• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dustin Byfuglien BWI

spearchucker

Not up on my drugs, but what would cause a brown stained tongue?

From the Strib...

Quote:
Dustin Byfuglien was under the influence of alcohol and a controlled substance when he was arrested on Lake Minnetonka on suspicion of boating while intoxicated near his offseason home, according to charges.

The Minnesota native and Winnipeg Jets defenseman took a preliminary breath test at the scene on the evening of Aug. 31 which registered his blood alcohol content at 0.031 percent; the legal limit for driving or boating in Minnesota is 0.08 percent. But Byfuglien also was subjected to drug-recognition testing by an expert with the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office, and it was that deputy's opinion that the NHL All-Star was "under the influence of a controlled substance."

The tests included the deputy checking Byfuglien's vital signs and noting a "distinct brown stain on his tongue." Also, according to the charges, Byfuglien said at the time that he had taken a muscle relaxer and that he takes supplements from "16 or 17" different bottles every day. He could not recall the names of the relaxer or the supplements, when the deputy inquired, the complaint added

I would assume that if he's openly telling people that he takes 16 or 17 supplements a day, he is probably directed to do so by a trainer. The BWI part of is isn't a big deal. The supplements part of it isn't even news.

Root beer flavored tootsie pop. If he wasn't an nhl player they would have never taken it this far.

Do you think they even knew who he was though? This whole thing is a little weird to me.

What a dumb story. He was under the legal limit. Let him go. If officer thought something was up, bring him in for further testing. I've heard buffy wasn't coperative and played the nhl card. Which could cause the officer to retaliate to bring him in for further questioning.

He said he was on muscle relaxers which when mixed with even a tad of booze...could make you a little goofy, or killed if taken in high doses.

Anyway, not sure what the brown substance was, but who cares. Seems like we hear of 5 football players every month who were driving 120 mph or were above the legal limit. Not sure why this story got so much attention.

Obviously he was impaired and should not have been operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

I do agree he'll probably walk on this for the most part!

under the influence of a controlled substance leaves alot to the imagination..it could be that he had pot in his system or it could have been something worse...what would cause a brown spot on his tongue is beyond me and my knowledge from my haite ashberry (sp) days!!

As I used to do some drives with deputy sheriff's that brown tongue could be, could be from a not so clean pipe, it's called resin, the gooey crud from an uncleaned 1 hitter or pipe, there's no filter system so the user needs to clean his or her equipment, big buff didn't clean his equipment and if you are out in a boat using that tool it would be difficult to clean it, the more use it gets the nastier it gets. If it were to leak out on your tongue it would be nasty and take a day or 2 before your tongue is back to normal, it's sticky and gross. Just a guess, in football or basketball college and up you are in the minority if you're not using or at least dabbled in it. Go to any college hoops team party and it smells like willie nelsons RV.

Obviously he was impaired and should not have been operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

Obvious how?

Maybe the obvious was that mug shot where he looked as stoned as Randy Moss after his traffic stop driving the wrong way etc. up that avenue, every blue moon huh Randy. He must have a blue skylight in his pad. Just a guess. Who cares really, big buff don't stanley cup champ for life, financially set for life who cares and now he plays in Canada so bring on the potent brew baby.

Obvious how?

"But Byfuglien also was subjected to drug-recognition testing by an expert with the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office, and it was that deputy's opinion that the NHL All-Star was "under the influence of a controlled substance."

Not of us were there that I know of, so all you have is the police report. I guess you either believe it or not.

Who cares really, he can do unto himself whatever he wants with whatever chemicals he chooses. I promise I'm addicted to mountain dew, can not get through a day without, that's my chemical, caffeine. Good Luck with Winnepeg big buff !

Who cares really, he can do unto himself whatever he wants with whatever chemicals he chooses. I promise I'm addicted to mountain dew, can not get through a day without, that's my chemical, caffeine. Good Luck with Winnepeg big buff !

I agree with that except when you are in a vehicle it can affect or harm other people.

True that chucker he should not get blitzed if he's operating anything, people that roll the dice that way long enough may pay the price themselves or by taking out someone that is wrong place wrong time.