot at the championship as any other team does. Considering we fill the SG position prior to that.

I hope they get a good player there before the trade deadline this year, not only to help us this year to be more competitive, but to jive, and learn the game plan before next season. I can see us landing a big time player, who wouldnt want to play with Rubio, Love, and now Pek, and be coached by one of the best coaches ever. Espeacially on a young team that will have a bright future for many years. It really is awesome having them back and probably more exciting then ever before. With a brighter future then ever before. Now lets not do something stupid, and lose all of our #1 draft picks for 5 years again.

Im starting to come around to the Ray Allen idea someone had earlier.... I think it would be great to have Ray. With the supporting cast all he would have to do is stand behind the arc and let Rubio hit him for wide open 3's. If the wolves had a 2 guard that could shoot like ray it would be a perfect fit.... Lets get Ray-ray next year!

yeah we could let Ray finish his career with the team that originaly drafted him!! but why would he sign with a team that is up and coming and not with a year in year out contender like LA or Miami or SA...it just won't happen.

As expected, they drop this one in Memphis. Not a good shooting night for either team. Wolves got outrebounded pretty good. In a 5 point loss that really was never in question, Love probably was the difference.

That was UGLY. They just could not make a shot. Beasley needed to step up, but he was terrible. That's the thing with him, he can be so bad, and when he is he will just keep throwing up shots. People say he can create his own shots, but really all he does is shoot while tightly covered. Anyone could do that. Rubio really struggled tonight as well. It was a back to back, and 4th game in the past 5 nights so they may have been tired. Will be nice to get love back, cause we got some tough games coming up at home here.

Yea Beasley was terrible, the whole team was. Can't give games away to teams that you should beat. Fishing was terrible tonight too.

The score didnt reflect how bad they lost. Although, I was happy to see the starters on the bench in the 4th, it gave some minutes to some who havent seen many recently. And gave the starters a little rest, and time to think about their play.

yeah poor game but you could see it coming...how about Ridinour closing the Sac. game by missing his last 8 shots then started out missing his first 7 shots in memphis then finally driving to the hoop and making a layup. He usually shoots better than that so hopfully he can get out of his slump as it is nice to have a guard that can hit the mid range jumper when open. And what was Martell Webster doing fouling Mayo at the end of the half? He needs to step up and be the player we thought we were getting when we acquired him a couple years ago!!