• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2011-2012

Scott M

Well, the new CBA is a joke, didn't do anything but kick the can down the road. Competitive imbalance is still a huge issue, might as well contract all the small market teams if they don't have a chance. Knicks are building a Super Team, Lakers are looking to do the same, Heat are already there. What does this do for Portland, Minnesota, Sacramento, Oklahoma City, Charlotte?

Watch, over the next couple weeks you will see the same stupid contracts get signed that got the league into this situation. We'll be right back where we were.

Looking forward to watching Wolves games. They will at least be entertaining.

Depth Chart as I see it:

C 1) Darko Milicic 2) Brad Miller 3) Anthony Randolph

PF 1) Kevin Love 2) Martell Webster 3) Nikola Pekovic

SF 1)Mike Beasley 2) Derrick Williams 3) Wayne Ellington 4) Lazar Hayward

SG 1) Wes Johnson 2)Martell Webster

PG 1) Ricky Rubio 2) Luke Ridnour

Certainly the Depth Chart isn't set in stone, in fact I could see it changing quite a bit. A lot of these guys are tweeners, and I think Adelmann is going to run a lot of small ball and mix it up.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• ozzie

Top Posters In This Topic

Some rumbling about Kevin Martin possibly being traded to the Wolves. Depending on what we have to give up for him, that would sure be exciting to have a true scorer on the team.

As for the super teams. It is a joke when players are allowed to pick who they will go to, and the salary cap really means nothing. The small market teams might as well just drop out of the NBA and form their own league, with reasonable salaries.

In short, the small market teams would be kinda a farm system for these big teams, (kinda like everything is now) assuming the BIG market teams would survive with 6 teams. I really dont know what is worse, the teams, or their fans, I cant stand either!

It sounds like the Wolves are trading for J.J. Barea, not really sure why, a step sideways if you ask me, that is assuming we are not keeping Ridnour. Maybe it is the first step in acquiring Kevin Martin? Or are they planning on using him as a SG? But that would be some horrific defense on the floor then.

Yeah, Stern pretty much screwed 3 teams.

The Lakers have two guys that sacrificed their roles under Phil for the good of the team and now have a fractured relationship with management because they were all but traded.

Houston has the same thing with their players plus they have been salvaging pieces to make such a trade for a few years. They would have got Gasol and still had enough cap room to make a run at one of the big free agents next summer.

The Hornets cannot do better than Scola, Martin, Dragic, Odom, and a 2012 First Rounder, so they either are forced to let Paul walk after this year or get pennies on the dollar for him.

They play defense in the NBA? huh, hadnt noticed that before.. .

Well, the Wolves didnt last year, that is for sure!

Did I hear Bonzi Wells and Devon George were added to training camp roster?!? Let's get this preseason rolling!! Go Wolves!!!

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Going to be a fun to watch these guys progress over the next couple years!

Wow, I knew someone would overpay JJ Barea, I just didn't think it would be the Wolves. Maybe he can be our first amnesty cut. Seriously, I hope Adelman was involved with this, because he is a role player at best. How many point guards does Kahn need to botch? Barea excels in pick and pop but doesn't pass well or defend a lick. And he's supposed to push Ridnour and Rubio? mad Maybe they want someone to translate for Rubio.

Williams signed. That's good to hear.

It'd be sweet to have Bonzi and Devean George ten years ago, but at 34 and 35 respectively, I don't see them coming out of camp. Devean talked about working in the front office if he doesn't make the team. Planting the seed I guess.

Kinda jumping around here, but this NBA landscape is changing fast. CP3 is a Clipper now, although L.A. did have to give up a lot to get him (Gordon, the Minnesota Timberwolves unprotected 2012 first round pick mad, Kaman, Aminu). The Clips also added Chauncey Billups as the high bidder on New York's amnesty castoff and Caron Butler via free agency. They also matched Golden State's offer for DeAndre Jordan. Think of that starting 5: Paul, Billups, Butler, Griffen, Jordan. Wow.

Preseason game #1 on FSN Alternate tonight, or record the playback at midnight. Will be fun to see what they've got.

The game was picked up by FSN as well, 7pm tip off, woot woot!

It is to early for a good prediction, but since I am an optimistic person when it comes to the Wolves, I would pick over on his pick, I think they can be a .500 team this year, unless we end up with some unfortunate injuries. I really think Rambis added many losses last year, and the players lost interest in his system, and gave up. With a new coach, and a proven system, or even one that doesnt require your below average center to have the scheme ran through, will double our wins from last year. Add to that that we have a lot better talent, and another year experience for our young core, I could see us being a 8th seed this year. Then again, I am always optimistic at the beginning of the season wink

The Wolves already have one thing going for them, the past couple seasons, they have already been out of the race by Christmas, this year, they will be tied for 1st place grin

I could see us being a 8th seed this year...

I tried to analyze this team as best I could in the past few days, not that my analyzing skills matter a lick mind you, and that is where I projected them to be, too. 8th seed. The T'Wolves back in the playoffs. That is something I wouldn't have even joked about the past few years, but I really think a young, talented team in an agonizing stretch of back-to-back games could be just the ticket for us to crack the bottom of the west this year. Go Wolves!

I like the optimism! I think they have the talent to start doing some good things this year. Even if they don't make the playoffs, I think they will be darn close. And then the second year with the new coach will be even better. From all the interviews and the such I have seen about these players, they all seem very anxious to prove themselves.

Sloppy finish by Milwaukee, Minnesota wins 85-84. Wolves were really listless without Barea and Rubio. I give those two credit, in the first game they showed the Wolves can have a decent pick and roll game. Love didn't dominate the game and still had 22 and 16. He's going to be a beast in his new body.

Leuer is getting some burn for Milwaukee. He looks like he might displace Ilyasova. He missed the game winning field goal.

Going to be a hard first week of the season, but it will be good for a young team like the Wolves with young legs.

After watching that game last night, I came away thinking I watched the Gophers/Northwestern game. Lots of bad dicisions, bad fouls, lots of missed freethrows, and way to many turnovers. Luckily for the Wolves, the Bucks decided to lay an egg at the end, and give the game to the Wolves. The Wolves got lucky, and if they were playing a good team, they would have gotten smoked.

Ridnour looked terrible. Lee had some impressing moments, and looks to be promising. Beasely looked like a highschooler running around on steroids. Not to many days left to get these things fixed, before the games start to matter.

Oh, and Bonsi Wells? Come on!

Bonzi is not going to make the team...he is being given a good look as he is familiar with Adelman's offense and he use to be a force. Adelman is giving him a chance to hopefully find a team to play with as it is his last chance to play in the NBA...

I can't wait for this year to begin...we can't play with the Miami's of the league but we will win alot of close games that were just thrown away last year with the [PoorWordUsage] Rambis at the helm.

GO WOLVES!!!!

Awesome game last night, even though it ended with a loss. I told my dad they would stick with the Thunder and lose close and I was right. This is going to be a fun team to watch and they will finish in the 8-10 spot out west. You can see in the offense what a big difference Adelmann makes.

Awesome game last night, even though it ended with a loss. I told my dad they would stick with the Thunder and lose close and I was right. This is going to be a fun team to watch and they will finish in the 8-10 spot out west. You can see in the offense what a big difference Adelmann makes.

+1

Great game that was marred by taking too many threes...fast break ball was good (especially with Rubio in the game...I was VERY impressed and didn't expect to be), but there were too many times that they tried to set up, but hurried a 3 point attempt instead of making an extra pass or two to spread the defense out. That, and poor foul line shooting, did them in, but they looked much better overall against a good opponent than I expected. Very cool!

I think Beasly could have attempted to make a pass every now and then, instead of just chucking the ball up every time he got his fingers on it. To bad Adelmann wont be at the game tonight, I think this team needs more coaching time to get on track. I think by mid season we will be competitive, but by then, we may be out of contention.

Definitely a fun game to watch! I think for the first time in years they have caught my interest again. I hope to get to at least a few games this year. Very impressed with Rubio, his vision of the court seems to be everything that was described and had a few nice hoops as well. Barea was a huge pick-up for this team you can already see the impact he will have. Williams looks like he will be solid as well. I think we will get a win tonight and we need it with Miami and Dallas coming up this weekend. Ouch.

I think the cog to the whole wolves machine revolves around good all around play from Beasley. He took some dumb shots and missed some easy ones. He was 11 for 27 for 40%. If he wants to be the go to guy which he does then he needs to make those shots or set someone else up.

I was impressed by Rubio's court vision and Williams athleticism for his size. Williams had some turnovers, but to be expected for a rook. I like the block by Tolliver. The spacing seems better.

How smooth is Durant? Westbrook is a freak! I figured we would loose, but they gave them a great game. Fun to watch! Kahn must've been grinning watching those passes from Rubio.