• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2011-2012

Scott M

Yuck. Flat play in Milwaukee and too many turnovers. Should have won that game, can't lose to Milwaukee, gotta pound the Eastern conference teams. It doesn't get any easier with the Heat and Mavs on the schedule next.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• ozzie

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep looks like an 0-4 start. On the bright side Kevin Love was an absolute beast! We need more of these guys to have his mentality.

Looks like last years team. Way to go Beasley for stepping up (sarcastic) - I was flipping back and forth between da pups and gophs. Then it got depressing so I went on line (MW3)

Beasley is terrible. I was at the opener and the crowd pretty much moaned every time Beas touched the ball because you knew he was going to shoot. Seemed like he was trying to show up Durant.

Durant just elevates over whoever guards him for basically wide open jumpers, so smooth. It was comical watching Ridnour try to stay with Westbrook.

Why was he (Beasley) pouting? I flipped over and saw him going to the bench, but then decided to lay on the floor disinterested. Jim Peterson was commenting on his poor attitude. What happened or is he just a big baby?

he was getting fouls called on him and he didn't want to leave the floor when Porter sent out his replacement...Beasley sure has talent but his attitude is horrible...he could be good to great if he put in the effort during the off season that Love puts in.

This team isn't going to win any close games if they keep giving the ball to Beasly to throw up a contested jumper when they need a hoop. They battle back the whole game because of good offensive movement, and getting easy open shots, then when they need a basket the most they give it to Beasley and everyone and their mother knows he's gonna jack up a contested jumper and miss. I can't stand him, they offense just stops when he gets the ball. It's like what happens when Lebron gets the ball, only difference is Lebron can make the hard shots.

Another thing i'd like to see is Rubio, and Barea starting in the backcourt. The team looks so much better when they are out there IMO. Ridnour is an ok bench player, but shouldn't be a starter. His D is awful, and he turns the ball over a lot. Put the young guys in there and let em learn. Same goes for Wes Johnson, he's a great athlete and pretty good defender, but just lacks the ball skills. Reminds me of some of the gophers players. I'd like to see D Williams starting.

Lastly what is up with Love and Williams jacking up 3's like they are Ray Allen? I know they both have been working hard on that part of thier game, but that doesn't mean they throw it up everytime they get an inch of seperation. They should be spending more time down by the basket.

Okay rant over, with all that said they have a lot of potential and will be a fun team to watch this yr.

Love can shoot the 3 anytime he wants if he thinks he can make it as he is a good shooter and I think he hit over 40% from the 3 last year which is great. Williams is a rookie but he is a good shooter so I don't have a problem with him shooting them yet.

The boys are giving the allstars a run for the money. Even if they dont win tonight, they have to be happy with the outcome.

Yeah, LeBron can't get Jordan calls until he gets a ring like Jordan...shoulda been a charge. I hope Adelmann starts Rubio from now on, double double. Awesome game though. Randolph looks pretty good with Rubio throwing him lobs. Wolves lose, but keep it interesting till the end, 103-101. 25 turnovers are too much to overcome.

Being Rubio was at the point during crunch time, tells you who Adelmman thinks is best. If they can get their turnovers down, this team could keep up with all of the top teams. Gunna be a fun year!

Helluva game! Had me at the edge of the coach all game. Not too much you can do bout D Wade hitting shots like he did down the stretch. A few things they can improve on is the turnovers and free throws. They gotta start hitting for a higher percentage at the line. Rubio was awesome, and I too hope he gets in the starting line up soon. I can not stand Ridnour, if you watch him on D he is all over the place, and left Chalmers wide open for multiple 3's. Any one notice how all this was done with Beasley on the bench? The offensive movement is so much better when he is touching the ball and throwing it up no matter what. I'd like to see Rubio, Barea, Love, Williams, and Beasley starting. (Better yet Wes Johnson starting for Beasley, but that's not gonna happen)

Beasley having 4 points isn't gonna cut it, gonna take a little time to have all these young kids pull it together with no preseason

Beasely would be a great sixth man, but a starter, no thanks. You cant have a ball chucker on the floor for the majority of the game. If Beasely would just settle down a bit, and take the higher percentage shots, and pass the ball on the riskier shots, he would be a great starter, but until then, he is better off coming off then bench.

Well so far the Wolves are keeping pace with teh Mavs. Although a bunch of sloppy play, by both teams.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

looking gd love seeing the progress of this team looks gd for the future!

It's been a long time since I saw the Wolves play a game and got this excited...probably since Garnett made some big plays and screamed under the basket after a dunk, opponent time out. They played with energy, they played with intensity, and they never really lost it. Adelman smartly called timeout when the 15 point lead went down to 6 and then in the 4th they finally took care of business.

Ricky Rubio...wow. How much longer can Adelman keep him on the bench? 14 and 7 and the guys he plays with just play so much better with him on the floor. The Wolves have good shooters and athletic guys that can get up and with Rubio at the point, they are a very dangerous offensive team. If they play a little defense, they are a playoff team. I think Love is doing a better job of banging and the rest of the team is playing better D as well.

Love is going to get a max contract extension before Jan. 25, and I'm starting to think he's worth it. The guy can rebound better than anyone and his midrange and three point game are pretty darn good for a 4/5. His back to back threes were killer tonight.

Tolliver is starting to win me over. He is an unheralded player but he never quits and brings a lot of intangibles. He made a lot of smart basketball plays. I expect he'll lead the team in charges taken.

Randolph will be up and down but you want him in roaming the baseline for lobs. Barea I have to admit has played pretty well, looks like more pick and roll is going to work with him, Rubio, Love, or Beasley. Williams is going to show flashes as he did tonight. He may not get consistent enough minutes to regularly fill it up but he will impress. Wes Johnson = bust...guy just stands on the perimeter and never drives. DeMarcus Cousins is looking like the pick we should have made (if it included a psychologist). Darko looked good early but got forgotten on the bench...probably a victim of other guys playing well and Adelman going with the hot hand. Ridnour hit some shots tonight, but I think it's inevitable that he will be subbing. Let's be honest, he's a back up point guard and always has been.

A few things the Wolves have this year, that they didnt last year, are, the desire to win, a coach that can draw a play and make it work, and the capability to finish the game strong in the 4th quarter. This team could easily be 4-0 right now. It was exciting to see them bring it back strong, after Dallas came back and made a game of it.

But we have to remember, this isnt the Mavs of last year, and they have been struggling them selves this year, but regardless, the Wolves won the game. You can sure tell the difference in coaching. I think they could sneak into the playoffs this year. It will be interesting to see what ESPN will say about them now.

It is nice to come out of a timeout with a plan, or have a side out of bounds or under the hoop inbounds with a play that has multiple options. Loved the double screen against OKC outta the timeout.

Was at the game tonight, Rubio not only runs the show on the floor he runs the arena, everyone in the building feeds off him.

It's fun.......been a long time since you could say that about a Wolves home game. Time will tell, but Rubio is really in control both of his game and the team. Love is a big time player, no question.

OK so temper this reply as you will. I hate the game and especially hate the pro game. However, Doesn't Rubio's early success make you question the quality of the NBA considering he struggled in the Euro leagues? Apparently he is the next Super star by most accounts. I find this very curious.

Interesting to look back at the 2009 draft. Flynn appears to be a bust and Curry an all star. Decision do-ever needed.

Rubio thread

I stand by what I wrote back then...Rubio's teams were wildly successful while he was in Europe and won titles. He became physically stronger. His shot mechanics improved. I believe his stats were low because he was told to focus on certain aspects of his game, like a MLB player sent to the minors to work on hitting opposite field hits, trying alternate defensive positions, or pitchers learning to pitch to contact. Rubio has been a professional basketball player since he was 14 so the translation has been an easy one. He is going to have tough nights though, those will come. I've been impressed with the A/T rate. Some of the turnovers were the result of guys not being ready for passes and in one turnover instance tonight, I thought he was hacked. The hyperbole was that he doesn't make flashy plays unless he needs to and so far, I think its true.

We're only 4 games in but I can see a little White Chocolate, Nash, and Pistol Pete in him. The angles he sees are unbelievable. He dropped 3 dimes in a row in the 4th tonight that blew my mind. The high bounce to K love for a dunk on a screen and roll, the corner bounce pass through Dirk's legs to Tolliver...That was against the defending world champs. The court vision on the skip passes...I'm not sure I've seen a player do what he's done before. I mean, when you watch a screen and roll defended, in the professional game mind you, during the switch or the recover, depending on how it's defended, the passer has a fraction of a second to make the pass. Miss the window and it's over. Rubio sees that window in slow motion and can make it work in any angle. And when he's in transition, or penetrating....he knows where everyone is. We have something really special here in Minnesota, that much you can tell in 4 games. I expect this week or next you are going to start seeing national media articles on him, but only if Adelman gives him the minutes.

Well, I watched ESPN last night, not much word about how good the Timberwolves looked, just how bad Dallas has become, and how they are showing their age. Oh well, the media thing doesnt bother me near as much as the star calls from the refs against the Wolves.

Although, Love may not be getting all the calls called, he sure does whine a lot to the refs that he is being fouled, with no call.

Ricky is going to own this town. He makes the rest of the team much better. I like Williams too. Just need to get rid of Beasley and Johnson for a decent 2 guard. Randolph has to try and be like Tyson Chandler and only take open jump shots. I like Tolliver's defense, but I wouldn't give him a green light on offense. Against the Heat, he thought he was Ray Allen or Dell Curry.

I'm going to get some tickets this week and go to some games this year.

Is Rubio legit? Will K Love's weight loss help his game? Will Adelman be able to harness our talent and turn our team in the right direction?

How awesome is it that the answer thus far to all of these questions is "yes".

If you haven't been watching the games... you've been missing out. This squad has lived up to all of their offseason buzz, and then some.

Another good performance by the Wolves! Tonight they seemed like they didnt have the dagger to finish them off, and let the Spurs hang in there. Hopefully it was just an off night, if not, I would like to see them make a trade and get that third piece of the puzzle, someone that will compliment Rubio, and Love. Some one that will give us a consistent 20+ points a night. If they can find such a player, I think they coud be a mid seed in the playoffs.

To start the season, I looked at the schedule and thought, if we can pull of 2 wins out of the first 5, we were in good shape, because after this, the games should get easier for the Wolves.

Caught the 106-96 win on a NBA League Pass Free Preview tonight. Had to endure the Fox Sports Southwest Broadcast team of Danny Ferry and somebody complain about officiating and the T-wolves shooting the lights out. Well guys, it's the NBA. If you don't guard the three point line and give up open looks, these guys are going to make them. It's like they expected the Spurs to turn it on at any minute. They finally piped down in the fourth quarter when the differences in execution by that point were glaringly obvious.

Minnesota starters really played well and contained the Spurs all game. The Spurs should be a playoff team if they don't get hit by old age and injury. Don't forget they were the number one seed in the west last year. Ginobli fractured his 5th metacarpal right before halftime, so who knows what will happen in this short season, maybe they'll end up being stinkers.

Beasley got 19 on 15 shots, Love had 24 and 15 against rebounding studs DeJuan Blair and Tim Duncan, 19 on 10 shots and 9 assists for Ridnour, Wes' stand, catch, and shoot netted him 14. Darko submitted 10 points. Ricky's shot wasn't falling tonight while others' were, and he finished with 6 points and 3 assists, including a nice lob to Derrick Williams for a reverse dunk (Williams was 3 for 3 with 7 points in 12 minutes). Wolves 3 point and all around field goal percentage was 57%, so they got some good looks at the basket.

I wish this team had beat Milwaukee and they'd be right where they needed to be. Memphis, yet another playoff team, comes to town Wednesday night. It's going to be fun to watch this team play a down team like Washington, New Jersey, or Charlotte. Then you will see some flash I would expect. Still, it's fun to watch the team and expect a competitive game.