• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fire Gardy

Triple_D

It's time.

Do it soon so we are not totally out of contention by next week.

Might not be his fault but we need a spark.

changing mgrs will not lead to a spark. You have to admit we are injury plagued and the pitching sux right now... call up Gibson and put him in the rotation ASAP!

Fire Gardy, why? He wins how many divisions and you want to fire him. Good call! The team will come around, and if not so be it. There is no reason to fire him.

Sniffer

I question a ton of his moves, but this year I really haven't. The top brass inability to go out and get major talent is the reason to this seasons failure. Injuries haven't helped, but I have come to expect it from #33 and #7 year after year.

So we signed Thome last year and this year. Too bad it isn't 1997 and he was young. That is about the only major signing they have made the past two seasons. That is pathetic. The Hardy trade last year- I knew that was a dumb move. He lives on the DL

so gardy is the reason why all our players keep getting injured?

I don't think it is Gardy's fault. Way too many injuries for the lineup to jell.

Gardy is not the blame!

Too many injuries to the best hitters on the team.

Pitchers who are afraid to pitch because they know they will not get any run support.

Dumb errors in the field and on the base paths.

Gardy can't help with the injuries. But he can try (or should) take a different approach to things to light a fire under some of these guys. Quit coddling some of these guys. Tell them their play/consistency sux. Tell some of these players...Casilla, Tolbert, Holm, Hughes, start playing like major leaguers or get sent down. I'll give a pass to Tosini for now, but if he keeps doing bonehead defensive plays send him down. Maybe Smith needs to find a free agent that can play better than some of these guys to stop some of the bleeding.

send them down and replace them with who exactly?

the blame game needs to be directed at bill smith. gardy is about the last person you can blame for the way things have gone.

Firing managers to get players attention has been a part of baseball for as long as any of us can remember.

If the players don't get the message, find a way to get their attention.

Why so many defenders? Must be Gardy's impressive post season managing, I forgot.

Didn't we just set a records for losses in April, even worse than those early '80s teams that were horrible, this is pathetic.

Great idea lets fire the manager of the year and one of, if not, thee best skipper in the game....

grin

Congrats....

00bs7te7.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us smile

Thats a tough call while I don't think firing a manager will turn the team around in a matter or a day or even a season it will send the message that managment means buisness and you better step and play or you'll be next.........I still think Gardy is holding this team back till mid June to make sure everyone is healthy for the stretch run. I hope I'm right.

We could have 2 straight years of this poor play and Gardy would be safe as far as his job goes.

But to suggest firing him now after one bad month in 10 years is although typical for some Minnesota sports fans it's beyond ABSURD to say the least from a common sense stand point.

Lets fire the manager maybe that will get a bunch of grown millionaire men to play better....LMAO!

It seemed to have worked for the Rockies in June '09 they fired Clint Hurdle after a 18-28 start and remember Hurdle got them to the World Series in '07 ( which is farther than Gardy has ever gotten the Twins)They then named a new manager in Jim Tracy who lit a fire and promptly when 74-42 the rest of the season and got into the NLDS!! Manager of the year is still not as good as taking a team with no history to the World Series and they still canned him! And the Rockies have never looked back!!! I say LIGHT THAT FIRE!!

While I have aborted the bandwagon on the Twins, I am not saying its time for head hunting. Gardy's job is safe for this year.

Fire Gardy, why? He wins how many divisions and you want to fire him. Good call! The team will come around, and if not so be it. There is no reason to fire him.

Sniffer

I agree with you about not firing him, its not his fault for the injuries this year. But please dont go there with how many division titles he has won. You can win many division titles but please have a world series ring or 2 to show for it and Gardy hasnt produced that yet.

Imo gardy does some questionable stuff but don't think he needs to go anywhere. Yet to say he has little part in their poor play this season is laughable. To say he has no responsibility would mean then that his award last year was earned by his team and he had no part of that either. Still think local sportswriters are way too easy on gardy and nobody ever asks him tough questions that should be asked.