• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It Has Begun!

Jackpine Rob

The Twins have started their run to the Division championship!

Led by Plouffe and Delmon providing inspiration, with the venerable old Horse Blow providing late-inning drama - our Twins are just now embarking on their climb from the cellar into the Post-Season. Just as fans begin to enjoy watching the ball games again (rather than wincing, wailing and tearing our hair) we will be treated to.................

THE SECOND COMING with the Baby Jesus returning to the field as frenzied fans scream themselves silly and Morneau remembers that he's supposed to use that wooden thingie to hit the round thingamajig.

Its going to be great - and I take back everything I said about sticking forks and such back in early April.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackpine Rob

• mrklean

• zamboni

• Duffman

I want what you're smokin... grin

Can I have some? My glaucoma is getting really bad.

My glaucoma is getting really bad.

Don't look now - Twins are up by 4 in the 5th inning - and Morneau just hit a dinger. Yep, Morneau knocked one out.

Bwahahahaha! All you Negative Nellies are going to be chomping down crow!

Looks to be 3 in a row. They'll probably clean the rest of the season in Harmon's memory. shocked

an ever slight glimmer. gotta love it.

the saying holds true, winning is easy when you're winning, winning is hard when you're losing.

They got to clean up the fielding tho

Were only a 1/4 of the way thru the season, that's like 4 games to the Vikings. They're within striking distance at this point but they need a lot more work and a tad more luck. A couple guys are showing some hints of confidence, let's hope that spreads.

We'll have a better idea at the half way mark on if they have any real chance of getting back in it.

You guys remember what happened after their last 3 game win streak don't you? I wouldn't be buying those playoff ticks just yet. grin

It will be interesting to see how they react tonight against the D-Bags after Harm's funeral today.

Hope you guys can get refunds on all those playoff tickets!!! Good ol' Delmon in left field is always fun to watch!

Horrid. Plain n simple. Maybe they have their eye on some top prospect in the draft and figure they'd tank this season to have a shot at him. Who knows. Friday nights game was entertaining tho, albeit came up a little short.

I might have a few extra playoff tickets if you act now....

• 2 weeks later...

4 game winning streak. Bunch of AA and Triple A players starting to light things up. Pitching coming around. Eerily reminiscent of a couple of years ago, when the Twinks were down for the count by the All Star Break, and came back to take the Division in Game 163.

Price on my playoff tickets is rising.....

who'd a thunk it that casilla can actually play baseball?

fun to watch this weekend. let's see what they do with cleveland after they got swept by texas.

psssst....the central sucks, the twinks should be well out of the race...but they're not

cool

Its OK Duffer - just climb up on the bandwagon and wave your Homer Hanky. It is the Piranhas Part Deux. Ha! Folks were actually somewhat excited about the batting order yesterday, but it was the middle/bottom of the order that made things happen.

I'm far from ready to jump on the bandwagon. But I am semi-excited to see them play again. Good timing too, since we're headed to the game on Thursday. Keep it up Twins!

yea im not jumping on i still think there gonna finish in the middle of the division, but i hope i eat my words, one time i want to be proven wrong

Nice to see the Twins stray away from their normal drafting technique of drafting speedy high school hitters and college pitchers who pitch to contact, by going with the switch hitting SS from UNC. Levi Michael is his name and scouting reports say he is the type of guy who is going to move thru the minor league system fast. Nice to see the Twins address the need at middle infield too. ESPN has him at the top SS in the draft too. Hopefully the Twins can get him to sign

UPDATE: with the Twins 6th round pick, they took Ivan (pudge) Rodriguez's son. Wow. I didn't know pudge was that old!!

yeah I like how the Twins went after something a little different this year. Levi looks promising but he has had an ankle injury this year and it has limited his range in the field. Another thing is that he has at best an average arm, which makes me think that he could move over to the second base position and be dynamite. Time will tell!

Thursday's game at home will be a BIG test for us to keep this streak of "better" baseball going. The Rangers are one of the best teams in baseball IMO.

Ha! Seats are going quickly up here on the Bandwagon - sign up now or you will miss your opportunity to say

"Hey - I was THAT GUY - who believed in a Division Champ run when others were crying in their beer!"