• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
life=outdoors92

"we will see you tomorrow night"

life=outdoors92

really joe buck??? steal that from your dad and then don't even put any spunk into it?? ruined a great moment not only in MN sports history, but a game from the past. anyone else feel that way?

RumRiverRat

Joe Buck is not even 1/100th as good as his dad.

Joe Buck loves the sound of his own voice.

DooWap

My jaw pretty much dropped when I heard him say that. I'm glad I'm not the only one upset over it.

Harmonica Bear

Woop-dee-do. No one will ever take that 91 call away from me. Whether he was paying homage to his father or lacked the talent have his own stamp on a signature moment, I'm over it.

B. Amish

being that it was his dad and he said it exactly 20 years ago, i'll give him a slight pass because it was in his head and they were talking about it earlier in the game.

but, yeah come up with your own stuff. isn't that what every announcer dreams of? having a call go down in history?

jwhjr

Didn't bother me in the least

hawgchaser

Quote:
Didn't bother me in the least

Ditto! I thought it to be nice subtle tribute to his Pop!

Are you guys getting enough fiber in your diets? You seem rather grumpy. smirk

mrklean

if it was the twins playing i dont think anyone would have minded laugh

SkunkedAgain

Joe mentioned the phrase earlier in the broadcast since it was the 20th "anniversary" of it. I can't understand how any can be offended by it. The guy rekindled a great saying. The Twins and Twins fans don't have a copyright on it. The only person who could remotely ever have a reason to be offended is Joe Buck, and I'm pretty sure that he was fond of his son's tribute to him.

This is a non-discussion. What else do you guys get offended by?

ozzie

I watched from the bottom of the 9th inning on and I knew that he would probably go with that call if it came down to it. I hate Joe Buck as he is the most annoying announcer right with one of the Gumbals...Joe Buck is also the [PoorWordUsage] that was anouncing when Randy Moss fake mooned the GB fans and thought it was the worst thing ever to happen....what a dork!!

SledNeck

cant stand joe buck at all. No suprise he'd rip off his dad.

harvey lee

Who is this Joe Buck dude!!!

blue_healer_guy

Wow, a perfect opportunity. Its his dad for crips sake, 20th anniv and same conditions, 6th game etc. Like him or not i thought it was a great tribute. That might have been the most entertaining baseball game i ever watched.

Cicada

Who's version will be remembered next year? No big deal, tribute, although weak, to his Dad. Nice moment in spite of who said it.

greebs

nothing wrong with it imo.

RumRiverRat

Who is this Joe Buck dude!!!

A completely self absorbed announcer.

SledNeck

A completely self absorbed announcer.

the overreaction tantrum during the Randy Moss mooning was the last straw for me

paceman

Didn't bother me one bit. I was happy to hear it as it meant a game 7. Game 6 was just an amazing game. One of the best I have ever seen. But for the record I can't stand Joe Buck either......

PierBridge

nothing wrong with it imo.

wierd....I woulda thought you would have blamed Gardy for this too... grin

greebs

can only blame gardy for gardy stuff. he had nothing to do with this one.