• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Wabedo Fishing Reports / Little Boy Lake Fishing Reports

Well it's time to start looking for the annual Wabedo and Little Boy reports. Like every other year it seems I need to get away from obligations in the cities like basketball tournaments, birthdays, doctor appt.s and weddings. The crappy spring weather seems to have everyone behind on the boating season and I'm no exception, so if you have been out, what have you seen?

I only got out for an hour each of the two days and the fish I caught were caught shallow for my experiences (I like to fish deeper than most do early)10-14 ft. and deep 28-30 ft.

I also heard some people having luck bobber fishing Saturday night in 4 ft. of water. The went back the next night and got bupkiss...

• 2 weeks later...

Water temp was 61.5 last night and as cold as it was and frost/freeze warnings I'm sure it dropped some. The same is possible tonight. The panfish haven't really moved into the shallows yet like they normally would have by now. Just the start of their movement, but not a lot of numbers yet. I haven't seen any by my dock. frown

Going to be fishing little boy this weekend, buddy has a cabin in musky bay, we are going to be going after some eyes. Any suggestions cobra? I know there is a great jig and shiner bite going on right now on leech / winnie, wondering if this would be a good choice ofr little boy? Also plann on doing some rigging with leeches around the many rocks and humps out there. Me and 2 buddys will be in a new black alumacraft....let me know what your thinking for eyes...

Not as familiar with LB as Wab, but the humps and rocks as well as the north end structure is usually good this time of year on LB. The fish I've caught so far have been on shiners because the eyes have been feeding on small perch. I did shift to a leech the other night and did catch one. It's been slow with all these cold fronts moving through, but the upside is they haven't crashed into summer patterns yet from what I have seen. I haven't been over to LB yet this year so I might have to run through the channel to take a look this weekend. Good luck and let me know how you do!

Virtually all the spots I normally panfish or fish for bass this time of year in emmergent vegetation were bare of the stuff to hold fish. It seems it's simply too early for it this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Weeds are starting to rise... The pannies are starting to move. I haven't fished eyes in a while due to the weather and the guys in my boat. I heard they are on crawlers now.

• 2 weeks later...

Fished LB & Wabedo for about 10 days. Walleyes were hitting Shiners and a jig combo in about 12 to 15 ft along the weed edges / drops / pts. Seemed like you just had to try 3 to 5 spots before you found active fish. It has slowed the past few days - hopefully it will get back to better shortly. Panfish were just starting to get active in the shallows - near the reeds and lilly pads. Wabado seemed better than Little Boy for the sunny's. Smallies were on the normal rock piles - never really targeted them for a day ; but caught numerous 16 / 17 'ers and some 19's. Northerns were hot and have slowed since also. No Crappies found or caught & it should have been a good time to get some. All the rain, cold weather and fronts really changed things for the worse. Stable weather and it should be great fishing - Good Luck !!!!!

Can I assume LB was better for eye than Wab? Were the northerns incidental to eye fishing or were you fishing for them? If so, can I ask what you used?

Thanks for the report..... The weather is really screwing things up! I've seen sunnies and bass come and go from the shallows on an hourly basis based on the weather this past week.

Cobra -

Most of northerns were picked up as eye fishing w jig and shinner; but many targeted w large sucker minnow and bobber on weed humps and weed / reed edges.

WB & LB similar on catching the eyes. LB best 12 days ago and Wab better more recently. LB center bar S end & n end lake / not much for us by the Y camp or townhall this year - WB humps by Island and what I call Iowa pt in 2nd section of lake.

One muskie by son - dissapointed as only 36" - he was fishing for ski's.

Thanks for the info...

More unstable weather this morning with big rain storm, lightning & thunder. Hopefully that is the end of instability for a while.... Suprised the Y area wasn't a good area for you

• 2 weeks later...

First trip to Wabedo/Little Boy on the 14th of July. I am very much looking forward to catching numbers of fish of any variety. Walleyes of course for shore lunch, smallies too. Probably try for muskies as I have never tried that before as well. Looking for any good places to start as midsummer can be a bit tougher. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

LB is probably a better bet than Wab for eyes. Smallies... find rocks and you'll probably find sm bass. I don't chase muskies but I see guys working vegetation filled bays and just working the shorelines. Hope that helps...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I had a poor fishing trip on LB and Wab last week. I came up on 26 June and fished that night and Monday. Caught 4 walleyes for 3 people. Biggest was 18 inches. I went to Canada for three days and came back to LB on 30 June. Fished hard the whole 4th weekend with 4 or more people fishing and only ended up boating 8 walleyes and only one of those was good sized (24 inches) and the rest were 14 or smaller. We tried both lakes, jigged, lindy rigged, long line trolled over deep water and slip bobber fished using leeches, crawlers and fatheads. We caught the most fish with slip bobber and a leech but that's not saying much. Had to fight through several rock bass to get to a late night walleye. Threw muskey baits for several hours as well without raising a single fish. We did manage to boat a few small northerns and a couple of bass on spinner baits. All in all a disappointing trip.....

Uggghhh! Well keep any news coming! All appreciated. I'm portable if need be so if there's any action nearby I could try that too. I'll be camping on LB. Thanks for the input so far. BTW, fished Island last 2 years. Excellent first year, 2nd was good, but wanted to try a new body of water.

Try a 3/4 ounce bottom bouncer with a 3' - 4' spinner rig (chart., red, pink, or silver). I usually just use a bigger crappie minnow for bait. Troll right up to the weed edges and back out to 20' or so. The weed edges are usually good on a cloudy day. Cover some water trolling with this (1 - 1.5 mph) and you might be surprised. This is on LB.

Thanks Schwanny and others! Trolling with spinners is how I was raised and I like 12-20 feet to do it in. I'll try different colors and baits, but are shiners worth the money? I suppose if that's what they're biting on it is! Right? Would love to boat, hook, fight, even just see my first Muskie as well. Any Muskie caught, unless a state record (insert mammoth smile here) would go directly back into the water. I will start packing tonight. Thanks again guys.

Good point! Eyes getting deep yet because of that? I'll be at LB resort. Swing by have a cold one for the help. Gotta get 2 more days-o-work out of the way still. Coming your way thursday morning, be on the water early afternoon if all goes well.

Anybody have good news for us? Off work and on the water as of tomorrow! That's good news, but how about the fishing? Thanks in advance.

Things were slow the other day because of the last storm. Just a nice rain this morning so no more storm disruptions and maybe more stable weather will pick things up...

Well, we got on the water late today and got 1 small eye, 1 nice smally, 6 broken lines and 1 SHATTERED rod. Got into the fish very late in the day, but we've got one spot down. Try again tomorrow. Looked like a fire at the YMCA camp tonight, maybe lost one of their cabins?

Cobra, will we see you on LB sometime this weekend? Look for a green Lund with 115 evinrude and a kicker.

I'm mostly on Wab...

The only time I have been on LB this season was to launch my boat at the access. The only time I made it out this weekend (it was miserable out and I was fixing stuff) was a short run for crappies Saturday night and they weren't cooperating. I saw an awful lot of boats on the lake and they all seemed to be moving a lot, which indicated fishing was tough. How did you do?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Goofy weather, but panfishing finally seems to be picking up some.

Thank goodness cuz I've got two kids up here that need constant entertainment!

Good to hear! I will be bringing the kids up this weekend and its nice to keep them busy and maybe fill the fry pan too. Our place is in the Hayfields on Wabedo, any tips on which direction I should head for some keepers?

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for a late reply....

I've had numerous and costly truck issues I've been dealing with and my boat hasn't seen my butt in over a week.

I have heard the left corner was good, but I've never fished it.....

I fish more on the right side than any other.