• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2011-2012

Scott M

I wish Marbury would've stayed with KG here. Too bad it didn't work out.

Love is da man and Rubio needs to step up a bit. He seems frazzled lately

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• ozzie

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a great cover! I agree, I wish Marbury would have stayed, or better yet we would have never traded Allen for him. That team probably would have won a title.

Interesting fan post I saw on the T'Wolves site:

(Last night's) win makes the T'Wolves 9-2 vs. Portland, Houston, Dallas & San Antonio this year. Over the previous four seasons, the T'Wolves were a combined 2-57 versus those teams.

That's a telling stat right there. We CAN play with the best teams out there right now. I'm not saying we're hoisting the trophy at the end of the year, but I'm not saying it's impossible or far away, either. We have one of the most exciting young teams in the league and are a piece or two away from serious contention for several years. The famine is over!

I might be the only guy on here that once subscribed to SLAM, but this makes me want to buy another issue:

slam-cover-goes-retro-with-rubio-and-lov

I was thinking I need to go out and buy the new one also as I use to get all the Slam mags and I have the starbury/KG one still. Funny shtuff

MVP is the most valuable player of the league not somebody's who's on a crappy team and gets all the shots and stats because his team is average at best. And rightfully so.

He could finish as high as 3rd but probably 4th is more realistic if things go well... smile

Lebron, Durant and Rose everbody else this year are pretenders.

Rubio and Love Rule the World... Nice~

MVP is the most valuable player of the league not somebody's who's on a crappy team and gets all the shots and stats because his team is average at best. And rightfully so.

He could finish as high as 3rd but probably 4th is more realistic if things go well... smile

Lebron, Durant and Rose everbody else this year are pretenders.

Rubio and Love Rule the World... Nice~

But no Dwight Howard on your list?

Hmmmmmmmm

It is going to be a tough game tonight against the Lakers. We never play them good, and the Lakers have lost 2 in a row, and pretty sure they dont want to go 3 in a row, especially against the measely Timberwolves. A win would be great, but I dont see it happening.

We always stuggle against the Lakers, but they have been god awful away from LA this year. It would be a big win for us, before that 7 game road trip.

Wolves have no answer for Bynum on the inside, and nobody who can guard Gasol. Their best hope is that Kobe continues to try to play the hero, jacking up terrible shot after terrible shot, and goes 7 for 31 like he has been.

Interesting fan post I saw on the T'Wolves site:

(Last night's) win makes the T'Wolves 9-2 vs. Portland, Houston, Dallas & San Antonio this year. Over the previous four seasons, the T'Wolves were a combined 2-57 versus those teams.

That's a telling stat right there. We CAN play with the best teams out there right now. I'm not saying we're hoisting the trophy at the end of the year, but I'm not saying it's impossible or far away, either. We have one of the most exciting young teams in the league and are a piece or two away from serious contention for several years. The famine is over!

The Wolves need a 2 guard who can score and a consistent (i.e. NOT Beasley) 6th man, and they're in business. A true center would be nice, but there are so few of them anymore, that might be a tough order to fill.

I AM satisfied with Pek as our center...he is only getting better the more he plays

Word out is Pau was traded from the Lakers, but it hasnt been confirmed. If it is true, it will give us a better chance to win tonight, if they dont have Pau

I AM satisfied with Pek as our center...he is only getting better the more he plays

looks like his play has been going downhill lately

Too bad we should have had that one. Fun game to watch though Pek was a machine. Ricky continues to make some critical mistakes hopefully the knee is okay.

The Wolves gagged that game away. Very disappointed at the blocking call on Rubio that decided the game. He was squared up to Kobe, and Bryant lowered his shoulder and ran over Rubio. It's MN's fault for not putting away the game when they had a chance, but I hate that call against Rubio. Complete talk. Hope his knee is OK.

Is it just me or do other teams get way more calls with their big men with the ball in the paint.

Love has to be hacked to near death to get the calls Bynum was getting tonite.

Just disgusting .

Oh and the horrid call cost the gopher their game tonite.

Ouch

it gets almost comical (if you think a grown man yelling at the refs in the TV comical) watching the refs when Williams gets by Kobe and Blake(?) gets his rebound goes back up gets slapped across the arm by Bynum scores no call and then on the other end Bynum does a one hand shot barely gets touched if at all and they send him to the line with the and 1. The Lakers are the most frusterating team to watch cause the refs favor them so much it ain't funny. Just ask Adelman what he thinks of the Lakers......Hopefully Rubio is ok with Barrea out we are getting thin at PG- who woulda thunk it....GO WOLVES

Sounds like Ricky might have a torn ACL, and will be out for the year. Looks like we might be seeing Lee on the court very soon here. Bummer!

Rubio torn ACL, out for season. WHY NOT? Mauer, Morneau, Koivu, AP, Rubio.... Just another day in loserville USA! Gotta love to be a MN sports fan... its just wonderful

Makes me sick. You are correct it just seems like all of our teams are cursed. Tough deal for the kid. Oh well maybe things will work out next year....... cry

Hopefully last nights game isn't a symbol of what will happen the rest of the year now but I'm not too optimistic. Although Rubio didn't have the greatest stats in the world he definitely brought an energy that will be missed. Alot of turnovers last night and terrible defense against one of the worst teams in the league. Whats really troubling is the fact that Love and Pek had very good games once again and we still lost because we are so darn inconsistent everywhere else on the team! The majority of players on the team just cannot be counted on.

Brutal and he's going to miss the Olympics too!

I guess the positives are, one, Knee surgeries have come along way and you can now expect a full recovery for the most part. Two he'll have plenty of time in the weight room to get stronger particularly the upper body where he needs it most. And although not ideal he'll be refreshed mentally as this kid has played a tremendous amount of basketball at his age and that wears on you.

Darn it tho!

Well, I am thinking it will be back to the less then mediocre play like last season. Rubio was the spark on offense. At this point I think we ride the season out, and if we do make any trades, it is just to clear cap space for next season. I dont htink they should throw money, or trade assets away to try to save this season anymore. Sucks, but being a MN sports fan, we get used to it.

Bummer to come back to civilization this weekend and find out Rubio tore his ACL. It's not the same as losing Love but it certainly hurts.