• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

College Hockey - 2011/2012

solbes

Exciting game last night. Pretty happy with UND's play except for Kristo spasing out after his ejection. That was embarrassing. These refs miss alot of calls. Did anyone catch the missed icing that UND scored off of? Did I miss something? confused

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• solbes

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooks, I was cheering for your team last night. We want a piece of that cup that starts with an M. I'm pretty sure Don didn't miss that icing call. He was pretty upset and rightfully so. The Ralph was a rockin'.

Dogs scored twice in first 2 minutes last night. Then pretty much the same thing for UNO to start the 2nd. It was a very close game until the 3rd. Sandy has them really believing in themselves in the last 20 minutes. Hoping for something similar tonight.

Also rooting against the Colorado schools tonight. Come on Bemidji and St Cloud.

Teams ranked 2 through 5 in the INCH Power Rankings lost last night.

Link thingy below for KTSP video showing college hockey mascot showdown on the Crashed Ice course. Champ tBulldog FTW! Hope Nordy is okay...

Video of MNMascots on Crashed Ice Course

Saw the icing, honestly I thought it was such a boring game. Again the gphs are the wordt coached team in hockey. Lucias goal is to split every series. Gophs looked out of place and lazy, nd looked average but at least skated hard.

Hopeing for something better tonight.

Wish I woulda tuned into to a little more of the dogs game. Looked like and exciting score at least.

Dogs ran into a goalie who played really well. Massa started over Faulkner on Saturday night. Stoned us in the 3rd even with constant pressure in UNO's zone.

I give the Dogs 5 on 5 play an A+ this year. 3 lines that can score, and do so with balance. Both their power play and their penalty kill need a lot of work.

Still a pretty tight race. Denver and Tech getting the only sweeps.

Bemidji State laid an egg against DU this weekend. They had leads in both games but couldn't find a way to close. This weekend could easily cost them home ice in the playoffs.

I think Beaves are on a little down year. Id look for better results next year. Their coach actually develops talent and without Read they might be lacking. I love it when they are a darkhorse.

]I think Beaves are on a little down year. Id look for better results next year. Their coach actually develops talent and without Read they might be lacking. I love it when they are a darkhorse.

I agree 100% (!!!). They have some pretty decent recruits coming in over the next two years. They sure took their lumps this weekend though.

Side note, what's happened to what was a pinnacle of HS hockey, Bloomington Jeffereson? Coaching, or ???

I only live in blmnton cause the bby corp office is close. I'm not from there. To me it looks like some of the cities demograghics have changed and I'm guessng benilde and HA have maybe a few jefferson kids. Its kind of crazy how far they have fallen

Looking down the stretch for the pairwise rankings. I only see three or four at the most making the NCAA tourney. UMD and Minnesota are shoe ins with CC probably. All the other teams are gonna have to step it up and play there way in. WCHA out of conference record isn't so good as a whole and that matters come pairwise rankings. I know UND doesn't have any more games that are nonconference. I'm thinking the rest of the WCHA is in the same boat. Which team is gonna be the darkhorse this year?

I think UMD is a shoe-in, the Gophs need to at least play above average hockey to keep their spot. Not 100% confident of that but I think it will happen. I want to sweep CC this weekend, we usually play them pretty well.

Yup most of the non conference games are done. And they DO make a big difference in your pairwise through your teams under consideration and common opponents. UMD has Huntsville this weekend, but it can only hurt us not help us.

I agree that UMD, UM, and CC will make the tourney if they don't fall apart in the last 2 months of regular season play. Next up are Denver, UND, and UNO. Based on history, I would guess at least one of these teams makes it. Come WCHA playoff time, at least one of these teams will likely win 3 in a row, sweeping home ice and winning their play-in game. That 3 game swing is usually enough to vault one more team over the hump.

Against those odds are the 8 CCHA teams that currently rank higher than those 3 teams. I can't remember the CCHA ever being this tough! Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Michigan appear to be very likely participants. Also competing for a bid are Western Michigan, Northern Michigan, Ferris State, Michigan State, and Lake Superior State.

All very early looks though. You can swing from a top 5 team to a bubble team in just a few weeks of poor play (and vice versa).

Just read some [PoorWordUsage] about the Blaiser complaining about a suspension given out to Zombo on UNO. He clearly put on an intentional knee to knee hit on JT Brown on Saturday night. Brown did eventually return to the game. There was a 2 minute penalty handed out at the time. And the leauge has now determined that a suspension is needed. In the same play, a Maverick completely took out Reiter who was on his way to the bench after the Zombo penalty was called, but I digress.

Blais is complaining that Brown flipped a Hakstol on Friday night (after his 2nd of 3 goals). And Blais was upset about that not being addressed by the league or officials. He said the gesture was worse than the hit. WHAT? How and when does a Hakstol, or even Double Hakstols equal a hit that could potentially end a players season? One of the few instances where I completely disagree with Mr Blais.

Only blais can do the triple hackstol, at which time it then becomes merely a blais. The real challenge is a double blais.

Solbes your complaining about a cheapshot by the team that is coached by the former sioux coach. These cheapshots shouldn't surrise you.

Just read some [PoorWordUsage] about the Blaiser complaining about a suspension given out to Zombo on UNO. He clearly put on an intentional knee to knee hit on JT Brown on Saturday night. Brown did eventually return to the game. There was a 2 minute penalty handed out at the time. And the leauge has now determined that a suspension is needed. In the same play, a Maverick completely took out Reiter who was on his way to the bench after the Zombo penalty was called, but I digress.

Blais is complaining that Brown flipped a Hakstol on Friday night (after his 2nd of 3 goals). And Blais was upset about that not being addressed by the league or officials. He said the gesture was worse than the hit. WHAT? How and when does a Hakstol, or even Double Hakstols equal a hit that could potentially end a players season? One of the few instances where I completely disagree with Mr Blais.

Hakstal got suspended for the finger so JT Brown should be too IMO. As far as whats more serious its kind of tough to compare. Is there any footage of the hit?

Yak, that just means u know where all cheap stuff started. Yes the gophs were the original hacks.

Brooks, I completely agree with you times 10. Maybe it is the 10 woodford reserves I've had but there is no room to flick off an opposing coach. If that happens sandy needs to bench the young punk. I honestly find it more offensive to flick off a coach then even the handshake attack at the end of Of sioux games. The bench is thecoaches castle, flic off the bench an you flick off the coach. Its just wrong. Hey brooks 10 drinks and we finally agree.

Here we thought the only excitment was at the Sioux/Gopher game. I kinda want to see some footage of JT Brown doing the Hakstal.

I just checked, no footage of the "incident". It must have been off camera because I certainly didn't see it watching the game. JT has always gotten under the skin of the other team. That and hustle are why he draws so many penalties.

Anyway I'm not sure why Dean is so upset. It was written into the bylaws of the WCHA a few years ago. You're allowed to Hakstol if the situation presents itself. Just don't get caught on camera like Dave did.

Ok, back to reality. The former sioux coach is just complaining. Go dogs.

It does take great skill to flip a hackstol and not be caught on tape.

Giving the Blaiser the Hakstol in the middle of a hatrick is a pretty impressive feat, throw in the summer bar incedent and it is hard not to like this kid.

Giving the Blaiser the Hakstol in the middle of a hatrick is a pretty impressive feat, throw in the summer bar incedent and it is hard not to like this kid.

I know, right?

Back to the summer bar incident, he got "sweatered" by the cops! Still makes me giggle.

Some injury updates:

Looks like Rocco will not return this year. Announced yesterday that he's having season ending surgery on his kneecap. Bummer for ND fans.

On the upside, sounds like Drew Leblanc for St Cloud is skating again. Motzko said his leg is at 80%. Not sure when he may return.

I thought I read somewhere that Sam Brittain is practicing again for Denver. Can't seem to find it now.

I'm pretty excited for this weekend, the Gophs and CC usually have a fun high scoring series. I am kind of feeling a gopher sweep this weekend, we will see.

I don't think CC is as good as people thought. I would guess that Minnesota should be able to sweep them pretty easily.