• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading the number 2 pick

A R Johnson

So what are these rumor's about? I've heard a couple different one's. If we do i know we'll end up the loser's somehow.

The T wolves would get the 4th pick, and Detroits 8th. And Cleveland would get our second pick

so what they are saying that its a 2 player draft, so we want to trade back hmmmm don't get it at all.

its a weak draft,it lacks big star power so were gonna stock pile draft picks again

I actually think it might be a good move. Neither of the supposed top two picks are projected as superstars in the league. Why not drop down and get a few picks in the first round and get a few guys. I think Kahn is sold on Rubio coming to play for the wolves. I even heard that if they pull this trade off, they might even get rid of the 8th pick to get even more picks. It sure can't make them any worse then they were last year!

Supposedly 4-6 teams are in talks with the TWolves. I have no problem trading it, as long as the deal is good!!!! Good Vet could go a long way with this team.

I am pretty sure whatever they do it will end up being the worst thing they could have done.

• 2 weeks later...

Draft BPA, Williams or Irving, whoever Cavs didn't take at #1, if draft Williams at #2, trade him for BIYOMBO plus veteran/assets/2012 pick.

I am pretty sure whatever they do it will end up being the worst thing they could have done.

That's why Taylor should ask Kahn at the last minute what he plans to do, override him and do the opposite.

That would be one of dumbest trades in wolves history, meaning it will probably happen.

thats what sportscenter said today, Lakers,Jazz and Knicks are all interested in our #2 pick.

i saw a report last night that the deal is in place with the lakers, but it needs to be approved by the twolves owner. i haven't seen any other rumors on it though so take it for what it's worth.

i saw a report last night that the deal is in place with the lakers, but it needs to be approved by the twolves owner. i haven't seen any other rumors on it though so take it for what it's worth.

It was a Twitter post from an unreliable source. Not saying it isnt true, but I think the Timberwolves owner (Taylor) would be involved with the process.

Well one thing is for sure, the media is sure having a good time talking about what MN is going to do with the #2 pick. I think they have MN linked to trading the #2 pick with Beasely to every team. One thing for sure, this #2 pick will most certainly help the Wolves in the future. Whether we trade it, for a proven vet, or if we keep the pick, and get Williams/Irving. I would be just as happy to settle with the pick, as long as they take on of those 2, and not pick someone else.

One of the rumors floating is the #2 pick and Beasely for Andrew Bynum, I would love to have Bynum on the Wolves, but I just dont think if we give up Beasely, we will give up the #2 pick as well, nor do I think the Lakers would want both. If this deal was to go down, I think it would have to be a multiple player, and 3 team trade.

Many exciting rumors flying around, cant wait to find out what they are actually going to come up with.

I saw a report that Steve nash was rumored to be part of #2 pick and another player deal

no to any Laker other than Kobe....even then I would be happy but I would take a while to warm up to Kobe!!

I hope they get Williams and then keep him.......

Well one thing is for sure, the media is sure having a good time talking about what MN is going to do with the #2 pick. I think they have MN linked to trading the #2 pick with Beasely to every team. One thing for sure, this #2 pick will most certainly help the Wolves in the future. Whether we trade it, for a proven vet, or if we keep the pick, and get Williams/Irving. I would be just as happy to settle with the pick, as long as they take on of those 2, and not pick someone else.

One of the rumors floating is the #2 pick and Beasely for Andrew Bynum, I would love to have Bynum on the Wolves, but I just dont think if we give up Beasely, we will give up the #2 pick as well, nor do I think the Lakers would want both. If this deal was to go down, I think it would have to be a multiple player, and 3 team trade.

Many exciting rumors flying around, cant wait to find out what they are actually going to come up with.

Bynum is terrible!

When Bynum is healthy, he is one of the best centers in the NBA. Problem is, he always seems to have something ailing him, and he has an attitude. But thats not always a bad thing.

Injury prone, Bynum cannot stay healthy at all. No to Bynum. I heard Lakers offered Odom straight up for #2, ridiculous; Lakers are saying Gasol and Bynum are untouchable. With Lorenzo Romar as a candidate for the coaching job, I would not mind us grabbing Williams at 2. I read in a wolves' site that Romar runs a lot of G, G, F, F, F and G, G, G, F, F lineups. I would not mind seeing this...

Rubio

Wes

Beasley

Williams

Love

or

Rubio

Wes

Beasley

Love

Randolph

The wolves turned down a deal for Odom for the #2 pick, then the lakers turned down the #2 pick for either Bynum or Gasol. And Rambis is being fired smile

I would take Bynum for the #2 if we could get it. Yes he is injury prone, but he's 7'2", plays defense and would dominate most centers if he was the focal point of an offense. Plus, he's only 23 compared to Gasol and Odom who are both over 30.

I would also accept that rumored deal with Milwaukee where we get Bogut and their #13 pick or whatever it was. Not a lot of true centers in the league. The Wolves need someone to help defend the rim to make up for their defensive shortcomings at other positions.

Well the Wolves took D Williams, I have no problem with that. Even if they keep him. We have a great young core, I just hope we can lure a center here with free agency.