• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Electronic Waiting Room

nofishfisherman

Anyone else stuck in the electronic waiting room/ticket line?

I've been stuck here for almost 2 hours now and it still says I'm at the back of the line.

Good luck! I'm a season ticket holder (20 game pkg) and we were able to buy single game seats last Wednesday. I could not get two seats together for ANY of the games I wanted. There may be a handfull of weekday games where there could be some seats left, but for the most part, this season is already sold out.

I was just hoping to get 2 tickets to a couple week night games. Waited for over 2 hours and still couldn't get in. Had to go run to the hardware store and get some stuff done but I'm back waiting again.

Finally got 2 tickets to a couple different games. There are still tickets to be had you just need to do some looking around. I found 2 seats together in a few different price ranges for several games.

Hundreds of Twins fans were left empty-handed and infuriated Saturday after a server problem snarled online ticket purchases for what team officials insisted were a "relatively small" number on the first day of single-game ticket sales.

Fans deluged the site for tickets in unprecedented numbers, then stormed Twitter and Facebook to vent about waiting for hours to purchase tickets, only to be greeted by a "white screen of death" when they reached the front of the virtual line.

"Livid does not begin to describe how I am feeling at this moment," Laura Foster posted on the Twins' Facebook page. "Waiting for hours and wasting an entire day with nothing to show for it -- what is the matter with your ticket office?"

Despite the problem, tickets were still selling at a pace about 20,000 ahead of last year, said Kevin Smith, the team's executive director of public affairs -- demand not seen since the 1987 World Series.

Server glitches and repairs on the ticket-ordering website appeared to kick customers out of their place in line starting at noon. At first, team officials said those greeted by a white screen had not lost their place. But at 4 p.m., Smith said that was no longer the case and that fans running into the glitch would have to start over again.

Smith estimated that only a few hundred users encountered the problem, one he said that originated with the Twins' online ticketing partner, Tickets.com. He said that it was too early to tell whether the problem was the result of heavy demand but that it was probably a combination of demand and technical issues.

Nicholas Kelly of Bloomington said he and his wife got online on separate computers starting at 9:30 a.m. only to encounter frozen screens when they got to the front of the line. Six hours later, he was still clicking "refresh" with no results.

"I'm beating my head against the wall," Kelly said. "It blows my mind thinking about how they're fighting so hard to get re-salers from selling tickets, and now I don't know how I'm going to buy tickets."

Said Smith: "People need to be patient. ... If it feels kind of lonely sitting at your computer by yourself at home, remember, you're not alone."

In addition to the online queue and phone sales handled by 68 operators, hundreds of people waited in long lines at Target Field for tickets.

Smith encouraged metro residents to come to Target Field to get tickets. Although windows officially closed at 6 p.m. Saturday, they stayed open to accommodate those still in line at that time.

More than 100,000 tickets were sold during last week's presale to season-ticket holders. It's too soon to tell how many were sold Saturday, Smith said. He discounted Facebook rumors that many games are sold out, saying "hundreds of thousands of tickets" remain, though it may be tougher to obtain them for plum games.

"This is not a sky-is-falling scenario," he said.

The Twins' ticket office and phone lines (1-800-33-TWINS or 612-338-9467) will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.

I sat in the "waiting room for over 4 housr today, then FINALLY got in and something went wrong, my screen went blank! could not get back in and when I did i was at the back of the line... just looked again now and there are tix, if you want thm in groups of 1 or 2 mad

yeah the system they have now sure doesn't work all that well. Left a lot of people frustrated. I've got tickets to 2 games and I'll probably go to a few more by buying tickets the day of the game when they release extra tickets.

called 33 twins got on in 20 minutes very helpful lady searched many options for me still couldnt find 2 seats within spittin distance of each other. that lady was verrrrrrrrrrrrry patient and helpful. Tried online this morning and found 3 seats on day that looked on line as though it was sold out at one time yesterday. HUH?!

Had issues on Saturday as well. Looks like next year, I'm gonna have to go for the 20 game season ticket package. Sounds like it'll have to be on the Christmas list this year.

The way the ticket situation is its a joke. Brand new stadium and ticket sales have to this problematic....? I spent 6 hours on sat and when I got in the system told me due to high volume your request couldn't be processed.... might as well just forget about it! All I was after was two tickets for a sunday game. I guess maybe the resellers should be banned for the first week of game sales then normal guy might have a chance.

you're better off calling the phone number for ticket sales. the online system sucks big time.

when i was trying to get game 163 tickets vs. the Tigers, it was the same deal. Their servers get slammed big time. They still haven't learned their lesson to improve it yet. I was able to finally get in by redialing the phone number til I got into someone.

Of course, try to get to the ballpark and wait in line is best. But not an option for outstate folks like me.

Waited in the online waiting room from 10:30 to 4pm. When I finally got in, could not find 4 tickets together for even low demand games like tampa bay and cleveland. Got kicked out without finding tickets.

We had 3 computers up for 5 hours and it never said we moved up the line. Finally we got through on the phone and was able to get our tickets. It was a terrible website

Just found out my company bought a full season package and that I get tickets to opening weekend plus 5 other games of my choice. Wish they would have told me last Friday, it would have saved me a lot of time and frustration.

I tried the online thing yesterday around 9am just to see what I could find. Got tired of waiting, after about 30 mins.

Called the ticket office and was only on hold for a few mins. Got 2 tickets for the Sunday July 24th game and had everything purchased and processed over the phone well before the virtual waiting room would have allowed me. I kept it open for a while just to see how long it would have actually taken online, but did not wait long enough to fully test.

If your still looking I say avoid the website and just call. There is a couple extra small fees doing it over the phone but I dont have time to sit and wait for the stupid virtual waiting room.