• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Metro Cat League

Gordie

Sorry Brad but I think that sundays would work best these are some of the tenitive dates that I'm looking at and I will be putting the rules together later this week.

May 22nd

June 12th

June 26th

August 14th

August 28th

and a possible September date we could have the 11th

These are just a few dates that I threw together and they are not set in stone yet. Like I said I will be putting togetther the rules and the firm dates later this week and figure out a time and a place for a pre-league meeting

I will have some info after the strugeon excursion for you guys that are intrested right now work and that mostly work are consumming my time

Hey fellas, I'd be interested in the league. I think I may have a partner already too. I'll need to know more as I work sundays but I may be able to make a schedule work out.

We are in the stages of setting up a site and we had to change the Name as Upper mississippi cat league was already in use so We decided on NMCL=Northwest Metro Cat League

More to come

• 2 weeks later...

NMCL MEETING

Place: Broadway Bar and pizza in Elk River

Time: May 1st 7pm

I'm think we should meet at Broadway bar in Elk River next Sunday at 7pm to get this started.

So if you are intrested please so up and we'll get our cat league worked on.

see ya there

Good meeting guys. smile We got some much needed things hammered out and our focus is focused. ;D We worked it out so there is not much of any reason, short of working, lazy, or the wife runnith the show, that guy could say he can not join.

After Gordy puts all of tonights notes together we can bring forward a better idea of the league basics.

Mrklean,Shack thasnks for showing up and I think were on our way to starting something really fun and exciting for thias area.

Shack you got mail

new dates for the league

June 5th

june 19th

August 14th

August 28th

September 11 th

Start time 6:00pm until 11pm

you can start anytime after 6pm

You have until may 20th to sign up

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to revive this thread and see if this is still going on? Father-in-law and I just recently got into catfishing and I just recently relocated to Otsego. No boats, but am certainly interested, would love to learn from the expert river rats! I got beer/bait/gas smile I'd be interested in shore fishing too. Thanks!

Just wanted to revive this thread and see if this is still going on? Father-in-law and I just recently got into catfishing and I just recently relocated to Otsego. No boats, but am certainly interested, would love to learn from the expert river rats! I got beer/bait/gas smile I'd be interested in shore fishing too. Thanks!

the league never took off. as for shore fishing you have one of my favorite shore spots right in your back yard. I have shore spots from Clearwater to Elk River that I would be willing to show you if you kept them to just you and your father in law. some of the spots are over looked as catfish spots and are more fished by guys looking for small mouth bass. I don't know how much of the river you have seen in this area. there is also a new spot up by st cloud that I was thinking of trying some time yet this summer. I'd be will to meet someplace and go shore fishing sometime. the best time for me would be a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday night after 5PM. I could do a saturday if I had advanced notice so I can have grandma watch the grand kids for awhile. feel free to PM me if you are interested. By the way I am from Monticello.

Hey Brad B:

Thanks for replying. So my FIL just went to the big C and bought $200 worth of new cat gear. I'm a lefty so I had to special order my reel. Its a Shimano Cardiff 400 series. He bought the same reel (yeah i gave him cra* about it!) Needless to say its a sweet clicker. The sound of that clicker is like music! We'd love to tag along if you wanted to get together and drown some cut bait. We've only fished Otsego park, that small stretch and have plans to float a canoe down to one of the islans and set up shop for the day. Let me know if you want to get together anytime soon. Maybe in the next few weeks? Not sure what catfishing is like in the mid summer. Anybody else who wants to join, we can make this the official NORTH METRO SHORE FISHERS Get together? :P

Hey Brad B:

Thanks for replying. So my FIL just went to the big C and bought $200 worth of new cat gear. I'm a lefty so I had to special order my reel. Its a Shimano Cardiff 400 series. He bought the same reel (yeah i gave him cra* about it!) Needless to say its a sweet clicker. The sound of that clicker is like music! We'd love to tag along if you wanted to get together and drown some cut bait. We've only fished Otsego park, that small stretch and have plans to float a canoe down to one of the islans and set up shop for the day. Let me know if you want to get together anytime soon. Maybe in the next few weeks? Not sure what catfishing is like in the mid summer. Anybody else who wants to join, we can make this the official NORTH METRO SHORE FISHERS Get together? :P

I run Abu Garcia 6501 C3's and 7001I(I use left handed bait casters also). Otsego Park is one of the spots I fish. It is also the site of the Hot Spot Outdoors Mississippi North get together. We meet up around the end of April each year and try to catch what ever wants to bite that night. mid summer normally slows down but cats will still bite. it should pick up at otsego park by September. the best times for me to meet up is at around 5PM (I get back to Monti by 4:15PM from work) on a monday, tuesday, or wednesday nights. Saturdays work with a advanced notice as long as I can get grandma to watch the grand kids. If you wanted to take a drive I can show you spots all the way to Clearwater and one place on the edge of st cloud that are places where I shorefish. I was just down to otsego park tonight and I was amazed by how high the water is. right now there is only 2 spots that I could fish. they are otsego and one upriver of Monti (I will be specific when we meet up sometime). these two spot have given me the best results. there are afew in monti that may be fishable but I haven't wanted to try them. I don't know if you would be interested but during the ice fishing season there is a chain of lakes up by cold springs and richmond that will put out cats through the ice. it is the site of the HSO COOL CATS event. Ice fishing cats is a blast. before I forget did you get a chance to check out Catfish Connection. Also check out bottom dweller tackle. they both specialize in catfish gear.

Pick a date that works for you and let me know( I will see if it would work for me),

Brad