• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

College Hockey - 2011/2012

solbes

Around the league, Sounds like the Beavers played well this weekend...getting 4 points over CC! Sioux sweep as well.

Sioux split with UMD but a sweep would have been great. It sounded like the game could have been blown wide open by Duluth after Blood's bone headed cfb penalty. The score ended up being 5-4. I'm happy with a split this weekend.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• solbes

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, for some reason I thought I saw the scores of the UND game on uscho while I was checking it out and they already had the CC/BSU game scores.

Final 3 weekends for the Cup with 3 teams that could win it. I really thought it was Minnesota's to lose, but now it's up for grabs again. Final schedule for top 3 teams:

MN: Home vs BSU, @ Omaha, Home vs Bucky

UMD: @ Mankato, Home vs CC, @ St Cloud

DU: @ Wisconsin, Home vs UND, @ Omaha

It still appears that MN has the best chance, though this weekend vs the Beavers is not going to be easy. Anything can happen.

It should be a fun stretch run, nice to at least be fighting for something this year. Although 4-6 in the last 10 don't look too promising.

Looking at the Rau hit and the Kristo hit. Looked pretty similar to me. Kristo's hit was closer to the puck but had more follow through. Rau was clearly late but had some pretty heavy follow through as well. The refs called it the same, but the league for some reason stepped in to suspend Rau for an extra game and did not for Kristo.

I think the game misconduct would have been enough. But if they are going to hand out suspensions as well, they should be consistent. This has been an issue for the NHL and now appears to be an issue for college as well.

Quote:
Peaking at the appropriate time again?

Let's hope so... I love it when the Sioux peak right up through the WCHA play-offs and then lay a there patented NCAA tourney Goose EGG "NADA" like they have for the past 13, 14 years now.. grin

My how time fly's when you're having fun .. smile

Go Gophers!

Anytime you are hitting someone from behind its more dangerous and a dirtier hit. Raus type of hit happens all the time. I could find 5 hits by gophers this year that were worse. Penalyzed for a guy not protecting himself and laying down for 10 mins.

My how time fly's when you're having fun .. smile

Gotta get there to win titles Pierre wink Hard concept to grasp I bet when ones team takes breaks of 3 decades.

First off it's Pier as in fishing Pier very American not Pierre, nothing to do with the French.... smile

3 decades? That's 30 years?....LOL.

]Anytime you are hitting someone from behind its more dangerous and a dirtier hit. Raus type of hit happens all the time. I could find 5 hits by gophers this year that were worse. Penalyzed for a guy not protecting himself and laying down for 10 mins.

They are cracking down on headshots, Rau got the gloves up and went for the head on a late hit and a charge. Easy call.

Feet set once the puck is dumped. Follows through on check. Hand to the jaw,, maybe a little high. It would be commical if someone said these kids don't use their hands all to often. I still say. Harmless hit. Keep your head up if you'd had the puck. The hit doesn't look any later then any other follow through late hit. 2 min penalty for hitting to hard is my call on any team.

What I've learned is your far better off punching people in hanshake lines, spearing guys, checking from behind and running goalies then you are checking a guy who should have his head up.

I kind of agree with you Scott but I'm OK with the suspension he did go a little high there.

To me after viewing both incidents Kristo's hit was much more malicious and dangerous.

Not even close truthfully.

Go Gophers~

I just hope this isn't the beggining of flag hockey and everyone gets suspended every hit. That also will drive away some top recruits. College is getting way to soft, as a player right now I would entertain the canadian juniors.

Jarrid,

Great article on the Beavers, thanks for posting. Their F4 appearance a few years ago was nothing short of spectacular. I'm sure most of the people in MN and surrounding area were pulling for them that year.

With the exception of the recent Denver series, they have been playing awesome. Will be an interesting weekend in Mariucci as I think the Gophers will have their hands full.

If BSU can split with Minnesota this weekend they have a pretty soft schedule after that with Wisconsin and AA. They could very well make another run like they did in 2009. They have a 6-2 out of conference record.

Yeah, I would honestly put money on the Beavs being they get really pumped up when they play the big schools as underdogs! Go Beaver!!!

Might be tough to recognize him without the beard. Mini mite game from '95 against UND (I was probably sitting in row 5 of student section). First goal in a rink complex where he would flirt with 200 career college points. Jack for Hobey!

Pretty sweet move you don't see used much these days, give it to the goalie then take it back and score. Good wheels too, did you see him burn that D and then leave a nifty little drop pass, too bad the rest of his team was back at the blue line. grin

Tardy did the Goalie Give-N-Go last April, scoring on his own rebound. Of course at a little higher speed. And you're right, it did kinda look like a drop pass. I was wondering what on earth he was intending there.

Kinda silly to post the video, but I love watching Mini Mites. Usually one kid with the puck and everyone else chasing him.

Has anyone seen Michigan Tech play this year? Is there goalie average, better than average, or streaky? UND has to sweep these guys.

Go Tech! Go Tech! Kind of reminds me of the time I was deep under cover at the Ralph, sitting in the student section of all places. I had to carefully balance cheering for Tech, while also trying to rile up the students and do all of this while not getting my azz kicked. Oh the memories.

Go Tech! Go Tech! Kind of reminds me of the time I was deep under cover at the Ralph, sitting in the student section of all places. I had to carefully balance cheering for Tech, while also trying to rile up the students and do all of this while not getting my azz kicked. Oh the memories.

I don't think Tech fans need to go under cover. IMHO, many fans kinda cheer for Tech as the underdog/get a little pat on the head. Hopefully for Tech, that changes - and is changing. Heck, I cheer for them if it doesn't effect UND or BSU.

I don't think Tech fans need to go under cover. IMHO, many fans kinda cheer for Tech as the underdog/get a little pat on the head. Hopefully for Tech, that changes - and is changing. Heck, I cheer for them if it doesn't effect UND or BSU.

My under cover reference was more along the lines of a Gopher fan sitting in the Sioux student section cheering on the enemy. grin

Josh Robinson is Tech's better goalie, but can be rather streaky. He plays roughly 2/3 of the minutes. Tale of a streaky goalie when they took 3 points in Duluth. Robinson let in 4 quick goals in the first period, and then stopped all 52 shots over the remaining 5 periods of play.

Tech has a really fun fanbase that travels pretty well for the school size (lots of engineering nerds). Hard not to like them. It's on my to-do list to get to a game in Houghton.