• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

College Hockey - 2011/2012

solbes

I'm pretty excited for this weekend, the Gophs and CC usually have a fun high scoring series. I am kind of feeling a gopher sweep this weekend, we will see.

Agreed, Other than St cloud, CC is my favorite team to play there's just something about playing those schools that is conducive to exiting fast paced Hockey games!

A win and a tie would work for me!

Go Gophers!

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• solbes

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooks, I'm watching a future UND goalie tonight in Clarke Saunders (transferring from UAH). I think this kid might do pretty well up there. He has NO team around him but seems to be holding his own. 40 shots on goal with only 2 allowed so far (2nd intermission). His record is 58 saves, so hold on for the 3rd.

He seems to go down into butterfly really early, but he has a quick glove and gets to his feet quickly too.

Brooks, I'm watching a future UND goalie tonight in Clarke Saunders (transferring from UAH). I think this kid might do pretty well up there. He has NO team around him but seems to be holding his own. 40 shots on goal with only 2 allowed so far (2nd intermission). His record is 58 saves, so hold on for the 3rd.

He seems to go down into butterfly really early, but he has a quick glove and gets to his feet quickly too.

Nice smile

CC's goalie stole the show tonight... gophs out played them pretty badly from what I saw and they still got beat 2-1. Gophers looked like the better team all night though

Gophers made 2 mistakes in their zone that cost them 2 goals. They need to learn that garbage goals count the same as pretty goals. Crash the net, tips and redirections are what they need more of. Also the point men have to stop shooting into the other teams defenders.

Gophers made 2 mistakes in their zone that cost them 2 goals. They need to learn that garbage goals count the same as pretty goals. Crash the net, tips and redirections are what they need more of. Also the point men have to stop shooting into the other teams defenders.

Yep!

Sums up the game in a nutshell, the whole season even.

This team is driving me nuts this year. We sweep UND one weekend and then we get beat badly on Friday and Blow them out on Saturday.

Friday nights have not been good for the Gophs.

If they want to be a top dog in the WCHA they need to tighten up their play dramatically!

• 2 weeks later...

The PWR sure makes things interesting this time of year, last week the Gophs were a bubble team, with the sweep of Cloud they are tied for 8th.

I see above that Maturi's going to leave the U later this year (FMGAC have anything to do with this?). I wonder what that does to Lucia's status. I'm assuming he's pretty safe for now with his team sitting atop the WCHA. Any thoughts from Gopher faithful?

NOT a Gopher faithful but I would say he needs at least one NCAA win for him to be safe.

Two one goal wins over a young and injured Husky team last week wasn't exactly awe inspiring. Although as a Husky fan I will admit they controlled the play on Saturday night.

I see above that Maturi's going to leave the U later this year (FMGAC have anything to do with this?). I wonder what that does to Lucia's status. I'm assuming he's pretty safe for now with his team sitting atop the WCHA. Any thoughts from Gopher faithful?

The FMGAC gave Maturi "an offer he couldn't refuse". I am going to give Lucia a little slack here and se what he does with it. Outside of a late season collapse I see him sticking around. I won't get too worked up if we get bounced in the NCAA's because 1 and done tournaments are hard to win but if we don't make the NCAA's then the FMGAC will have to step in. I know it appears we are a semi-lock to make the post season but you just never know and with our recent history I don't want to let my gaurd down.

NOT a Gopher faithful but I would say he needs at least one NCAA win for him to be safe.

Two one goal wins over a young and injured Husky team last week wasn't exactly awe inspiring. Although as a Husky fan I will admit they controlled the play on Saturday night.

Can't always win big, sometimes it works out this way. They're not disappointed with a 4 point weekend...I think? Gophers also had quite a few great chances throughout the series but it was just 1 goal games for both nights.

Obviously we had a hand in this.

I don't thin.k the gophs are winning because of lucia, rather some of our losses our at his hand. I think a lot of people realyze that. That said, its hard to fire. Coach when they make the playoffs.

Hopefully they fire soon if they are gonna, we have some monster recruits coming in and a few players that id like to see stick around a.other year.

Gophs are off this weekend so I might as well pick some games and rile up the college hockey faithful.

CC vs Denver - 100% chance of a split.

Tech vs Kato - Really who cares?

Duluth vs Alaska - In Alaska, dogs playing just ok, this is a split.

Go Beavers - Sweep UNO!

Who doesn't want to see WI swept?

UND - Just lucky they don't have to play the Gophers again.

Split

Tech sweep

Dogs continue their slide to where the should be. Split.

Beaves, 3 points

Wi cloud split

Und, drops out of home ice. Many players spotted at bars all weekend. Dany kristo walks home drunk. This time with his shoes on. No frostbite, but he still wakes up disoritented and confused but glad that he made it to whatever house he is in

I almost forgot the gophs. Lucia prepares his team the same as any other weekend and concludes by telling his team that a split is just fine, even tho they don't play.

Bye is tough to sweep. Especially in their home rink. Gophers need to get back to successful weekend splits.

Colorado schools - split

Tech's hot, sweeps Kato

Duluth needs 4 and gets 4 (first time since '96)

UNO sweep

Red beats red, but then gets beat by red the next night

I'm going to stay up late tonight watching a crappy internet hockey feed with crappy Alaskan company commercials while trying to kick a beer keg. Should be fun!

Bear I'm sure you're all tucked into bed nice and cozy. In case you're not, here's the crappy link that doesn't even work:

http://uaahockey.nmtvsports.com/uaahockey.htm

I get great audio, but no video.

As to score it's 4-1 Dogs. So far for UMD scoring we have: Brown, Brown, Brown (natural hat trick after 19), and Brown. Team winning, keg still dispensing beer smile

Bear I'm sure you're all tucked into bed nice and cozy.

You know most nights I would have been sleeping but I was up, gotta bust some arse if you don't want to work for the man the rest of your life. I did however miss your post, that is ok because without video I would have gone strait to bed anyway.

Thats right stick it to the man!

Tech took it to Mankato tonight. And the Beavers had a great weekend in Omaha. I'm gettin pumped up again to kick some Seawolf tail.

Well I got a little video tonight but it might have been mistaken for still photos, off to bed.

The one observation I made this weekend it that the Sioux looked terrible, they are stuck in the middle of the WCHA and didn't pick up ANY POINTS!!! Program is in trouble, better to fire Hakstol now.

But they got destroyed in the PWR, just going off memory but I think they went from 15th to TIED for 15th. OUCH! wink

As far as the PWR goes for UND...there gonna have to play there way in to the NCAA tourney. On a plus side I like UND's chances of home ice for the play in for the Final Five. They have 8 games left against @UMD, Michigan Tech, @ Denver and Mankato. I'll predict that UND can get 10 points out of those games which will finish UND with 32 points in the WCHA.

I notice that NBC sports will have college hockey on Friday nights. The Minnesota/ Denver series will be on. What happen to verus did they get bought out by NBC?

Yeah Vs became NBC Sports after the sale.

UND's got a shot. Wishing we had played them in November instead. Duluth appears to be content limping into the post season again. Nothing consistent about their games since the Holiday break.

Solbes- I was gonnna trash talk with you a little this week but you got no confidence in your team this week. If your team is gonna hit a lump in the season its best to do it now before its one and done in playoffs. I'll be happy if UND gets two this week but thats not my prediction.

Solbes- I was gonnna trash talk with you a little this week but you got no confidence in your team this week.

I'll step up the the plate. Since the Gophers have played both teams I think I can be a "fair" judge. UMD can pretty much win this series in their sleep. Also 3-1 odds TJ Brown scores a pile of goals and gives Hakstol the "double Hakstols".

Also 3-1 odds TJ Brown scores a pile of goals and gives Hakstol the "double Hakstols".

If this happens I will put a picture of that in my avator smile