• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2011-2012

Scott M

Not to beat this like a dead horse, but if we would have had a regular SG on the floor, instead of Ridnour, that missed layup would have been a slam dunk, and the game.

I knew it was going to be a tough game, and we played them well, much better then the last game we played them. The season isnt over, we lost against a good team, that will happen. It was a back to back game, and we lost Pek, our biggest spark plug of the season. They made it an interesting game, and we are what we are, a good, not great young team. I think we will still finish the season at or above .500, inwhich was what I was hoping, and what I predicted them to be. The trade deadline is still a couple weeks away, and we have some movable pieces. We can either trade away Williams and some filler, for a good player, or keep Williams, and trade away other players, for a ok SG/SF, which will be an improvement on what we have now. Then shoot for a good wing in the offseason. I dont see any reason to trade away our future, or empty our bench to get a player this season, we arent winning it all this year anyway, even though as fans, we want them to get someone now, but I trust Kahn, and Taylor will do what is best for the team for the long run.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• ozzie

Top Posters In This Topic

a few days later and i'm still not sure if what webster did is more or less embarrassing than robert smith running out of bounds.

Haha, Bob Smith could have become a medical doctor...Webster has a high school diploma. Smith's play was one of several that killed the 98 Vikings.

Glad I turned on the 4th quarter versus Utah. Wolves were down all game, then it became a free throw battle and Minnesota blinked first when Rubio missed one. Big Al tied it at 98, then Ridnour hits a teardrop as the buzzer sounds. He's got one of the best floaters in the league. Hopefully this is a spring to better things to come in the second half of the season. Go Wolves!

Ridnour makes up for last game's missed layup and seals the victory for the Twolves at the buzzer. Tonight was a great night of MN basketball, even though the Gophers just blew the game against Mich. State.

Good to see D Will breakout tonight! Him and JJ were pretty much the whole offense during that comeback. This allstar break couldn't come soon enough. Love looked absolutely exhausted out there, even in the 1st quarter. Those big minutes may be starting to catch up to him. Has Luke ever missed one of those floaters?

It was a fun game to be at tonight... The crowd was really into it the 2nd half. Glad to see that Love and Rubio don't need to carry the team every night in order for them to win.

Ricky looked good in the game last night. Wasn't very fun to watch though for me anyway. Well maybe for the first half then its just alot of the same.

I thought the rising stars game was decent to watch. Mainly just cause Rubio was in it, and whens the last time we had a flasher player like that to watch. How bout K-Love in the 3 pt contest. Gotta be the first time the leagues leading rebounder won the 3 pt contest lol. And that dunk contest... tired

Rubio will be fun to watch in future all star games, he's the perfect guy for all those athletes. Williams didn't do much in the rising stars game.

Love won the ugliest three point shooting contest I can remember, but good for him. It just goes to show what a versatile player he is.

Williams had some nice dunks but I think he would get more love if he completed them on the first attempt. These days it's more about props than dunks, so if he gets invited back he'll have to dream up something cool.

Got offered great tickets to the Clips game week after next and I have evening plans in Mankato...skadlfjasdfk;l!!!! I was pretty bummed to turn those down. Still haven't been to a game, but I am going to go dangit. Might even call up a few HSO folks and see if I can get a caravan. If I pick a game, I'll post it up and here and maybe a few of us regular readers can meet up.

K Love shows his efficiency with 17 pts in 17 minutes in the All Star Game. He had the best +/- of anyone.

Back to the regular season...

good to see he won the 3 point contest and got some good exposure in the all star game, maybe the wolves will get some recognition this year

It was a nice ASG for the Timberwolves over all. Now back to work. We have a tough schedule out west for our next few games. Hopefully we can come out from this western play still at .500.

Let the trade rumors fly over the next couple weeks.

Quote:
The Timberwolves have "inquired" on the availability of Anthony Morrow.

Minnesota was rebuffed when the Nets said that they planned on keeping him in the fold, but it's obvious that the Timberwolves are in the market for a shooting guard. That shouldn't be a surprise considering it's been the popular sentiment since before the season began, and it's clear the team is searching for ways to upgrade the offensive production it has received from the position.

At this point, I just want an upgrade at SG, I dont care who it is. Mayo, Ellis, Morrow, I dont care, get someone here! We are in a tough stretch right now, playing the weat coast teams, and we could sure use a good SG to help us with that.

We have some valuable players on our team that can be used in a trade. We have an extra point guard, and eiterh Luke, or JJ could be dealt, and both are average or above. We have Beasely, and AR, both with potential, and both with expiring contracts, and teams may be interested just to trade for them to clear cap space in the offseason to go after Dwight, or whoever. We have Williams, which, I would like to hold onto and see if he can convert to the 3 position this offseason. We also can deal Miller, for an expiring, although, he doesnt have much for player value. Wes, and Webster has good defense.

How bout that game? That was an awesome 4th quarter to watch! D Will could not miss. Never seen someone so locked in. Then the crossovers, breaking ankles like he's Allen Iverson or something lol. Then Beasley shows us why he was the #2 pick. He couldn't miss either. I think they started the quarter like 10-10. Great to get another win in Staples agains the Clips, especially with Love and Rubio both having really tough games. Darko play good D in the second half too. He shut them down inside.

Great Win, lets get another one tomorrow against the Lackers. I think Kobe may be out with a concussion...

Williams and Beasley just automatic down the stretch there. The Clippers seemed content to let them take those long jumpers and they paid the price for it.

.5 game out of the playoff race if they can beat the lakers and the suns that should get some teams nervous about the wolves

I fell a sleep at the begining of the 4th mad

It was very nice of Beasely to increase his trade value in the market that wants him the most grin It sounds like maybe Love may be out a couple days as well with some sore ribs. It would be great to take out the Lakers as well, and if it is a Kobe-less team, they are still a tough team, but they are beatable. If Love is out a couple of games, it will give Williams, and Beasely a chance to get a few minutes, and display their game.

My thing with Beasley and the LA market is who would we want? They are not going to get rid of Gasol or Kobe or Bynum for Beasley and they won't have any draft picks we would want unless they have something from someone else...the Clippers don't really have what we need but picks maybe...well they do but they won't give it up. I just hope other teams are falling for Beasleys smoke and mirror game and take a chance on him and give us something that we can use now like a SG

Oh and that performance by B EAZY and D Will was unreal. Smooth moves and everything finding the bottom of the net!!! Go Wolves!!!!

I think, not that it was ever going to happen, that we can put the Williams trade rumors to rest.

And Barrera has been huge of late and who-ever said that was a bad pick-up please amend those comments... smile