• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2011-2012

Scott M

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• ozzie

Top Posters In This Topic

Never have understood the hype for Ridnour. Huge liability when the shot isn't falling. Adelman really looked tired and confused last night. Locker room troubles?

I was thinking that we should go after Mayo in free agency as the Griz did not make an offer to him. I don't think there is a whole lot of hype with Ridinour but he is a decent shooter and he is a player that will hustle and is a big plus for this team right now. I mean the guy is starting even when he has to guard guys such as Metta World Peace who are a head+ taller than him and are alot thicker than he is and he still holds his own...

Didn't we have him?... smirk

I did not watch a second of the game last nite as it was a College hoops banaza!

Yes, and we got Love for him! And we can get him again, for little or nothing now, and he is better then any SG on our team x10

Beasley takes the most contested shots of any player I think I've ever seen. I just cringe every time he gets the ball.

Ridnour was terrible on both ends of the court the last few games. The other teams 2 guards keep having career games against us. Adelman didn't even try Ellington or Webster until the 4th quarter against Memphis.

Beasley takes the most contested shots of any player I think I've ever seen. I just cringe every time he gets the ball.

I agree, although I dont mind him off the bench, where his minutes can be limited if his shot isnt falling. Then if things are going his way, leave him in.

Ridnour was terrible on both ends of the court the last few games. The other teams 2 guards keep having career games against us. Adelman didn't even try Ellington or Webster until the 4th quarter against Memphis.

Webster was in at the end of the first half against Memphis when he foulded Mayo as he was going to take an off balance last second way out there 3 pointer!!

Wow, i've seen middle school teams take care of the ball better than that. I think their depth may be hurting them a little bit. When is Ellington gonna get some minutes. He has been huge for us in games, and hasn't been seeing any meaningful minutes for quite some time. I think they said a stat that we were shooting around 25% from outside the paint these last 3 or 4 games.

We've got LINsanity coming to town tomorrow. That kid is unbelievable. Goes from the 14th player on the Knicks bench and sleeping on his friends couch to going head to head against Kobe, and getting MVP chants in MSG. Should be fun to watch Lin and Rubio duel.

I think Beasely reached his cap for value, lets put a package together with him, and a few others, and get us a SG. We got to many guys thinking they can pass the ball like Ricky, we also have Ricky making dumb passes, they need to quit trying to make Espn replays, and try to win the games.

Went to the game last night and Dallas looked like they were in shape compared to the first couple of wins against them when we made them look old.

Luke=Puke last 3 games. Wes 1 point first 20 minutes played, getting very consistent at that. Webster looks lost, he needs a more up tempo team. Start Beasley. Too many games down 10 in the first quarter.

Wes should be sent down to the D league to learn how to score again.

No scoring out of the point and shooting guards is killing them.

I think Beasely reached his cap for value, lets put a package together with him, and a few others, and get us a SG. We got to many guys thinking they can pass the ball like Ricky, we also have Ricky making dumb passes, they need to quit trying to make Espn replays, and try to win the games.

Yes. No one on this team can score every night outside of Love. Ricky is awesome at what he does but he is not a guy who can put up points every night. When you only have one consistent scorer on your team there is no way we can play with teams like Dallas. They are starting to click now as well, I knew they would come around alot of talent on that team.

They tanked at the end of the game. No reason they should have lost that. Anyone else go crazy when Ridnour absolutely hacked Lin in a tie game as he was throwing up a prayer. They played Lin decent, but he still got his, just wasn't exactly feelLIN it as he was before. Love played another great game. Ge has played LOVEly all year long.

Rubio needs to play a little smarter, and we need to have a good 2. Not really sure why we keep putting Wes out there, with little to zerooutput from him. Unfortunately other teams are seeing our weakness, and they are attacking it. We need to fill the 2 spot, or we will be lucky to be anywhere close to .500 this year. The team chemistry is already starting to implode. Address it before it is to late.

Ridnour 2-7 shooting. Probably tore it up on defense though. Right? Didn't get a chance to watch last night. Would've Rubio's assists more than doubled again if this team could hit wide open shots?

I realize we are past this but I read today that Love and Scola met after the game (stomping incident) for a drink. Scola ended up flying out the next day. Thought that was pretty cool.

I wouldn't mind getting an O.J Mayo or Ben Gordon type player in at the 2 guard. Both are under 6'5 though and are averaging under 15 points a game. I'm sure those numbers could come up a bit but we it would be nice to get a guard who has some size and can consistently score 20+ a game. The sooner they make a move the better.

I realize we are past this but I read today that Love and Scola met after the game (stomping incident) for a drink. Scola ended up flying out the next day. Thought that was pretty cool.

]

I wouldn't mind getting an O.J Mayo or Ben Gordon type player in at the 2 guard. Both are under 6'5 though and are averaging under 15 points a game. I'm sure those numbers could come up a bit but we it would be nice to get a guard who has some size and can consistently score 20+ a game. The sooner they make a move the better.

Im sure they just give those guys away at your nearest shooting guard garage sale.... Easier said then done, i think we're gonna have to wait until FA this offseason to do anything because we dont have any assets to trade to GET anything in return...

Im sure they just give those guys away at your nearest shooting guard garage sale.... Easier said then done, i think we're gonna have to wait until FA this offseason to do anything because we dont have any assets to trade to GET anything in return...

Slobs, I didn't say it would be easy or that they would be just given away. Its called trading for a player you have a higher value for than the team who may be wanting to deal the player, in return they fill needs they have or free up salary room. There is no reason to wait until the offseason if we can make a deal now. As others have stated why allow this team to struggle the rest of the year mainly because they don't have a capable 2 guard if there are several different options available which there are?

Here are a couple tidbits from the Bleacher Report.

Mayo: With extensions to Mike Conley, Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph over the past few seasons, Mayo is unlikely to resign with the Grizzlies this offseason.

With that being said, the playoff bound Grizzlies may look to move Mayo in an attempt to restock their already weak bench for another run deep into the playoffs.

Mayo fits Minnesota’s need at shooting guard perfectly. At 6’5”, Mayo’s ability to knock down open shots and create his own scoring opportunities makes him a great compliment to Rubio.

In addition, the Wolves would have enough cap flexibility to resign Mayo to a long-term deal—if he’s willing take a deal around $32 million for four years.

With Memphis’s lack of depth at point guard and in the frontcourt (until Randolph’s return), a deal of Mayo and Quincy Pondexter for Luke Ridnour and Anthony Randolph could be a good starting point for a deal.

Ben Gordon: By drafting rookie point guard Brandon Knight and resigning combo guard Rodney Stuckey this offseason, the Pistons are ready and willing to move the overpaid reserve Gordon.

Minnesota has both the cap flexibility and the need for a player like Gordon. Gordon’s greatest asset could be his ability to be an effective scorer without having the ball in his hands.

Similar to the role he played in Chicago when paired with Derrick Rose, Gordon would be asked to come off screens and knock down open jump shots while allowing the offense to run through Rubio.

Gordon could have great success in a Rick Adelman offense that has proved well for shooters such as Peja Stojakovic and Kevin Martin in the past. Detroit will most likely be interested in acquiring some frontcourt help and some future salary cap relief.

Dealing Ben Gordon and Austin Daye for Martell Webster, Nikola Pekovic and Anthony Randolph addresses both.

Quote:
Yes, and we got Love for him! And we can get him again, for little or nothing now, and he is better then any SG on our team x10

I knew that, another one of McHales bonehead moves that he got ripped for....crazy don't make me bump the OJ Mayo vs Kevin Love thread...

grin

Q:where is he "McHale" at again?

A:Doing a better job coaching the Rockets then Adlemen could the last 2 years.

fishersofmen, i agree with you, we need a shooting guard... i just dont think we have enough to trade to get a good shooting guard. Just a guy that could shoot 35% or higher from 3 point range would be nice with rubio passing him the ball

I think we have pieces to get Mayo or Gordon but I would never include Pek in a trade currently unless we are getting a great deal as his value is rising and if we deal him then we are back to looking for another decent center...not saying Pek is the overall answer at center but he is proving to be the best option we have seen at the position in possibly our franchise history!!!

Pek is easely our second best player right now. I wouldnt give him up! I would however drop anyone on the team except Love/Pek/Rubio, all the rest of them can go.

yep I am with you on that as it would take some nice players/draft picks to part with Love/Rubio/Pek but the rest of the team can be dealt with no remorse...

C'mon David Kahn get on the phone and make something happen soon!!

Will someone please make a shot!!! Rubio should have twice as many assists than he has. Wes Johnson and Webster both look completely lost on offense.

FI

another terrible, dis-interested looking game for a team in loserville usa! get blown out by a terrible orlando squad...

I agree another terrible game. I'd start Beasley. I can't believe that I almost wanted Tolliver to get some minutes tonight. They need to make some shots or the middle won't open up for Rubio and Berea to drive and the bigs to work inside. Love doesn't seem to be a difference maker for somebody that gets 25 and 15.