• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

College Hockey - 2011/2012

solbes

Moorehead was a longshot. They were hoping for a 37 million dollar in donations. Alot of money for a small school.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• solbes

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad about Moorhead, would have been cool for the WCHA and Minnesota.

They are breaking ground on the National Hockey Center expansion after this weekends SCSU/UMD series. Expanding to 8000 seats, adding 20-30 luxury boxes. Sounds pretty good. I'll attach the proposed pics below (they might be outdated, I dunno). Stud, do you have any more info?

full-5554-18128-goalweb.jpg

full-5554-18129-attrium92009.jpg

full-5554-18130-suiteweb.jpg

Interesting place for the net to go in their mock-up. Maybe it's unique to SCSU! sick

Just trying to encourage some more Gretzky like behind the net work. grin

Those were the preliminary shetches that I saw on the project. I know someone pretty high up in the process. Maybe I'll see if they have any updates.

are they really breaking ground on this project? i've been hearing about it for years and was wondering if they were gonna go through with it.

Guess architects don't know hockey. They don't know Bo either. Like the Kris Kross jersey find also. Why aren't they adding seats to the other side of the net? Always thought that was weird given the number of seating capacity.

Tried to convince the wife to head up to Cloud for their BOGO tix deal. Was denied if we were going to F5. So F5 it is. Just a few weeks away now.

Solbes,

My son and I will be behind the Bulldog bench heckling the dogs for ya on Saturday. Speaking of Bo, we'll hit Bo Didley's for a great sub before the game. grin

Can't wait for the F5 either. Do you stay by the X? Our group stays at the Embassy Suites.

God knows we don't play well in St Cloud. So I'm sure your heckling won't be a hindrance smile

We live in the NW Twin Cities, so we just drive back and forth to the X. Means someone has to take it easy though.

Live in bloomington, hopefully taking it easy. I usually do my drinking during the day. Cab ride on saturday just be to careful.

Im getting pumped.

What sections are you guys sitting in? We are in 116, we are a row of 7 Husky + 1 Gopher fan near the top of that section.

Getting back to the NHC. Yes they are breaking ground on the project.

Solbes, as to why they are not adding seat to both ends. The one end already has suites AND another rink just behind that. Probably would be the reason for only adding seats on one end.

Okay didn't know there was a rink on the other side. I've only been there once, and it's a little hazy. Glad they are adding on. Seems like most of the rinks in MN are now either beautiful to begin with, or were recently renovated. I know Lucia wanted to get some minor updates to Marriucci also. Wonder if they added anything to the Vikings stadium for that.

I've only been there once, and it's a little hazy.

That alwasy seems to happen in St Cloud.

Went with my wife and a couple of buddies to the Granite city 4 or 5 years ago. I think my wife was thoroughly annoyed with us on the way home.

I do remember some really good "Let's go Drink" cheers from the UMD faithful as we were up a few goals at the end of the game.

Fighting Sioux putting in some work. Rodents putting up another Friday night failure. How's that gonna go starting next weekend? Alaska Anchorage?

Gophs looked absolutely pathetic tonight... worst game theyve played all season imo. They better come ready to play tommorow. Doesnt help #27 is out, anyone have a clue how serious his injury is? they are clueless without him

They better bring it tommorow or their gonna be right back on the pairwise bubble

I didn't think the gophers played as bad as the score showed. They still got their chances, just couldn't get them to go. They definitely didn't play good, but still were outshooting the Badgers last I saw. For sure sloppy though, and they needed to do what they have been all yr, and come back tomorrow for the win. Hopefully Bjugstad isn't out long, as they really need him come playoffs.

I didn't see any of the Gopher/Badger game. I wander if the Badgers are finally playing up to there potential. They have been the surprise for me this year.

Th badgers looked decent, the gophs just played a typical lost lucia hockey game. The had really no game plan and no flow. Without bjuggy out there they had no one shooting. If the gophs score first they woluld have won. Patterson was terrible which people are realyzing he just isn't that good.

I have a feeling bjugstedt is playing tonight and maybe shouldn't be. Id hate to see him further injure his shoulder for the 3rd or 4th time this year. A win last night would have really helped this situation. Another loss and we are a bubble team. I hope byuggy doesn't come in and get further hurt for the playoffs.

Minnesota shouldn't take any chance of losing Bujstad down the stretch. I bet they sit him tonight. Give him another week to rest up. I'm guessing with UMD's lost and the Gophs two points ahead they get the ty breaker for the McNaugton cup. Even if they didn't get the McNaughton so what. That thing has been a curse come NCAA tourney time.

Did the gophers play last night? They had some shifts where they couldn't hold on to the puck if it was glued to their stick. Sconni played aggressive and with nothing to lose. I am glad we don't play them next week. Then again AA probably will beat the gophers if they play like last night. It seams like they try to hard to be fancy instead of playing hard and gritty.

"]Th badgers looked decent, the gophs just played a typical lost lucia hockey game. The had really no game plan and no flow. Patterson was terrible which people are realyzing he just isn't that good.

Agreed, Patterson was AWEFUL last night. That was the worst ive seen him play. Badgers only had like 18 shots the entire game. The only goal that wasnt patterson's fault was the slap shot from the point that bounced off some badgers guys elbow (typical sconny goal) and went in. The worst was the one where the guy shot it str8 into his chest and he had no clue where it was and just stood there with it between his legs for like 5 seconds before a badger stuffed it in...

Hes gotta be alot better if the gophs have any chance of doing anything in the post season. The media talks him up but other then a handful of games this year i havent really been that impressed by him.

Fricken gophers, just when they start getting your hopes up they lay a giant egg. Hopefully Patterson got that out of his system and is ready to rock for the playoffs.

What an opportunity wasted by the Dogs. We didn't play good either. I'm sure Stud had a good time watching us get whipped. I have to give Lee credit, he didn't give up many rebounds at all. For some reason we do NOT play well in Saint Cloud. It's a big ice sheet, but we play better at Mariucci, Kohl Center, and CC than we do at Cloud. I don't get it.

Technically we could still Share the cup tonight with a Gophers loss & Dogs win. Gophers own the tie breaker, thus earning them a #1 seed in the tourney. It's not gonna happen though so I'm not going to spend much time thinking about it.

Just had to look it up after that terrible interferance penalty gives rodents pp opportunity to go ahead. Pretty surprised not to see Shepherd listed as an official. Sioux getting it done.

Terrible interferance penalty? That was a blatant interferance penalty. Mike Eaves cried like a little school girl all night long and actually delayed the game for like 5 minutes after a clean Rau hit. U would have thought the badgers had home ice the way that series was refereed.

Excuse me for a minute, I Have to watch the gophs skate around with the cup for while :~)!