• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

College Hockey - 2011/2012

solbes

Gophs will take 3-4 points this weekend, they are playing well right now and UND is in thier early season funk and not as strong of a team as last year.

I agree Bear. I'll be happy with a split for ND, but a MN sweep or maybe 3 points is probably more likely. ND showed some signs of life Saturday, but are not up to speed this year - and may not be with the lack of depth.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• solbes

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking gopher sweep unless the dirtbag sioux can knock us off our game and get us in the box. The game we lost we had 10 penalties. Nodak will be up to their usuall cheapshots on our smallest guys and then run and hide. Gophs need to stay out of the box. Seems everyone has a feeling that the sioux are going to take some cheapshots on rau around here. Hopefully they can keep it clean. I'm expecting plenty of sioux cheapshots, honestly what else can they do. I also tink the gophs win the physical battle this year. I wonder if lammy will cry again this weekend and limp off the ice.

I'm not worried about grimaldi at all.

I really don't see this one being a let down Friday night. I'm thinking gophs 5 to 1 Friday and then maybe a boring 3 to 0 goph win Saturday.

Solbes, good to see your goalies found a way to stop thepuck, that was getting ridiculos.

Splits in denver...

"]I'm thinking gopher sweep unless the dirtbag sioux can knock us off our game and get us in the box. The game we lost we had 10 penalties. Nodak will be up to their usuall cheapshots on our smallest guys and then run and hide. Gophs need to stay out of the box. Seems everyone has a feeling that the sioux are going to take some cheapshots on rau around here. Hopefully they can keep it clean. I'm expecting plenty of sioux cheapshots, honestly what else can they do. I also tink the gophs win the physical battle this year. I wonder if lammy will cry again this weekend and limp off the ice.

I'm not worried about grimaldi at all.

I really don't see this one being a let down Friday night. I'm thinking gophs 5 to 1 Friday and then maybe a boring 3 to 0 goph win Saturday.

Solbes, good to see your goalies found a way to stop thepuck, that was getting ridiculos.

Splits in denver...

Are you in opposite land today, Scott?

Shorelunch, I just watched 12 hrs of tape, and everything I said is 100% correct. I could be lying about the tape watching, but yes, that's what the sioux do. Cheapshot freshman and little guys.

Go youtube some mankato sioux games. The mavs pound on the sioux when they try that [PoorWordUsage].

]Shorelunch, I just watched 12 hrs of tape, and everything I said is 100% correct. I could be lying about the tape watching, but yes, that's what the sioux do. Cheapshot freshman and little guys.

Go youtube some mankato sioux games. The mavs pound on the sioux when they try that [PoorWordUsage].

Well, we'll agree do differ (i.e. Gopher's Bickel, Ceepis, etc) and I know some Sioux players aren't/weren't angels either.

It wouldn't be fun if us fans agreed.

Anyone else going to the game.

I bought 5 tickets to 5 games this year. Saturday is my first game. Should be fun. Fridays game is gonna be a mess I bet. I'm thinking over anctious and lots of mistakes. I have a feeling the refs might step in and ruin this game. A lot of calls have been ridiculous this year.

Nice 3 point weekend for Dogs in Denver. Kenny got a shutout and stopped his second penalty shot in 3 games. Sandelin switched up the lines again mid-Friday with Basaraba & Seidel on line 1 with Jack, and moved JT and Herbert to line 2 with Oleksuk. Might be a winning combo there, but we'll have to see if line 3 can score now w/o Herbert.

Interesting that we had not played there since '08/09 due to a scheduling quirk after BSU and UNO were added. Connolly and Kischel were the only two guys on the team who had ever played there.

Congrats to Minnesota and Saint Cloud on successful weekends as well. That crowd looked fired up at Mariucci! I did see Grimaldi score his first goal as a Sioux. And whats up with the loss in the Black road jerseys?

The dogs have to be very happy with their weekend. The only problem we have now is, ......so who are the top teams to beat. Gophs, Dogs, CC. Its crazy, you have to assume at some point denver and sioux will get better.

Gophers appear to be the clear #1 right now.

I don't think CC has played enough games to know for sure, but they might be able to keep pace. I can't tell how good Omaha is either (who schedules 4 games in a row against Alaska teams?). And it's obvious that a trip to the UP to play Pearson's Huskies is no longer a cake walk. The Dogs have played better since exiting the INCH Power Rankings (keep it so).

I was at my 1st ever WCHA game last night STC/ WI because I fell into tickets for free smile I have to admit I am a gopher fan so I'd love to go see SCSU/ MN, but last night game had just about everything in it i had asked for.. good hits good saves everything! Sad part was that SCSU's senior captain Leblanc may be out for the yr with a broken tibia due to a hard crash into the boards. last update I saw was he had surgery last night. i am hooked on live games now though!

Gophers =#1 in nation = uscho site crashes.

Apparently way too many people from the cities checked the page and crashed it.

Reboarding the bandwagon I suppose.

Now the only problem is we are expected to win. According to the rankings our schedule doesn't get any harder till after the sioux series in january. I have. Feeling there will be at least 2 bumps along the way

There will be plenty of bumps on the road, just hope we are playing well at the end of the year. Not to make this sound like a make or break year because the future looks bright but we lose Patterson next year. Bjugstad likely turns pro and who knows who else so we better make the most of this season.

Leblanc is a huge loss for the Huskies. Will see what happens.

Gophs do look good. I'm mostly impressed with the Freshman Marshall and Rau. I figured they'd be good from what I saw of them in High School but they already look great.

Yeah sucks about Leblanc. Read a little about the incident and about Drew himself. He sounds like a great kid. He's laid up in a hospital post surgery to correct a compound fracture and he's upset he can't get back to class right away. I hope the best for him.

Looking at where all the WCHA teams are in the standings

Minnesota is #1-last time Minnesota was rank #1 was in 2008. Gophers are back

CC #3-Schwartz brothers are averaging 1.5 points per game. Probably have the best line in hockey. Good goaltending with Joe Howe as well.

UMD is 10-only weakness is goaltending

Denver is 12-I expected better from them. They should finish higher later in the year.

MICHIGAN TECH 15!-The big surprise this year so far. I'm pulling for this program. I know freshman Blake Pietila(USDT product) was a good pickup for them. Looking at the stats there goalie ,Josh Robinson has been solid. Interesting to see if they keep it up.

UND #20-They need scoring from some of the other lines besides the Kisto,Knight,Nelson line. There powerplay is terrible. Kisto shouldn't be playing the point IMO. They will give up too many shorthanded goals if that continues. He's better down low.

Alaska Anchorage at Minnesota Duluth

St. Cloud State at Minnesota State

Nebraska Omaha at Bemidji State

Minnesota at Wisconsin

Colorado College at Denver

I say 4 for Duluth, 3 for Cloud, 4 for Omaha, 4 for Gophers, and splitskies in Colorado.

Brooms for Duluth. Maybe getting swept by the Gophers was just what that team needed early on in the year. Kenny is playing really well right now, he just concluded his shutout record on Satruday night.

I didn't get a chance to watch any of the games. Was Patterson finally human on Friday or what? Nothing wrong with 2 points in Madison. 3 points for Omaha, they are playing pretty well also.

Did get to see either game this weekend so I am not sure what happened on Friday, just glad they came back and took care of business on Sat. UMD has impressed me this year, even when the gophs swept them. I thought they just lost too much but they have a great team this year.

Looks like Mike Lee is out for the season with a groin injury. He will be having surgery soon. Saint Cloud can't catch a break here. Two very key injuries.

Looking at the numbers, Faragher doesn't look too bad: 2.43 GAA and 0.925 save. Anyone seen him play? Paging Archerystud?

College Hockey News article

I gave up my season tickets a couple of years ago. Couldn't make too many games anymore with the son's hockey schedule.

Sounds like Faragher has done very well. Then again I don't think Lee has lived up to the hype.

LeBlanc is the bigger loss with their young forwards. Still hoping they can be tough down the stretch.......but I'm not holding breath.

Gophers came out flat as a pancake on Friday night. Wisconsin played very well and basically took the game right to them. Patterson gave up a couple of soft goals. The whole team just looked completely off their game, not to take anything away from the Badgers. Not sure what Donnie said to them after the game, but a completely different team hit the ice on Saturday night. Was complete domination by the Gophers. I think Wisconsin only managed 15 shots for the game. At times the Gophers were cycling the puck in the Badgers zone so well it looked like they were on a power play when it was 5 on 5. They are playing so much faster and physical this year. Should be able to sweep the Huskies this weekend, but with #1 on their back, they are definately a target and teams are going to be gunning for them.

This is kind of out of left field and I'm not even sure I believe my eyes but two former Gophers are the leading scorers in the NHL. Sure Vanek is tied with a bunch of other guys but its fun to see their names at the top of the list.

The Notre Dame rink has the players benches on opposite sides of the rink, has anyone ever seen that at any other rink?

The Notre Dame rink has the players benches on opposite sides of the rink, has anyone ever seen that at any other rink?

Sure, seen it about a 100 times. The old DECC in Duluth. Of course that rink was only 190 feet long which made it the second smallest rink in college hockey (Amsoil is now 200x85). RIT has an ice sheet thats even shorter at 185 feet. And also it has teams on opposite sides of rink.

Weird why they chose to do that at the new Notre Dame facility. I'm pretty sure it's Olympic sized too, so that makes it even more strange.

Link to college hockey arena directory

I have not seen it very often, mainly youth rinks, which makes sense since they are barely above that.

Obviously Im still bitter about the gophs. Honestly they need to get Haula the heck off the ice and put someone out there that can score. I hope he was sick or hurt cause his effort was terrible.

96 seconds...4 Goals! Haven't seen that one before. If you were at the game and went out for popcorn you'd think the scoreboard was broken or something. Great offensive effort from Duluth last night. Now they go on the road for the next month and a half. I hope they can keep their intensity.