• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Guy Gadowsky Takes Penn State Job

solbes

Yeah baby! Looks like Guy Gadowsky, Princeton's head coach over past 7 years, has accepted the head coaching position at Penn State. Gadowsy led them to the NCAA's twice out of the three total visits. His record with the Tigers was 105-109-15.

Colllective exhale and sigh of relief from Duluth fans. Now just waiting for a long term contract announcement from Bob Nielson, something on the order of 5 years+

I'm not realt surprised. They had said from the get go that academic integrity would be the biggest factor in the decision. The guy did wonders at princeton, if that's posible. I didn't see what he makes yet.....anyword on that.

Solbes I never told you ab out how I disliked sandy did I. When he coached the wjt 5 years ago or so. He made nate hagemo skate though a serious neck injury, which resulted as a career ender. I remember luca was furious about it. I thin.k we all know what happened to hagemo after he got hooked on the pain meds.

By the way, I'm sure hagemo begged sandy to play, but I have to keep my mean and bitter reputation in tact on here. So I b lame sandy

You just can't wait to blame another former Sioux player for something. If Sandy wasn't a Sioux - you probably would have forgiven him a long time ago

grin

]

Solbes I never told you ab out how I disliked sandy did I. When he coached the wjt 5 years ago or so. He made nate hagemo skate though a serious neck injury, which resulted as a career ender. I remember luca was furious about it. I thin.k we all know what happened to hagemo after he got hooked on the pain meds.

By the way, I'm sure hagemo begged sandy to play, but I have to keep my mean and bitter reputation in tact on here. So I b lame sandy

I never knew the story of how it all started for Nate. If thats true its unfortunate. He could have been something...

He had a ton of potential. He was suppose to be our next big stud d man.

First the pain killers, then all the mess we have seen in the news.

But yes, Lucia was furious with Sandy.

Certainly sad if true. Bad call on Sandy's part, but sometimes tough to judge these things. Neck injuries do not sound like something you'd want to chance though.

Back to Guy Gadowsky, thanks for the memories bud! Good thing your goalie decided to drop the puck right behind the net with 5 seconds remaining.

Come on, are you saying that usa hockey with a team doctor and trainers, leave it up to the coach if a player should play or not? I'm sure Hagemo was seen by these medical people and was cleared to play. Blaming Sandelin is one of those bar stories after too many beers!

I really just giving solbes a hard time. But to be honest with you, a lot of blame went sandys way.

Symptoms of a sore neck and 5 games in 5 days. Who knows.

It was more then just rumor that sandy was having the kid play after the injury. Honeslty its the wjc, hagemo surly wanted to play and its no secret that a coach wants his best players on the ice. He was actually hurt before he even left to go. And I think that shoulder-neck injury kept him from playing for the gophs again that year

I don't see how the coach could be blamed unless someone who dislikes him made the claim? The medical staffs determine if a player is ok to play, not the coach. We are not talking about a low level program that doesn't have the resources, this is USA hockey.

]I really just giving solbes a hard time. But to be honest with you, a lot of blame went sandys way.

National Championship = not getting upset about anything this whole offseason. Our team can do no wrong, our coach can do no wrong cool

Until next year, then the Kevlar vest comes off.

]I really just giving solbes a hard time. But to be honest with you, a lot of blame went sandys way.

Symptoms of a sore neck and 5 games in 5 days. Who knows.

It was more then just rumor that sandy was having the kid play after the injury. Honeslty its the wjc, hagemo surly wanted to play and its no secret that a coach wants his best players on the ice. He was actually hurt before he even left to go. And I think that shoulder-neck injury kept him from playing for the gophs again that year

I never heard this story. That is too bad.

Come on, are you saying that usa hockey with a team doctor and trainers, leave it up to the coach if a player should play or not? I'm sure Hagemo was seen by these medical people and was cleared to play. Blaming Sandelin is one of those bar stories after too many beers!

I have to lean towards this post, the dr's usually have the final say on this stuff. They had to have cleared him to play, he wanted to play, Sandy wanted to ice the best team, and I don't think anyone could have predicted things would have turned out the way they did.

I kind of feel it is just an unfortunate situation, no one should shoulder all the blame.

Again not blaming him, just telling you some info.

All this doctor talk, a doctor couldn't have stoped me from playing 7 years go. You might be givng docs a little too much credit here. Does the team travel with doctors or trainers, id hink the ladder. All this player protection has really come to be in last year or 2 with the concusions. Players played all the time when they shouldn't have, coaches put players on the ice all the time when they shouldn't have. It just usually works out bettr.

As far as hagemo, last I heard he bad a 10 game comeback in the e and chl. Dec,ent numbers but still hurt. I think he coaches bantams in edina.

]Again not blaming him, just telling you some info.

All this doctor talk, a doctor couldn't have stoped me from playing 7 years go. You might be givng docs a little too much credit here. Does the team travel with doctors or trainers, id hink the ladder. All this player protection has really come to be in last year or 2 with the concusions. Players played all the time when they shouldn't have, coaches put players on the ice all the time when they shouldn't have. It just usually works out bettr.

As far as hagemo, last I heard he bad a 10 game comeback in the e and chl. Dec,ent numbers but still hurt. I think he coaches bantams in edina.

Very true. I'd have a hard time believing that a head coach of a rival program would start their player that's obviously injured.

]Again not blaming him, just telling you some info.

Yes, USA hockey does have a doctor and trainers that travel with the team. I don't know were you played 7 yrs ago, but at the level we are talking about the doctors do have the final say in a player playing. To blame a coach for Hagemo's problems is ridiculous! Maybe watching Slapshot too many times?

Again not blaming him. just saying he received blame. So who is to blame then? he was hurt before he even left. Played hurt each game.

I can agree to that. Blame lucia.

Ok deadhorse notice just went out. I'm done with topic.