• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hockey Season

Bear55

I can't wait to see our real first line in action. I heard the PMB-Cullen-LDT line did well. I'm hoping the 2nd period collapse was due to inexperience. Yeo needs to get on that before it becomes a habit.

Only 21 shots on goal. What's with them always getting out shot by big numbers. I know they still usually get out shot even when they win, but c'mon you can't be getting out shot every game. Even with new coaches they still do it. Even though we are through 1 preseason game and im alreading judging confused

Just wait til the game in St Louis. Here's the lineup (thanks to the strib):

FORWARDS

Kris Foucault-Zack Phillips-Brett Bulmer

Jeff Taffe-Warren Peters-Jed Ortmeyer

Colton Gilles-Eric Nystrom-Brad Staubitz

Jarod Palmer-Taylor Peters-Carson McMillan

DEFENSE

Marco Scandella-Nate Prosser

Justin Faulk-Jordan Hendry

Tyler Cuma-Chay Genoway

This game would be an interesting one to watch with all of our young guys out there.

That is an interesting line up, it will be fun to see who steps up and plays well. I wouldn't mind seeing St. Louis dress a lot of regulars so they can get a good test.

Only 21 shots on goal. What's with them always getting out shot by big numbers. I know they still usually get out shot even when they win, but c'mon you can't be getting out shot every game. Even with new coaches they still do it. Even though we are through 1 preseason game and im alreading judging confused

There were a lot of young players playing that will probably not make the team anyway. I listened on the radio and it seemed that they dominated the game if you take away the 2nd period.

The Wild are 2-0 preseason for the first time in 5 years! wink Next game might actually give some insight on what this team is going to look like. Sounds like both the Wild and CBJ are dressing most of their real guys, including full first lines.

I wish they'd air some of these preseason games. At least the home ones or the ones that actually dress NHL players.

I wish they'd aire them too. Twins games? Please end the baseball season already.

They are on KFAN radio. Online or over the air. Bob Kurtz and Tome Reid do a great job.

When you are at a day game watching the pathetic Twins, and you can't drink a single beer without breaking into a case of the unending shivers, it's time to move on to hockey season. Gimme Wild and gimme Bulldogs!!! 14 days to opener at Amsoil.

I'll try the KFAN route also, good tip

The game was pod casted. I watched it. Heatley 2 goals including the game winner in OT and Seto had one. That line controlled the play when they were on the ice. 4-3 win.

Sounds like the NHL is getting tougher on illegal hits. Staubitz is probably going to get suspended for his hit from behind and CBJs Wisniewski is too for his hit to Clutterbuck's head.

Hopefully Shanahan has a bigger pair than Campbell did when it comes to suspensions.

Good to hear Heatley got out and did something his first game out there with teh tea.

I think the top line had 8 points between them if I heard correctly. Not bad, hoping this carries to the regular season.

Tonights game is streaming live online tonight!

http://video.wild.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=616&id=124922&navid=DL|MIN|home

Thanks for posting it, this is the first hockey I've watched since the cup...it's been too long.

The parts that I saw, the Wild had a tough time in their own zone. Zidlicky especially with his turnover behind Backstrom that led to the game winning goal.

I was at the game, wow talk about an empty rink. 8000 fans id say.

The wild have a lot of work to do, especially moving the puck out of the d zone. Backstrom needs to get a lot better too. The new first line is gonna be a top line in the nhl. I was very surprised at how much defense heatley plays. Almost the opposite of gaborick. Several times he was all the way behind our net helping out. Our second line needs some help. Barely noticed ltd and bouchard still just jumps around out there and misses on his passes. Powerplay is a work in progress but shoujld be good.

Things are looking up, but we have a long ways to go and a short time to get there.

Oh and look for high scoring games if we are gonna win. Id expect to give up 3 goals every game.

Which means heatley needs 40, seti needs 30 and koiuvu is gonna need 25 with 50 assists.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounded like his camp wasn't so good this year. That couple with last year's performance, it's not so surprising.

At least this shows the rest of the team that there is some accountability for your performance. I think that's something the Wild has lacked in previous years.

So, who get's moved up to take his place? Bulmer?

Mayb bulmer for awhile, I'm doubting he will be up long. I'm thinking powe is better for the 3rd line and I am hoping we don't kee bulmer up to play on the 4th line. I'm guessing kassian spends more time up now,which makes me wonder if staubitz is next to go. Suely we don't need 2 middle weights out there

Yeah, Staubitz has to feeling it right now. He does seem like the odd man out.

From what I've heard, Powe is centering the 4th line and Bulmer is on the 3rd. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

I am really hoping for good seasons out of the gophs and the wild. Mn hockey needs it. It seems like people just lose interest in the sport at all levels when the teams are bad. Kids turn off fsn and turn on their playstations.

M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A, minnesota, minnsota, yahhhhhhhh Gopherssssss,. We should statr doing that at wild games. Always seems likethere is something missing at their games after they score. Especially whe u only score 1 a game.

I agree, that whole clapping thing is getting old. Seriously, how pumped are you after a goal, then the cheer is everyone clapping to that terrible guitar solo. Awful.

That's one thing I really miss about college hockey. The cheers are way better.