• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Neat article on health, a shoulder procedure, and performance enhancers

mainbutter

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/08/02/nitkowski/index.html

Just kinda neat.

On top of that, the little tidbit about HGH solidifies my opinion that it should not be looked down on my sporting agencies. The line between "performance enhancers" and medicine gets really fuzzy at times, and HGH is right in there, but the pros for allowing certainly seem to outweigh any cons, from a "fair-play" standpoint and also from a "protect the players" standpoint.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• CigarGuy
      Quick update: Lucky 7 now has rainbows, fatheads, crappie and light pike in stock. If I remember correctly, scoop of rainbows was $8.99.  Stopped at L&M in Virginia. Rainbows $6.99, fatheads and crappie minnows (scoop) $3.99. I was billed $6.99 dozen for rainbows, but was given a healthy scoop!
    • smurfy
      🤣 you da friggin grammar police!🤔😒🤣
    • leech~~
      I have had the same old Strikemaster augers for years, take care of them and they will last a long time.   I think E-augers are nice for around home lakes or at the cabin. The thing that was a eye opener to me was being in D-Rock in New Brighton getting new blades and there were two guys that just got back from a week in Canada on a big ice fishing trip and both very pissed off at their e-augers dying! They were both buying new gas augers.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Things are shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener which takes place Saturday, May 11th.  Recent rain has brought up the water levels, which were low.  The walleyes and saugers are in very good shape across the south shore.  Expectations are high. The goto presentation this weekend will be a jig and frozen emerald shiner or other kind of minnow.  Emerald shiners are a staple in LOW and walleyes love them.     Hook the shiner through the mouth and out the gill.  Push the minnow all the way up to the jig head and hook the minnow as far back as possible.  This will give you a better hooking percentage.     Jig sizes and colors?  This is stained water so you can get away with a big heavier jig, which is nice for those who don't fish a lot.  It enables them to have more control and feel the bottom.  A quarter ounce jig is a good size for starters.     In stained water, gold, glow white, glow red, pink, orange and chartreuse, or a combo of those colors, are great places to start.   The limit of walleyes and saugers is a combined limit of six fish, up to four of the six can be walleyes.  All walleyes between 19.5 - 28.0 inches must be released.  One fish over 28.0 inches can be kept.  The possession limit in MN is one daily limit of fish. Whether intentionally or unintentionally, there will be some good pike caught this weekend.  The pike season on LOW is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one fish allowed more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. On the Rainy River...  Sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River has been excellent.  The catch and release season is May 8 - 15.  The keep season starts up again July 1st. FYI, there will be some nice walleyes in the Rainy River for the fishing opener.  Lots of sturgeon anglers are reporting big walleyes being caught on sturgeon rigs! Up at the NW Angle...  Angle resorts are ready to roll for the opener.  As many of you know, this is the area of LOW where the islands begin.  Lots of structure.     Go to spots for walleyes, neck down areas, shoreline breaks, points and bays which will have warmer water.  In true NW Angle form, be ready for a mixed bag of fish.  In addition to walleyes and saugers, pike, jumbo perch, crappies, and even a few smallies and muskies will be caught.   Again, the goto presentation will be a jig and minnow. Slow trolling a crankbait will also produce fish if need be.    
    • Mike89
      Totally disagree Gim. I have a gas Jiffy legend auger. Never issues. Take a little time to care for it before putting it away and good to go. Sincei started using non oxygen gas, startron and seafood in never have issues with my 2 strokes.   seafood???   I'd try seafoam!!!   🤣
    • smurfy
      Totally disagree Gim. I have a gas Jiffy legend auger. Never issues. Take a little time to care for it before putting it away and good to go. Sincei started using non oxygen gas, startron and seafood in never have issues with my 2 strokes.   Guess when them damb helicopters from my maple tree arrive I'll  find out how good she blows,  doubt I'll  get a chance first with Stormy to compare!🤭   Anyone got trumps number?😄
    • gimruis
      Wow, 600 bucks for a battery powered lawn mower?  Guess I didn't realize they costed that much.   I assume most people now are using battery augers in the winter.  I remember when they first came out everyone thought they were a joke.  Things sure have changed on that front.  I hardly see anyone using a gas auger anymore.   The selling point, at least for me, would be to avoid having to do any engine maintenance.  Small 2 stroke motors are a pain in the rear to maintain, and unreliable at best.
    • Mike89
      I'll bet she's better at it!!!!  
    • leech~~
      That thing should blow better then Stormy Daniels!  🤣🤣
    • smurfy
      Well yesterday I gave the green nazi's the middle finger 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.