• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports by Curt Quesnell

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• curt quesnell

• bturck

• LakeoftheWoods

• walleyejon

It doesnt matter where you fish for Walleyes, smart money puts you moving shallow for the last action of the day. Jeff Beckwith moved in shallow over the weekend and tells me about it today...click on the NCOR logo at the top of this page and check it out

Friday, Saturday and Sunday last weekend each feature a nasty front with wind and such. Fishing Lake of the Woods we slid to deeper water and stayed snug in the portable catching Sauger after Sauger. Fun day. Click on the NCOR logo at the top of this page to hear about the trip.

Angler organized for the common good. The NPAA, Johnnie Candle talks out the annual convention this weekend. click the NCOR logo a the top of this page to listen in.

I got Nels on the cell phone yesterday live from the ice. We talk about conditions and the fact that it seems MORE people are coming in already because of poor ice conditions around the state. Click the NCOR logo at the top of the page to listen in....

Nels does a great job out there on the lake and also has a ton of experience with the lake and how, when and where to fish it. He's got nice equipment and accomodations and just flat out does whatever he can to get folks on the fish! Great interview Curt!

These goofy ice conditions dont make fishing better or worse but different maybe... thats what we talk about today.. Click on the NCOR logo to listen in...

If you are looking for a way to do some good FOR fishing in general. You may want to join the NPAA. You dont need to be a big pro or guide either.

Listen to what Johnnie Candle talks about today. Click the NCOR Logo at the top of the page to check it out. (My application is in the mail)

Want the very latest skinny on what to expect this weekend. Click on the NCOR logo at the top of this page to hear Lake of the Woods Man Nick Painovich talk about what they are doing at Zippel Bay to deal with this odd winter.....

From Adrians Road to Spring Steel and everything in between. Access and fishing reports. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to get the podcast.

Be Smart Be Careful

Conditions in the north continue to improve and the fish seem to be biting just fine. Click the NCOR logo at the top of the page to listen in on my conversation with Jeff Beckwith from Scenic Tackle.

People coming to LOW from all over looking for decent ice to fish through.

On NCOR today I have a couple of things that new fishers will want to know as they plan for that first trip. The biggest thing would be to check the LOW forum at FM, a couple of others are available when you click the NCOR logo at the top of this page.

hey curt, a correction from your show today. You said pay your $8 bucks. but most roads are now charging 10 bucks.

I heard that rates were going up to 10 bucks. Still worth it.

Thanks

Some great advice there Curt. Tow straps, cel phone, GPS, extra propane, warm cloths, extra food and I like to bring a extra heater in case one dies on you. Oh and make sure your vehicle has a full tank of gas and some extra gas in a can isnt a bad idea either.

Being prepared just in case something goes bad is always a good idea.

I asked Johnnie Candle about the possibility of a crack or heave or rough ice being a better place to fish ...listen to what he has to say about it. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to listen in.

Bemidji area guide and all around good guy Matt Brewer will be at the Brainerd Jaycees Ice Fishing Extravaganza Feb 12th to give away a new

Crestliner Boat, Merc Outboard and trailer. Click on the NCOR logo at the

top of this page to get the details

ten bucks is still worth it, they certainly dont have to make roads. Cracks an ridges can be structure where ther is no structure, done well around them before, 2 cents

Its the Dennys Outdoor Sports Lake of the Woods fishing report. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page and get the latest possible info.

Not Walleye and not Lake of the Woods, but this is a good time to mix it up a go find big Bluegill. Jeff Beckwith has the skinny. click the NCOR logo at the top of this page for details.

Less than stellar crowds but a good time was had by those who showed up on Saturday at the Zippel Igloo. Click the NCOR logo at the top of this page to hear all about it on today's North Country Outdoors Radio

It was great to meet you guys too. Its exactly why we do those events. Thanks for stopping by.

Sorry I didn't make it over, but I couldn't force myself to leave the spot I was on. As often as I fish, I honestly can't remember having a better day of ice fishing...ever. Not only did my buddy and I catch well over 200 fish, there were only a handful that weren't keeper size. Hopefully if there is a summer get together I can make it.

It was cool to meet everyone at the Zipple Bay Igloo on saturday. I have to get back up there when that thing gets out on the lake and fish out of it. That things way cool!

To everyone I met at the igloo thanks for the company and friendship as well as the beverages. I hope to see some folks at next years event if there is one.

If any of you guys ever get my way e-mail me and we can get out fishin.

Sorry I didn't make it over, but I couldn't force myself to leave the spot I was on. As often as I fish, I honestly can't remember having a better day of ice fishing...ever. Not only did my buddy and I catch well over 200 fish, there were only a handful that weren't keeper size. Hopefully if there is a summer get together I can make it.

Where were you at silly? ha ha I know. good luck.

I'm gonna hook a leash to your truck next time!

Big boat show in the cities over the weekend. Lots of people attended and they were BUYING. Good news for the fishing industry. Crestliner/Mercury Pro Johnnie Candle was there and tell us all about it on todays North Country Outdoors Radio. Click on the NCOR link at the top of this page to listen in.

Mid week and things are looking good at Zippel Bay. Nick Painovich from Zippel Bay resort is on NCOR today with the latest news. Click on the NCOR logo above to listen in.

A new video tip recaps the DNR effort on LOW last weekend. Check it out.

todays show isn't posted again curt. is it in the works?

Something is hinky with getting the show up today. We are working on it.

Sorry. I breathe a big sigh of relief everyday when the up load works. Still holding my breath today. Watch the new vid tip in the mean time.

Curt

OK todays show is up and we got things figured out, Thanks for your patience.