• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

College Hockey - 2011/2012

solbes

Didn't see a good place to put this, so created a new topic. Not going to be much college hockey news yet in the offseason, but here's a nugget that I didn't know.

Sam Brittain, DU's sophomore goalie, will be out for the majority of the next season with an ACL tear repair. He's having surgery this Friday. He apparently sustained the injury in the WCHA championship game against UND. They sure kept that one quiet. Can't believe he played through the 2 games in NCAA's with that. Wish him the best, even though I dislike his team.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• solbes

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey maybe the Gophers can pass on their bed ACL luck to Denver. Lets see, Budish (high school), Stoa, Barriball, Mattson, and Budish again (moped). Heck even Eric Johnson couldn't hide from the Gopher/ACL luck when that golf cart decided to gobble up his knee after he turned pro. I think Hoeffel had one too a year before he joined the gophers.

Being originally from colorado and a DU and CC fan to go along with my 2 adopted teams for the last 5 years in UMD and BSU, it's sad to hear this but like Scott said why did it take this long to get to surgery?? If it were done 2 months ago he'd probabaly be back by November!! I would be much happier if this happened to a Sioux or Badger goalie smile God I can't stand those 2 teams!!!!!!!

Just a blind guess but maybe they were hoping it would heal on it's own and things weren't progressing as planned.

They probably have better medical access then a normal student I would think, but he would have to wait for the swelling to go down 1-3 weeks schedule and have an MRI, meet with Dr and maybe try some rehab. Rehab doesn't work time to schedule surgery.

During the playoff run last March.... makes sense that Sam Briton had an injury in the NCAA regional game vs UND. His play was even close to the Final Five final a week earlier.

During the playoff run last March.... makes sense that Sam Briton had an injury in the NCAA regional game vs UND. His play was even close to the Final Five final a week earlier.

Anyone else sensing a Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan style "hit" on Sam Briton by the Sioux? Not sure what they were thinking, Hunwick should have been the target.

Thats b*llsh*t beargrin. I still haven't gotten over the Michigan. Another thing last years team wasn't even close to being the chippiest team in the WCHA. I'm sure the Denver fans will argrue with me on that(Malone hit) but thats another topic. I would bring it on that one.

It hurts, it still hurts! Prolly feels like that Vikings loss to the Saints 2 years ago. Michigan hasn't gotten over their loss either if that makes you feel any better. I get a kick out of reading their forums from time to time.

Good news is less than 120 days to the season opener. Wait, that means no more summer. What I am saying?

I'm also a Viking fan Solbes. 98 hurt bad but the 12 men in the huddle crashed me as a football fan. I don't think fighting Sioux can hurt me the way the Vikings have.

...and I hope the summer goes by slowly. Got a 30 incher(see pic at Buffalo bay report in the LOW forum) up at LOW last week. The fishing was on last weekend

Just checked out your Walleye pic on LOTW forum. Nice job Dude!! Dang, I've been outdone by a muskie guy (my PB is 29"). I better get on it, and soon.

Solbes your cabin is in the leech lake area. Last year I caught a thinner 31 incher out of Leech. I think Leech has alot of big walley's. Night trolling taildancers(blue).

I think the Sioux did hurt Britton,good point Bear.

Brooks a 30 inch Muskie what the heck are you using crappie jigs, just kidding nice walleye.

So how has fishing been guys. Ive only got a 38" muskie in the bag. I havent had much time on the water though. I have gotten a ton of smallies. Average size about 17". the biggest being 20". the size is down for me, but the numbers are through the roof. Man I love smallie fishing.

I think I am going to start painting my muskie baits to look like bass tho. I was muskie fishing in the cabbage last weekend, set the hook into a 3lb bass. I was kind of playing with it when all of a sudden my rod doubles over. I fought a low 50 incher for about 10 minutes. All you can do is hope it doesnt see ya, I had the net out, snuck up behind her, and then she saw me and spit out the bass. See ya later big muskie, depressing. Its was a cool expericen though. She was basically just pulling slowly under my boat and i was following her.

I need to get a new fishing picture so I can change my user picture here.

"]oh, and here is the big 10 tourny format.

format

Kind of a silly format if you ask me. So you can't plan out your conference finals tourney until almost the end of the regular season. Might be tougher to have successful advance ticket sales like the F5 has. Plus who's gonna want to travel to Ohio State year after year?

Man oh man are you guys going to miss the X!

Fishing by numbers has been great so far, but I've caught nothing large except pannies. There's always this coming weekend.

Scott I think if the weather is good this weekend I'll try that little unknown lake you told me about this winter for muskie's. I only put in three hours muskie fishing this year with a 36ish fish to show for it.

I tell ya, I give a guy a hint and he runs with it.

Let me know how it goes. If its worth while Ill meet ya up there sometime.

Not sure how big they are yet. Gotta be some 40's. It looks like an awesome body of water to get on, very scenic.

I think I am heading to wisconsin for the weekend. more of a family trip, but will chase some of those little ski's they have over there.

CBrooks, I've been seeing a lot of muskies on Lake Bemidji's west shoreline. 4-8'. Saw one close to 50" while pre-fishing for the Kraus. Let me know if you want further info.

CBrooks, I've been seeing a lot of muskies on Lake Bemidji's west shoreline. 4-8'. Saw one close to 50" while pre-fishing for the Kraus. Let me know if you want further info.

Absolutly I would like more info. Feel free to PM me. Whats Bemidji's water temp Shore?

Hey, no sharing info about Bemidji. What the heck. that used to be my favorite lake while attending college.

Brooks, we still gotta due a muskie hockey trip to Bemidj this year.

This is working out pretty good for me. I got Scott telling me about secret lakes and shorelunch telling me what he's seeing in Bemidji. I'm hoping Bear55 will give me some hot tips on a big buck this fall. Michigan Tech probably has a better chance of claiming there McNaughton trophy there*grin*. Scott the fall is the time to hunt but anytime your in the area or more like I'm in the area lets go fishing. This summer I'm gonna try chasing more walleyes up in LOW whenever the weather is right(wind direction). I got to get up there for muskies as well.

Back to college hockey. Any predictions for next year. I still like my teams chances.

I'm hoping Bear55 will give me some hot tips on a big buck this fall. Michigan Tech probably has a better chance of claiming there McNaughton trophy there*grin*.

Hunt the beds, hang the heads.

I like CC next year a lot and see them as a top 3 finisher. Without Brittain, I see Denver falling off 2-4 spots. Sioux lost a lot of scoring; they will be a top 3 or 4 team as always but not as dominating as last year. Duluth will drop a couple of spots, but could still contend. Gophers could do better with Patterson starting the year in goal. I'm not sure what to think of Cloud, kind of a wild card.

I like CC next year a lot and see them as a top 3 finisher. Without Brittain, I see Denver falling off 2-4 spots. Sioux lost a lot of scoring; they will be a top 3 or 4 team as always but not as dominating as last year. Duluth will drop a couple of spots, but could still contend. Gophers could do better with Patterson starting the year in goal. I'm not sure what to think of Cloud, kind of a wild card.

I agree 100%, Solbes. It must be early in the season! laugh Sconny will be decent, too.

Next years standing? More then ever I have no clue, there are always surprises but wow this year just seems crazy wide open and a large number of teams could finish anywhere from 1 to 8.

I found a random picking tool on the web and came up with this.

St Cloud

UND

Gophers

WI

Omaha

UMD

CC

Denver

Not hard to pick the bottom 4 in no particular order. I could maybe see Bemidji jumping up a few spots.

Bemidji

Mavs

Alaska

Tech

I like UNO chances next year, CC, I still think Denver will be a top 3 or 4. Denver's back-up goalie Adam Murray look good last year. Which makes the Sam Briton lost a little easier. I expect the same teams in the final five except for BSU instead UNO. I'm picking UNO to win the McNaughton at this point.