• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nishi

First Ice-Mike

I didn't see the play, but I read in the paper where Gardy and everyone on the Twins said it was a clean play. Even Nishi said it was his fault he got hurt.

If the guy with the broken leg says it's his fault, that pretty much blows any "dirty play" talk out of the water.

I seen the replay, my version of it sure looked like he was kicking his legs high for a leg sweep, but it doesnt matter what I think. I also think an experienced 2nd basemen would have protected him self, because of the possibility of someone trying to go out and give a high leg sweep.

Also I think Nish will benefit from some time in the minors anyhow. He wasnt ready for the big leagues.

Nishi learned the lesson of "getting out of the way while making the play". To bad he learned it the hard way, we have a lot of big boys over here in MLB compared to Japan. Some of them are suprisingly fast, but all of them will try and take you out. Live and learn baby!

I hate Swisher but like I said and others have said it was a clean baseball slide.....I do have a little more respect though for Swisher in that he went into the x-ray area and apologized to Nishi even though he did nothing wrong......

It was Nishi's fault for being off to the side of the bag instead of using the bag to keep Swisher off him. If Nishi had been properly behind the bag Swisher would have not been able to get to him. This is something you learn early on in your career or you won't have a very long career. You always let the bag protect you or the runner is going to get a piece of you.

i think most people are over looking nishi's weak arm

on the play before Swisher took him out, he had a chance to turn a double play, but his throw was late to first (on a bounce by the way)

If he makes that play, Swisher would have been out and Nishi’s leg would not be broke

it was a clean play..... go twins

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      Looks like you could use a FM hat. 😉    The future son in law prefers the lump coal.  He’ll start it in coal starter over a propane burner, then dump in it his smoker grill as needed.   Congrats on the clean break “over there”.
    • leech~~
      Should really start a What yeah Smoking thread!    Another fun place we tried when up in Duluth. OMC stands for "Oink, Moo, Cluck" They serve pork cracklins for starter to test their sauces on.    
    • Hookmaster
      On the east side of St. Boni. It's not too far from me. A friend lives in St Boni and loves the place. I haven't tried it yet.
    • leech~~
      Minnetrista, Mn  
    • Mike89
      where's that place?   figured it out...  
    • leech~~
      First time ever going there with the wife. Little spendy but they make some darn good piles of meat! We had the brisket! 😋
    • fishingstar
      I have heard it's because of the drought. I know in my area ( meeker co.) the sloughs that they trap minnows in have dried up. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Excuse my ignorance, but was is driving the bait prices? Usually the shortage is due to a late ice-out from the swamps and streams. This year should have been much better.
    • CigarGuy
      I should probably learn to use the 6+ containers of lures I have collecting dust in my tackle box. We got on a decent crappie bite the last couple of evenings and I broke out some plastics.  I caught some crappies on them ,just need to build my confidence in using them! I did notice they didn't seem to hold on to them as long as minnows!
    • PSU
      Great news, thank Skunked  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.