• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

World Juniors Right Around the Corner...

solbes

Yah, there might be a little alch in there shelf beers, but come on. I think we can find craft beer in mn and wis alone to top them canadians.

Molson, Moosehead, Kokanee, Labatt, nah just poor me a summit.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• solbes

Top Posters In This Topic

Good article cbrooks found. I don't get why they hate us so much either. But refreshing to see that at least one guy doesn't go with the flow.

I hope there's more than just a few that have that opinion. I know if he US fans booed a country any country at a sporting event I would be mortified. Its one thing to cheer for your team but the nature of how the Canadian fans do it is classless. It seems to me from talking to people that its politics. I also gathered that in 1998 I think the US took gold in the Olympics beating Canada. That was the team that Bret Hull play on. Well the story with that is Bret Hull is technically born in Canadian but he was a dual citizen and choose the US team instead of Canada. Thats one theory of how the bad blood started.

Boo hoo, Brett Hull played for the US. He lives here, he went to college here, he played in the hearland of the US for the majority of his career (St Louis and less time at Dallas). Geez, how many blue chip Canada players do they need? Not directing this at you obviously, but they need to chill out a little about their hockey.

Canada beat the Finn 4-0 and kind of an interesting gold medal game happening right now. Sweden out shooting Russia 39-5 through two periods but its still 0-0.

Pretty exciting 3rd period, 0-0 headed to OT. Please someone win soon, I would hate to have the gold decided by a shootout. Stupid international rules.

Should be one heck of an OT. Sweden has a ton of shots but the Russian goalie has been great.

I do not know if the Swedes can beat him.

Boy did the Swedes take it to Russia in the OT.

What a great heads up play and move on the goalie.

great to see the Swedes finally win after thier long drought.

Great game, happy to see Sweden pick up their first Gold in 30 years. For a small hockey country and they have really been producing some top end talent lately. Brodin and Larsson look like great pickups for the Wild.

In related news the USA U17 team lost to Russia in the gold medal game 7-4. Russia had two empty netters so it was a close game. Not quite the same tournament as Canada sends 3 regional teams instead of 1 team.

Wow was that Gold Medal game something. You see 58-16 on the shot tally and expect an 8-0 final score.

Couple thoughts - WOW can Brodin ever skate. Cannot wait to see that kid in Iron Range red. Sounds like his plan is to come here next year. The end to end skate when Gustafsson lost his stick was really something to see. I see why everyone's so high on Larsson now too. Larsson also turning pro next season. Guy is looking like a steal even as a second rounder. Wild suddenly have an embarrassment of riches in a few areas - especially young D-men and goaltenders.

All in all a fun tourney even if a disappointment for the US. Stinks that it's in Russia next year - hard to watch games at 3 AM...

All in all a fun tourney even if a disappointment for the US.

This is me too, very fun tournament with tons of skill and exciting hockey. There have been some crazy games over the years, you look at Russia amazing come back last year and Canadas almost comeback this year. I remember a few years back USA being up on Canada 3 or 4 to zip and having to go to some dumb new years party that didn't have the game on, wouldn't you know Canada comes storming back for the win. It totally sucked but you just don't see this stuff in the NHL. Must be why I prefer the college game most of the time.

Quote:
I dont get why we fly Canadian flags

It's pretty simple although often lost it seems with the younger generation these days.

It's called RESPECT!

I have most of the key games taped and will try to catch up with some of the great action and a top 3 sports event for me.

Bringing the flag back.....Respect for what. I get the youth rinks. People relate the flag to hockey, so put one up.

I could not believe the shots. Crazy.

I RESPECT my COUNTRY and MY FLAG!!! They sure do not show any respect to our athletes or us with their behaviour!!!! Give me a break!!!!

Good for Sweden by the way!!!

I didn't get to see any of the tourney, but reading about the Swedes that are coming up through the Wild's system sure is exciting. Sounds like Brodin and Larsson plan on coming to North America next year. Now, we just have to get Granlund signed.