• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hockey Season

Bear55

It was nice and cool this morning, I checked the local outdoor rinks but no ice yet. Not too much longer now. wink

WCHA first offical practices open Oct 1

Wild 2011-2012 Minnesota Wild Training Camp Scrimmages

Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18

10 AM – 11 AM

FREE ADMISSION

Gate 1 opens at 9:50 AM

I know the rinks around my place don't get going until mid Dec...but I still check late November. I love outdoor hockey. It just brings me back to being a 10yo kid skating all day during xmas break.

Brooks - No way the Jets finish above the Wild in the standings this year. The Gophs...well...who knows.

I'm getting pumped for sure, won't be long now. I'll be buying some college hockey tickets in a little more than a week when they go on sale. Have a hotel reservation for the banner raising game on Oct 7th in Amsoil.

And I'm feeling some hope for the Wild for the first time in awhile. I like most of the changes they've made over last years team. Watch out in 3 years, this team may be really good.

I'm sending brooks to canada for good. Your favorite teams are both from there.

Wild are looking good. I'm pumped. There is no doubt either team is making the playoffs. I love this cool weather too. Frost on the ground at the cabin this morning. That means big muskies, monster smallies, oktoberfeast beer and watering holes just empty enough where I am even welcome.

I pray for a long fall season.

]I'm sending brooks to canada for good. Your favorite teams are both from there.

He might be some kind of Canadian spy. Likes the Sioux and Jets but also claims to be a fan of USA hockey, I don't know what to make of him. grin

I am pretty excited for the Wild to fire up their season, they might make the playoffs or they might fall on their face but it will be an interesting season that is for sure. We are probably a year or three away yet but the future looks good for the first time in a long long time.

I like the Wild's chances to make the playoffs. Offense should be improved. I think the key is Latendresse. If he is in as good of shape as they are saying and can do better than 2 years ago that should help a ton over last year.

Even if they don't make the playoffs, I agree the future looks bright.

He might be some kind of Canadian spy. Likes the Sioux and Jets but also claims to be a fan of USA hockey, I don't know what to make of him. grin

Darn. I was hoping no one would remember how I went off the deep end during Jrs last year. I'm warming up to the Jets so far but I'm not emotionally invested in them too much yet. I tried to be a wild fan but it just didn't happen.

Not ready to make in wild prediction if the Jets finish ahead of the Wild. I can't imagine the Wild having real high expectation after last year. Who else did they add to there roster besides Danny Heatly?

]I'm sending brooks to canada for good. Your favorite teams are both from there.

[shaking my head] Gosh darn it Scott. I'm gonna make a rule, no one can call the Sioux a bunch of Canadians anymore. There's maybe 8....10 at the most on there team. I'm sure there's plenty of other colleges out there that have the same number of people from Canada.

Who else did they add to there roster besides Danny Heatly?

Not so much of who they added, but also who they got finally rid of.

IN: Heatley, Setoguchi, Lundin

OUT: "Can't find the open net" Mittens, Barker, Havlat, Burns, and Sheppard

Heatley and Setou are shoot first. Havlat was more pass first. Assuming Granlund will come up in the next season or two, and Lats & PMB stay healthy we are looking pretty good. Finally cut ties with Mittens, Barker, and Shep. Losing Burns' offense hurts some, but he gave up a lot of goals and had a lot of concussion issues.

Go WILD!

Losing Mittens and Barker will help. The addition of Seto and Heatley gives us two options. 1 - An awesome top scoring line, 2 - Two good scoring lines. The 3rd line of Clutts-Brodziak-Powe has some scoring potential, but huge shut down potential. Our 4th line is...well, our 4th line. Nystrom has some ability but needs improvement over last year.

I think the Wild took a giant leap forward this year. It's not going to guarantee a postseason, but they are finally moving in the right direction.

Who else did they add to there roster besides Danny Heatly?

Devin Setoguchi. The Wild will be the San Jose Sharks East this year.

Quote:
There's maybe 8....10 at the most on there team. I'm sure there's plenty of other colleges out there that have the same number of people from Canada.

Other than maybe Bemidgi I can't imagine a College team having more Can"smucks" than Nerth Dakota has ... smile

So close but you forgot one close neighbor to the great white north.

AA:16

BSU:14

ND:11

MTU:10

CC:7

SCSU:6

UMD:5

Wis:3

DU:3

UNO:3

MSU:2

Drum Roll Please for the Unexpected...UM:0

I was suprised the purple Mavs had so few, and also thought Duluth carried more than 5 typically. Of course none for the Gophers, though thre was one Canadian on the 2003 team smile

So North Dakota has a few canacks...big whoop. Makes them a easy target for all you HATERS when they win the WCHA again smile

Devin Setoguchi. The Wild will be the San Jose Sharks East this year.

The Wild are gonna need more than two players too make them a contender. Danny heatly best years are behind him. His production has drop off the last few years. He'll never be the 50 goal scorer again. Maybe Devin will break out.

So North Dakota has a few canacks...big whoop. Makes them a easy target for all you HATERS when they win the WCHA again smile

I don't neccessarily hate all Canucks, just the ones that wear green and play hockey at a hostile and abusive university.

I don't neccessarily hate all Canucks, just the ones that wear green and play hockey at a hostile and abusive university.

Haha smirk. We're not hostile and abusive anymore, the Reservation wants the logo to remain now. Its tough to know if the name is coming or going but it is no longer offensive I hope SCSU fans get the memo so there won't be any protesting going on when UND plays there in January.

I see Minnesota's bow season opens tomorrow Bear. Good luck to all that are going out. This canuck will be up in LOW Canada side trying to catch the big one this weekend.

Brooks it not the logo that cloud protests. Its that offensive hockey team.

I hope you got a big one up in the woods. I wen 53, 51 and 46 this weeknd.

"This canuck"

That explains the hating on Heatley. Even if he scores 30 goals this year it will be an improvement over Havlat. I do believe he's got the potential to give this team a legitimate offensive threat that we haven't had since Gabby. I don't believe that at 28 years old, he's washed up.

Will he use all of that potential? I hope so.

Holy, Nice fish SCott. Will you have pics on FB?I got to see the 53. I didn't get the big one this weekend but we had lot up to the boat on eights. It was tough controlling the boat in the wind over the weekend....Oh well bring on the hunting season.

OnFly, I thought Heatly was in his thirties already, guess I was wrong. In that case he should be hitting his prime. I admit I haven't paid close attention to the pros since the NorthStars. First time in a long time I will be looking forward to the NHL season. I'm gonna rip the Wild apart on this forum all season grin

Looking forward to it wink

First Wild-Jets game is DEC 13. We'll see then grin

BTW - Heater is 30, same age as Havlat. I don't know why I thought he was younger. I'll still take a 30yo Heater over Havlat.

Heatley should have plenty of gas left in the tank. I really think we bought him low and a big trade like this just might light a fire under his arse. It's hard not to see him scoring 30 goals and 40 is well within his range. He is going to get big time minutes and PP time with us. Seto is in the same boat, big time minutes and PP time so they will both have a chance to prove themselves after a slow year where they combined for 48 goals.

4-3 win with 2 goals by Spurgeon, 1 by PMB, and 1 by Palmer. Bound for the playoffs? Ahh, pre-season is so silly. Can't wait for the real opener.