• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild Coach?

bucketmouth64

Heard on the news yesterday that Craig Mactavish is a candidate for Wild coaching job. Been pretty quiet on the Wild front about a new head coach. Any other candidates?

Didn't Murray have ties to the North Stars? That wouldn't be a bad choice since he would know how passionate MN. is about hockey since he was here before and can relate.

Daryl Sutter. It's a long shot, but I'd like it.

Have also heard Ken Hitchcock's name kicked around.

Wonder if Ron Wilson is being considered since he was on the staff already. I wonder how the Wild job is perceived. Lack of talent, wrong mix of players, type of "system" Fletcher's looking for.

Richards was a good coach.. I'll say it again... I heard on the NHL network that the Houston coach (forgot his name) is the front runner.. [PoorWordUsage]

Yeo is an interesting candidate, hard to say if he is ready yet but he certainly did good things with the Aeros in his first head coaching gig. He also has plenty of assistant experience in the AHL and NHL.

That sounds a whole lot like what Richards was. TR has potential, but needs more experience. A few more years as an assistant would be good for him. Just knowing how to be a better authority figure was what he lacked.

I still think we should have replaced JL with Todd McLellan (now coaching SJ) when we had the chance. But, hindsight is 20/20 I guess. I'm still hoping for the Coyotes to move to Winni and Tippet to break his contract and coach for us. Chances are slim, though.

I heard from a reebok rep recently that he believes Atlanta will be the one to move to the peg.

I hope the wild get proven coach that veterans will respect and the rookies will fear.

What about kevin constatine? Didn't he coach the Aeros when Risebrough/Lemaire was here? I thought his style was a balance between defense/offense, maybe more defense. Maybe this is going against what Fletcher wants in a up-tempo offense style. But I thought he was highly thought of in the minors, not sure if he has had any nhl experience.

That sounds a whole lot like what Richards was.

Yeo spent a little more time as an NHL assistant (4 year to 1) so he might be considered slightly more qualified but not by much.